• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Tommy2holes

Life President⭐
I'm sure this has been done before , but feeling slightly nostalgic with the new season upon us.

And with some of us suffered more years than others , I thought It would interesting to see who everybody's favourite all time blues player is.

Its a tricky one for me as I was fortunate enough to start watching blues under Barry Fry and we had some cracking players back then.

There are lots of players who could have made a top 5 , but ultimately it came down to two players from that team.

Chris powell sadly came second , behind the one and only black flash.

At 14 years old I had no real understanding of the game , but I knew an exciting player when I saw one. Ricky Otto was one of those players that had the season of his life and would have been sold for fortunes in todays economy , but back then around 1 million was a very decent fee.

Otto had that ability to just take the total **** out of opposition. He was a very very direct winger who could score ridiculous goals. His goal away to Barnsley could have been goal of the season had he been a premier league player.

It was my first taste of football disappointment when fat baz buggered off and took a great player away from us.

Such a shame he got a knee problem as im sure he could have been a top flight footballer.

Career criminal , football league player, my favourite and now works to educate youths on the perils of crime.

It changes every week. This week, it's Oh Stanley Stanley. Actually most weeks it's him. No-one at the time knew anything about him, my Dad thought he'd be another Richard Young. But that debut, my word. Only 30 games, but he had everything - power, strength, can shoot with both feet, could head, could dribble. Plus, he assisted the winner v West Ham.

I'm sure this has been done before , but feeling slightly nostalgic with the new season upon us.

And with some of us suffered more years than others , I thought It would interesting to see who everybody's favourite all time blues player is.

Its a tricky one for me as I was fortunate enough to start watching blues under Barry Fry and we had some cracking players back then.

There are lots of players who could have made a top 5 , but ultimately it came down to two players from that team.

Chris powell sadly came second , behind the one and only black flash.

At 14 years old I had no real understanding of the game , but I knew an exciting player when I saw one. Ricky Otto was one of those players that had the season of his life and would have been sold for fortunes in todays economy , but back then around 1 million was a very decent fee.

Otto had that ability to just take the total **** out of opposition. He was a very very direct winger who could score ridiculous goals. His goal away to Barnsley could have been goal of the season had he been a premier league player.

It was my first taste of football disappointment when fat baz buggered off and took a great player away from us.

Such a shame he got a knee problem as im sure he could have been a top flight footballer.

Career criminal , football league player, my favourite and now works to educate youths on the perils of crime.

I'm 100% with you. Was my idol as a kid, I was inconsolable when he went to Brum. When all the other kids in in the playground were Gazza or Ian Wright I was Ricky Otto. I don't think any player will ever live up to your childhood idol. I have great memories of Freddy too but he's definitely 2nd to Otto for me.

Best player is one thing (probably SVC); favourite player though is another.

For me that's Colin Morris (he walks on water you know!).

1. Stan the Man
2. Chris "Wiggle it" Powell
3. Spencer "Spinner" Prior
4. Freddy Eastwood
5. Adam Barrett

plus honorable mentions for Barry Corr, King Kev & Roycey.

The best I've seen is Freddy for obvious reasons, however if you can include loan players then Dorian Dervite has to receive a special mention!

Chris Powell
I remember thinking 'he is just too good for us surely'
I was fortunate to meet him many times...always a top top bloke. He was always great with the fans in general.
He was loyal too.
When he got his England call up im not ashamed to say i welled up i was so pleased for him.

There has been some fun forward players, Crown, Cadette, Collymore and Freddy to name a few and some other greats like Colin Morris, Anton Otulakowski etc but for me Alan Moody has to be my favourite. A good defender, honest, dependable and for so long the heart and soul of the team. Nothing showy but so consistent. Got on with the job, marshalled the team and ever the professional.

I'm going to say it because nobody else has, but Kevin Maher. Similar to kingSHRIMPER, that's who I was when I was in playground.

Paul Clark. Full bloodied old fashioned centre half. He was there for our greatest moment in 1991 and will therefore be forever my favourite.

Richard Cadette, 2nd May 1986, scored four against Rochdale that evening if my memory doesn't fail me.

Billy Best. Though I was very young and got caught up in the overwhelming adoration of The King by so many older supporters. He had something very special.
That I can remember more about actual play? Richard Cadette. When he was on it...unstoppable.

It changes every week. This week, it's Oh Stanley Stanley. Actually most weeks it's him. No-one at the time knew anything about him, my Dad thought he'd be another Richard Young. But that debut, my word. Only 30 games, but he had everything - power, strength, can shoot with both feet, could head, could dribble. Plus, he assisted the winner v West Ham.

Those comments are so True, I remember reading on the Friday night the echo with my dad and we both mocked him,

Back