• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Options

• Total voters

DTS

The Business
I have left Moshni out of the selection as it seems apparant he is unlikely to be here next season. That said if we kept him my ideal front two would be Mosh and Freddy.

In light of that I am going Benyon and Freddy. Benyon has to have more about him to score the goals he has and I am keen to see more. I really feel he and Freddy could be perfect together as both seem quite intelligent.

Who is your favourite frontman combo?

Harris and Eastwood, with someone with some height just behind them. Think the two most experienced players could be a pretty lethal combination.

At the mo would carry on from our excellent form at the end of last season and go with Harris and Freddy with Tomlin as an option off the bench (and hopefully Corr).

Cant really say either.

Eastwood/Harris looked good last season, but if Corr is fit cant see how he cant fit in.

I would have 3 strikers on the pitch as all of those strikers are decent - probably Eastwood, Harris and corr but if it was 2 strikers probably Harris and Eastwood

:Worthy: Freddy & Corr.

Seems to be alot of Corr doubters. If there is anything SZ should have learnt it's never doubt BBBC. Just ask Barna.

I would say Fred and Harris but we havent seen bbbc for a year and also tomlin was deemed a good player at gills so it's hard to rule ten out. Benyon when played to his feet may also be a useful player. It's a good scenario for ps to be in

I would really prefer to see Freddy and Bomber together with Corr behind them.

If you mean Corr behind them as in 'on the bench' then fine.
If you mean as in 3 strikers on the pitch at the start.....................It ain't gonna happen my friend

Marco van Basten circa 1992 vintage, partnered by a rampaging Stanley Victor Collymore of a year or so later.

Freddy and Harris to start the season, Tomlin and Benyon on the bench to start with and the BBBC when he's ready for some first team action. I would also have them three on the bench at the same time as they all offer something different. Tomlin has pace, BBBC has the height and Benyon is a chaser. All could be used in different situations as well, and that's without Mohsni "if" he stays or not. One of if not the best strikeforce in this league allbeit Fleetwood

I'm torn between voting for Freddy and Harris or Freddy and Corr. I think we started to see the beginnings of a decent partnership between Harris and Freddy at the back end of last season and that would only get better with more time on the pitch/training pitch together.

But Barry Corr is such a threat in the air that its hard to leave him out either. Even if we do play more football this season it's still league 2 and there will still be occasions when direct football will be called upon and Corr would be great for winning those long balls and bringing Freddy, Hurst and Hall into play.

Freddy and Bazza without a doubt. Assuming we can keep them both fit i'm sure this is the best combo. Harris is a great sub to have when we are pushing for something out of a game. Benyon, i dont see a lot of use for him unless there are injuries and then he is bench at best. Judging by our record that may be quite often though. Ive not seen much of Benyon to think he's any better than that tbh.

Freddy and Bazza without a doubt. Assuming we can keep them both fit i'm sure this is the best combo. Harris is a great sub to have when we are pushing for something out of a game. Benyon, i dont see a lot of use for him unless there are injuries and then he is bench at best. Judging by our record that may be quite often though. Ive not seen much of Benyon to think he's any better than that tbh.

I get your point about Benyon , but just get the impression that with good service and a decent run in the side , he has the ability to get a decent amount of goals.
Not sure he will get the chance to prove it though.
If the team start well with say Harris and Eastwood , it wont be changed easily apart from injuries.
Anyway , time will tell , but think he's better than he has shown so far.

Back