• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Your favourite of the so called "Big four"

Options

• Total voters

DTS

The Business
Watching the premiership on the opening day of the season made me realise how much I cant stand football at the top level. So many plastic fans and the whole beauty of football seems lost to me.

Spent Sunday on the beach with the Mrs and it amazed me how the big four have such a monopoly on the support.

Of the big four which one do you support most if y0u had to pick one or should I say dislike the least.

Personally I favour Chelsea. Mine is only for personal reasons as my best mate supports them and I have been to some really good stadiums and seen some of the top players with him. I used to have a soft spot for Chelsea back in the days when no-one supported them and they had my personal hero Kerry Dixon playing for them.

I do find it a bit sad now when you see al these glory boys supporting Chelsea when you know they didnt support them before they were rich or when you go up North and you see Chelsea fans all over the place in Stockport or Oldham but I would always support them over Northern "Glory" sides like Man U and Liverpool or the foreign legion which is Arsenal.

I've grown to rather like Arsenal over the last few years. Everyone at the club is friendly, Wenger's press conferences are always fascinating, the football is exquisite and there seems to be general lack of modern day hysteria behind the scenes.

Shame about the fans really, a significant proportion of whom are the worst kind of johnny-come-lately spivs, ready to boo their own players at the first sign of a misplaced pass. I can't think of many clubs who would have had to play in front of a half-empty stadium in the closing stages of a Champions League semi-final. It's not all of them, by any extent. Just a lot of them.

I quite like both Arsenal and Liverpool to be honest, and have enjoyed watching Man U games over the years going back to the 70s when Stuart Pearson and the Greenhoff brothers were there. Chelsea are the ones I like least.

I just can't bring myself to vote for any of them. If I have time for any top flight club, it's Man City - there's a group of fans who stayed loyal through thick and (very) thin - any club that can have over 34,000 at home to see Macclesfield Town in League One is a club worthy of our respect.

I won't question his footballing brain, He is a very good manager...

BUT...

He is a complete ****!!! Everything about him is ****ing annoying. He's the first to whinge when something goes against them, and the first to say " errr vell, i diderrrr not 'appen to see la incident" What a mug the guy is.

And according to a Spurs song, he likes kids in a non football way

i've voted for man u as i used to be a glory hunter in my toddler years before i was introduced to southend. though the one team i enjoy watchin in the prem is arsenal, flowing football and an interesting witty manager. hope they do well this year cos it'll bring a new dimension to the top league!

I won't question his footballing brain, He is a very good manager...

BUT...

He is a complete ****!!! Everything about him is ****ing annoying. He's the first to whinge when something goes against them, and the first to say " errr vell, i diderrrr not 'appen to see la incident" What a mug the guy is.

And according to a Spurs song, he likes kids in a non football way

Who doesn't do that?! Fergie whinges about absolutely everything! Rafa has long since lost his grip on reality and it's only a matter of time until Ancelotti goes bonkers!

The only Premier League manager who ever showed any kind of dignity when things went against him was Stuart Pearce, but things went against him so often, they sacked him.

That Spurs song is evil. I can't believe people can do that to another human being.

I went for Chelsea as a holdover from the Mourinho days - the man is a legend. As good a job as Fabio is doing for the Three Lions, I'd have loved to see Jose managing our National Side. Can you imagine how he would have reacted to events like the Hand of God? The Press Conference after that game would have made up for us not making the semi-final. And I can imagine him pumping his fist towards the German/Dutch/Frog/any Johnny Foreigner fans as we score a crucial goal.

As Mourinho's long gone, I can't say I really like Chelsea, but I can say that I hate them less than the other three.

Arsenal, ever since they won the title at Anfield at the backend of the 80's (admittedly, grew more out of my hatred of Liverpool in that period).

Chelsea = noveau riche club, scummy fans.
Man U = just tossers, and i can't stand Ferdinand.
Liverpool = conceited, self-entitled sentimentalist arsehole of a club.

A lot of my family are Londoners who support the Arse, so I have the privilege of knowing "big four" fans who aren't total *****.

I'm sure the other three all have decent fans too, it just seems to be that the overwhelming majority of them around the areas I've lived in are of the plastic, glory hunting **** variety.

Of the 4 i'd prefer to see Liverpool win as they have had a bit of a domestic barren spell.
As my Dad is a Spurs Supporter i have to hate Arsenal with a passion.

Liverpool - no bloody way. Too many people my age are Liverpool glory fans. Including the four guys I shared a housw with at university (they were from Hastings, Leamington and Milton Keynes)

Manchester United - not quite so many glory fans of my age (remember how naff they were in the mid-late 80s?) but still difficult to like. I admire them, but can't like them.

Chelsea - horrible club with loads of fascist fans. They are also the club of choice for a lot of knuckle draggers in my part of West London/Middlesex

Arsenal - poor record with English players (although Liverpool come a close second nowadays) but Wenger is a genius and Highbury was a very classy ground. They play some lovely stuff too. So it's Arsenal for me. Just.

Chelsea - horrible club with loads of fascist fans. They are also the club of choice for a lot of knuckle draggers in my part of West London/Middlesex.

I trust your judgement sir, and just look at who registered the single Chelsea vote.

Edit: now there's two, and the other guy is trying to back out......

Last edited:
Dave even tho you said Chelsea in your post, you still voted Arsenal:unsure:

I didn't read it properly and voted for the team I hate most. The team I like to watch best and has the least plastic fans I think is Arsenal.

Mods, Please can I change my vote, I have been very silly.

I didn't read it properly and voted for the team I hate most. The team I like to watch best and has the least plastic fans I think is Arsenal.

Not possible I'm afraid. Try not to worry about it too much though.

Well as I did the same of you but in reverse (EG I prefer Chelsea but voted Arsenal) it wont effect the result too much if that helps.

Back