• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Your help required - which retro shirt(s) to make available next?

We are looking to add couple more shirts to the Shrimpers Trust Retro Shirts Range - we already have 11 great choices available but here are a few ideas for what we could add next.
The white top from 59/60 perhaps, that 'Chelsea' kit from 70/71, maybe something more recent, or possibly something not shown here (eg. that red third top from the mid 90's)?
Views please!
If you want to view the current range you will find it at https://world-retro.com/?s=Southend+United&post_type=product
For every shirt sold the Trust makes a donation of £1 to The Jeff Astle Foundation.
We will announce the final decision in a week or so.
Next Shirt Jan 22.jpg

We are looking to add couple more shirts to the Shrimpers Trust Retro Shirts Range - we already have 11 great choices available but here are a few ideas for what we could add next.
The white top from 59/60 perhaps, that 'Chelsea' kit from 70/71, maybe something more recent, or possibly something not shown here (eg. that red third top from the mid 90's)?
Views please!
If you want to view the current range you will find it at https://world-retro.com/?s=Southend+United&post_type=product
For every shirt sold the Trust makes a donation of £1 to The Jeff Astle Foundation.
We will announce the final decision in a week or so.
View attachment 18399
The WBA one from 1969 - also appropriate as the Jeff Astle Foundation gets a donation

I must have made a mistake and missed something as i thought the classic very dark blue, long sleeved one was close to being the next one, which a number of us were keen on?

Wasn’t the old Access kit back in about 1982 a bit tasty? This is the first kit I remember us playing in!

For some reason, I liked the silver shirt. I use to have one but christ knows where that went.

It was our first ever final of any cup comp in our history.

Thanks all for input so far.

Taking in to account views on other social media sites it seems that the early 70's Chelsea top, the Hi Tec shirt, the 69/70 WBA top and the Progressive one are front-runners for our next retro shirts, with maybe a surprise interest in that (I think) lurid red & yellow 1910 number. Might struggle to find someone ancient enough to be a1910 SUEPA model but suggestions welcome

Whatever we do next there will then probably be another batch towards the end of the season so if your one doesn't come out now I will try and get done what everyone wants in the end

Will let you all know when decisions are made (note: at some point the MODS will hive this thread off in to the Retro Shirts section under the Shrimpers Trust page so keep a look out there or SUEPA social media).

Any more input in the meantime always welcome.

Back