• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

amsemp

Director⭐
If you could do any job in the world, what would it be/have been and why?

There's two things I've always wanted to do. The first would be a football scout/youth team coach, as I think the satisfaction of spotting a talented 8 or 9 year old that no ones ever heard of, signing him up, seeing him come through the ranks and becoming a brilliant footballer would be incredible. Imagine the people who originally spotted Gareth Bale, Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo and how satisfying it must be seeing how well they're doing now!

The second would be an airline pilot. I always wanted to be able to fly since I was a kid and I think it's the whole sense of freedom, just getting in a plane, taking off and flying above the clouds. I imagine it's quite therapeutic, like your leaving all your worries and troubles all the way down there. Plus you get to travel the world, get paid handsomely for it and you'll undoubtably get to see some breathtaking views!

What's everyone else's? Anyone lucky enough to be doing or have done their dream job? There must be some good ones :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Accountant, the idea of staring at numbers from 9 to 6 (or later) and correcting client mistakes gives me a raging hard on.

In all seriousness, I'm with you. I'd love to be a youth team coach at some point in the future. If I could, I'd watch football all the time. I get what you mean, imagine not only scouting a player but coaching them for several years and seeing them flourish into a top player.

Probably a writer - knocking up a best seller and transferring it to the big screen. Also, I love cooking, but I seriously doubt I'd want the hours and the stress of being a pro-chef so a nice little cafe that opens at 7 and closes about 3pm - many moons ago I went in a lovely place in San Francisco, so I'll have that one please :smile:

Ideally something **** easy that pays really well and has a lot of cachet - fashion designer or Damien Hirst style artist sort of thing.

Realistically something that pays well and is interesting. I currently write software for banks which is reasonably well paid and interests me but the hours are long and the work can be dull at times. I used to work for a well known US bank and never worked less than 11-12 hours a day. I now contract program for another bank and have got it down to about ten hours a day which is better but not ideal. There aren't many people over fifty in this line of work so I imagine I will have to think of another career in ten or so years....

I cant spell or do grammer so an office job is out,i hate people so most other jobs are out im fat and pig ugly so fashion/modeling is out,im not te brightest of sparks so my dream job is being a builder so best i stick at what i love.

I cant spell or do grammer so an office job is out,i hate people so most other jobs are out im fat and pig ugly so fashion/modeling is out,im not te brightest of sparks so my dream job is being a builder so best i stick at what i love.

Ever considered teaching English?

:whistling:

FIFA match delegate - travel the world and watch footy. Get loads of shady presents as well.

Mob boss. I like the idea of walking around in expensive suits, wearing a cashmere overcoat over my shoulders and shaking hands menacingly with people in restaurants.

Mob boss. I like the idea of walking around in expensive suits, wearing a cashmere overcoat over my shoulders and shaking hands menacingly with people in restaurants.

I'd be out and about running my shy in a Fila tracksuit like Chris.

I'd be out and about running my shy in a Fila tracksuit like Chris.

I'd be Ciro, looking like Pep Guardiola in Gomorrah

gomorrah_ciro_genno.jpg

Foresnic pathologist

Got really interested in the likes of Spilsbury and Simpson just a little too late to go back and redo my exams and get the degrees , but would love the job.
All about facts and logic .

It is now very popular , particular since the CSI's , Silent witness , Waking the Dad made the job look a damn site better than Quincy did....

Aside from being a professional footballer, which I'm sure we'd all love, being the lead singer of a big rock band. I can't imagine many better feelings in the world than walking out onto a stage in front of thousands of people who are singing your songs.

More realistically speaking my dream job has often been football journalist. I am working in PR so not too far off.

Foresnic pathologist

Got really interested in the likes of Spilsbury and Simpson just a little too late to go back and redo my exams and get the degrees , but would love the job.
All about facts and logic .

It is now very popular , particular since the CSI's , Silent witness , Waking the Dad made the job look a damn site better than Quincy did....

A job as an alarm clock...you can aim higher than that mate.....

I should write comedy, natch :tease:

Back