• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Your dream program

Which of the following do you like the look of? (Multiple Choice)

• Virtual Stock Market

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Blackjack (21s)

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Football Manager Scout Utility

• Gym Planner (plan your exercises)

• Lottery Simulator

Votes: 1 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

chapperzUK

I am doing a computing course at SEEVIC and for our coursework we need to create a program but I only have 2 ideas.

Virtual stock Market game
Blackjack (21s)

I am trying to think of other options but have hit a wall. So I am asking what would you like a computer program to do?

Thanks in advance

Virtual Stock Market - A program where you can buy and Sell Shares in a virtual world
Blackjack (21s) - The game where you try to get as close to 21 without going over and also beat the dealer's total.
Football Manager Scout Utility - A program that helps you with the popular game Football Manager
Gym Planner (plan your exercises) - Plan your workouts and routines with this program and design your own schedule.
Lottery Simulator - Basically like playing the lottery without paying and without winning.

Last edited:
Or a translator programme?

Nice ideo but the problem is that I only know English (and I even struggle with that sometimes! ;))

Isn't it program, minus the -me? :unsure:

I wouldn't mind a program that helps you sort out files easily into categories on your hard drive.

When you say sort into categories do you mean the categories are the programs you use when you open the files? (Such as Microsoft Word, Adobe Photoshop etc.)

How about an Artificial Neural Network simulator :) For a small (large) fee you can have my source code.

One that tells my family what to do to keep the house running smoothly if I am away! Did NOT appreciate coming home knackered after 3 days away to find no washing done.

Nice ideo but the problem is that I only know English (and I even struggle with that sometimes! ;))

When you say sort into categories do you mean the categories are the programs you use when you open the files? (Such as Microsoft Word, Adobe Photoshop etc.)

No, I mean different folders that the files are in. Took me a couple of weeks sorting out all of my graphics files last year!

I think Windows already does what you said?

Thanks for that. I am going to create a poll on wednesday with some of the ideas that I like from here and from somewhere else. Keep them coming :clap:

An open-source Monte Carlo Markov Chain simulation interface for MS Excel... a bit like Crystal Ball but free.

probably not up your street though!

i'd be interested in knowing a bit more about what this does!

From the first line of my dissertation: An Artificial Neural Network or (ANN) is a computerised mathematical model that attempts to simulate the processes within the human brain.

From the first line of my dissertation: An Artificial Neural Network or (ANN) is a computerised mathematical model that attempts to simulate the processes within the human brain.

Cool, I know what ANN's are but was wondering what the focus of your dissertation was.

An open-source Monte Carlo Markov Chain simulation interface for MS Excel... a bit like Crystal Ball but free.

probably not up your street though!

Sorry but I'm not sure what that is. Could you give a bit more information about it?

Back