• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Your first game - what did it cost?

RobM

55 years as a supporter!⭐
I started supporting The Blues in 1966. The cost was;

Bus fare 2/3d return (11p) Admission 1/6d (7.5p) with a transfer into the West Stand being 6d (2.5p), programme 4d (1.5p).

So 4/7d or 23.5p all in.

Now I'd say about £25.

I started supporting The Blues in 1966. The cost was;

Bus fare 2/3d return (11p) Admission 1/6d (7.5p) with a transfer into the West Stand being 6d (2.5p), programme 4d (1.5p).

So 4/7d or 23.5p all in.

Now I'd say about £25.

Your bus fare was expensive.

Can't remember how much terrace admission for kids was in 1982 £1.15 rings a bell, does anyone know? I remember anyone under 16 had to buy a photo membership card to get in the ground, no card no admission!

Programmes were 35p I think.

Think mine was £5.50 in 91 , north bank styley :clap:

****ing 5.50 to get crushed up against a fence .......lovely;)

£1.60 I think in the north paddock, a few years later I remember the shock when the north bank went up to £4.50 a game and no season tickets!

Cost me (and my Dad) nothing at all!! Was 1992. I was 5 and dad was on looking after me duty as Mum was at work. Arrived at ground and turn stile guy told my dad to lift me over the barrier! I then got in the ground and ran straight onto the pitch opps! Lol!! Although the steward didnt really mind from what i remember!

Em.

Think mine was £5.50 in 91 , north bank styley :clap:

****ing 5.50 to get crushed up against a fence .......lovely;)

Exactly the same for me..right behind the barriers dead centre behind the goal...smashing the lights with a ball that Sammy had thrown over...quality!!

As I suppose, like many others on here, it cost me nothing..........in the Paddock for the Man City Cup game, late fifties.......either my father or brother-in-law(still a passionate gooner), paid. Seem to remember that junior entry to the Paddock was 1/6d and to the North Stand or South Bank 1 shilling.
There was a post on here recently concerning the argument for buying a match programme. On the day, they tend to be a bit of a nuisance......
I never know where to put it......but if you're a hoarder, like me, it's in the fullness of time that they show their real value. I didn't buy them regularly
but the one I have in front of me is against Hull City 4th April 1959 and cost 3d.
One of the most amazing ones is a Testimonial Match for Sam mcCrory,
Arthur Williamson and "Sandy" Anderson, May 2nd 1960, against spammers.
The page presenting the pen pictures of spammers really blows your mind...
.....if I can manage it, one day, (with my daughters help).....I'll get it put up on here.

I think it was a £1 in the late seventies to get in the east stand paddock and then 50p to transfer to the benches (Now East black seats I think) and 25p for a cushion, programme was 15p

my first game didnt cost anything, we would wait outside the North Bank looking through the gap in the gates,Then at half time they would open the big blue gates and we would all get in for the second half free, if we were kicking towards the South we would just walk behind the West to the south Bank, That was back in 60s, how things have changed

Mine was about £4.50 (child) in 92-93 for the north bank and i remember the shock to the system when my junior blues membership ran out and i was finally charged adult price in about 95-96 of around £11 or £12
And to think i actually thought that was scandelous to have to pay £11 or £12 to watch first division football.

Would be good if some statto could do a chart from say

through to

2008 of admission prices to see how much they have risen and how this compares with inflation as football must be one of the most inflated costs along with petrol in the country.

I was also a 1991 joiner, I think I paid a "student" price to stand on the North Bank as I was 17 yrs old, which I seem to recall was about £7 (well £5.50, which others have quoted above, isn't ringing any bells with me).

Happy days!

:clap:

Back