• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Just an interesting thought as I sit here bored at work.

I have supported Southend since the early eighties going regulary since then. I have only had tears of joy well up in my eyes twice in over twenty years. Both this season.
Easy to guess I suppose.

First time against Col Ewe at Roots Hall. I have never experianced emotion like this at any football game before. That includes the England Spain game during Euro 96 I was lucky to have tickets for.
The second time was of course at the Millenium Stadium. It was at the end when the players were doing their lap of honour. I have never ever been so proud to support Southend Utd. They were tears of Joy rather than saddness/ disapointment.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Guest @ May 20 2004,13:28)]Just an interesting thought as I sit here bored at work.

I have supported Southend since the early eighties going regulary since then. I have only had tears of joy well up in my eyes twice in over twenty years. Both this season.
Easy to guess I suppose.

First time against Col Ewe at Roots Hall. I have never experianced emotion like this at any football game before. That includes the England Spain game during Euro 96 I was lucky to have tickets for.
The second time was of course at the Millenium Stadium. It was at the end when the players were doing their lap of honour. I have never ever been so proud to support Southend Utd. They were tears of Joy rather than saddness/ disapointment.
The only two things that have made me cry at Roots hall was the sight of Stuart Robsons cowboy boots and some particularly strong poppers.

I almost fainted at a game... Jonny Hunt's equaliser when we played Palace at Roots Hall. I was roaring so much with the North Bank, so utterly ecstatic about the goal, I actually forgot to breathe.

That's the power of Southend, folks. Definitely the biggest rush of emotion I've ever felt at a game; the most, by miles, that I've celebrated a goal.

It's remembering moments like that which brings back the full glory, passion and romance of the North Bank. I've not celebrated a goal in recent years with quite the same ferocity as I used to on the North Bank... except Tes's winner in our 3-2 cup win over Luton. And perhaps Jay Smith's winner in our 3-2 cup win over Canvey.

3-2 Cup wins, you have just got to love them!

laugh.gif

I've yet to blub tears of joy for SUFC, but then it's a good 10 years since I last cried. Besides, another member of SZ & the South Upper (whose blushes I shall spare) cried on my behalf after the second leg at Roots Hall - and I'm grateful to him, since a tearful & snotty MtS is not a pretty sight (as indeed, is a non-tearful, non-snotty MtS...)

wow.gif

Matt

<span style='font-family:comic sans ms'>One of the last home games, I think it was Darlo.

My little &#39;un stuck his finger right up my nose and therefore also made it the first game where I drew blood.</span>

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Durera @ May 20 2004,14:09)]<span style='font-family:comic sans ms'>One of the last home games, I think it was Darlo.

My little &#39;un stuck his finger right up my nose and therefore also made it the first game where I drew blood.</span>
He must have a very big finger.

When Damon Searle scored in a meaningless end of season game against Mansfield in 2001.  I missed the goal as I'd just shot my load in Kylie's mouth and the tears of joy welled up when I saw how much she loved it the dirty little minx.

Bramble equalising at Hartlepool away in the FA cup replay and then Cort getting the winner all in the last minute.

Had a little tear in my eye but i think that may have been the magic mushrooms.
biggrin.gif
laugh.gif

Mr. B, you are a very, very strange boy indeed. Please keep your twisted and frankly presposterous fantasies off this board, there&#39;s a good chap.

ghostface.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ May 20 2004,14:51)]Seeing SZFC win at Roots Hall was fantastic.
Being part of the strong defensive line-up whilst keeping a clean sheet, and setting up the goal, was even better ...

Kev

tounge.gif

P.s Never cried. I dont think. Hmmm. Im always happy when we score but the Col Ewe and Canvey game&#39;s this year were great. As Matt says, you&#39;ve gotta love 3-2&#39;s ...

cool.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ May 20 2004,14:41)]presposterous fantasies
MtS in spelling mistake shocker&#33; Or are they the kind of fantasies that actually happen?

Back