• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Your "I wonder where I would be now" Moment.

DTS

The Business
You know the feeling. Sometimes you sit there and think I wonder what if that moment or decision you made had not been made.

Mine has got to be the day I got my first job in Mortgages. I had been for loads of random interviews and had no idea what I really wanted to do. had loads of knock backs as was going for jobs well abov my level. Then out the blue Yorkshire Building Society called me and offered me a chance.

I was on the train today and I drifted off wondering how my life might be different had I not got that job.

What is your "Where would I be moment" in life?

DtS:thump:

Mainly when I got onto this course... I got an email saying that LSE had made a decision and I would get another email within the next 24hrs. On that day I had a uni away Hockey match down in oxford so I couldn't get onto the net to check. We won and got absolutely ****faced on the coach journey back to leicester... when it dropped us off at uni i ran to the comp room and checked my email with all my hockey team around me (they all knew i was really nervous)... the email was there and i had GOT IT!!! obviously i was really really happy and that night went out with the hockey boys and got absolutely ruined... however like DtS i often think back to that day and what i would be doing now if i hadn't got it. My plan B was limited but i would probably be in a graduate job earning little over 20k.... although my masters is a rediculous amount of money the jobs im getting offered now as a post-grad are c.30K... which is a much better amount of money for someone who wants to move out and get set up...

It's amazing how things work out whether good or bad, but it does scare me to think that a lot of the dreams and career aspirations i have now may never have been an option if it wasn't for that email (and my mum and dad encouraging me to do the course even though the tution fees are horrendous)

This morning... Weetabix or Cornflakes for Breakfast? I chose Weetabix, but if i had chosen Cornflakes i could have choked and possibly died.

My life would probably be quite different if I had never started supporting Southend. I would never have lived in England for that all too brief period a couple years ago, and I probably wouldn't have as strong a desire to live there again.

My graduation day - I was offered the chance to do a PhD, but turned it down flat, saying I wanted to just get a job and earn some money

:(

Should I, should I not apply/go to Uni?

Had I have decided not to, I would not have met Mrs Shrimper2thecore, and would have made a terrible decision!!

years ago the band I was in were offered a recording contract. We took an instant dislike to the agent because he was smarmy. We didn't like the clauses about where we could play and who we could play with etc, we told him where to go.
In principle I still believe we did the right thing because we were never in it for a living but because it was our way of life etc...........
..... but.... you know............if... maybe..... perhaps.....

.... ahhh feck 'em.....

7 years ago, made redundant from Heaths and had two job offers on the table, one with more money the other with better prospects. Plumped for the latter despite my total lack of ambition. Let's just say had I gone for the former I'd be driving something slightly different now!

Oh, two more. Once offered a roadie's job with Wreckless Eric and also given the opportunity to distribute records in the UK for Stones Throw record label.

Damn my laziness!

aged 14 I chose my options only to be refused 3 sciences so i ended up at uni at a major disadvantage, failed the first year, came home and started work in the city, bumped into a mate I hadn't seen for a few years on the train, ended up marrying his sister and had two kids.........
If they had let me do Biology O level at school, I would not be in this ****ty office job, but i would not have my kids...so no contest really !

Back