• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

took my ex new bird at the time, to barnsley at home championship season, first time took her to football, cried :(

she came leeds at home, where i was trying to engage in a little one on one abuse with the away fans, when she kept pulling me back away, less than helpful for my roughneck image.

took her doncaster away, left her at the back in her seat, while i went and pratted around at the front for 35 minutes, thats why you take the day off and not call in sick.

she came to about 10 games in the end, and never got to watch the bluebelles. and when i was singing the nicky bailey song she sulked.

Season ticket holders together for the last 14 years. Both been going to games since we were at school. Married for 25 years. Which of us is the other half?

My experiences conflict between which Mrs I brought.

Old Mrs DtS came to three games as follows

1) Blackpool Home - We lost 3-0 with Danny Shi ttu scoring twice I think. Worst game ever we were terrible. Took her for a drink in the spread before the game to meet my old man for the first time and she said it was thr grottiest pub she had ever seen. On the way home our lads gave the Blackpool lads a good spanking outside the station. Then as our lads went of they all said "Alright Dave" to me so the Mrs though I was some osrt of nutter.

2) Canvey Pre-Season away - We decided to go to DoDTS's for my birthday which happened to coinside with Canvey Away. We drew I think - The Mrs got chatted up by fat boy Ben Smith before the game and she also got sunburn

3) Mansfield at Home - Not sure why she agreed to come to this one as it was towards the end of a really pointless season. This was also the game the ref died. Taking your Mrs to in effect watch a man die was not really that welcomed as you can imagine.

In contrast Mrs DtS (New and very much improved) has only been once. A pleasant drink before hand only ruined by having to meet Ldn Fatso and Cricko before a thrilling two all draw with Cheltenham. No sign of the Cheltenham Murder Squad on the day either. Gower scored and he was my fav and I spent most of the time abusing the cheltenham players much to Mrs DtS amusement and embarrasement.

3) Mansfield at Home - Not sure why she agreed to come to this one as it was towards the end of a really pointless season. This was also the game the ref died. Taking your Mrs to in effect watch a man die was not really that welcomed as you can imagine.

Yeah my missus came to me with that one too. Not the most fondly remembered romantic day out I have to say!

Back