• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

MotM v Gillingham?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

southchurch

Manager⭐
Dickinson

Never stopped running till taken off and held up the ball well when left isolated in second half.
And scored a very well taken goal. Could not have done more.

Peters

Passion right from the start and was not afraid to bare all for the team for 90 mins and always got stuck in - this lad is one to watch for the future

Dicko, Ferdinand and Mohsni played well. Martin gave us that much needed attacking threat and Phillips back in the side helps Barker's performance as a solid duo - but....

Prosser is my MOM, came in from the cold (Hasn't) even been making the bench. He was solid, won everything in the air and communicates to those around him. He is never gonna be a world beater, but all circumstances considered, he is my MOM

As I said elsewhere, I had no problem with Kane being selected as I thought he had his best game in ages. That was to do with the set up which allowed him the space to roam forward in support. Phillips, Prosser, Mohsni and Dickinson all had very good games. On balance, I think I'd probably opt for Prosser. The guy came back into a team that the boss couldn't find him a place in for weeks and made it look effortlessly easy. He was assured alongside a skipper who has been pretty poo in recent weeks, and I think Barker felt a lot better sandwiched between two players playing confidently in Phillips and Prosser. Luke didn't put a foot wrong as far as I could see, apart from being turned by Tomlin for the solitary goal.
Prosser is my MOM, came in from the cold (Hasn't) even been making the bench. He was solid, won everything in the air and communicates to those around him. He is never gonna be a world beater, but all circumstances considered, he is my MOM
You need to vote!!!

Kane looked much better in his new role last night. Just watched the game again and Dicko looked so much better on TV and probably MOTM. Mohsni won everything as usual and Prosser was excellent I thought.

Mohsni for me. He did brilliantly for the second goal, was a constant problem for them in attack and got back well in the second half to nullify their threat late on.

Honourable mentions to Prosser, who would have been my choice were he not bamboozled for Tomlin's goal, Ferdinand who got into some fantastic positions in the first half and had a hand in both goals, and Dickinson whose work rate was excellent.

The 4 lads who came in were our 4 best player I thought so perhaps MOM should go to Luggy for making the changes.

I voted Dickinson but felt it really was a "team" MOTM .. they all worked so hard for each other which was great to see after recent games

I voted Dickinson but felt it really was a "team" MOTM .. they all worked so hard for each other which was great to see after recent games

Agree it was a real team performance & as he was involved in so much I voted Mohsni, but I think JPK deserves a mention, did the job asked of him very well.

Prosser for me. OK he got mugged for the Gills wonder goal, but there were a couple of others who also didn't get their foot in on Tomlin, before he unleashed a cracker.

He kept arguably their main danger man (Kuffour) quiet all night. I don't think the lad even managed to get a shot off. He also won pretty much everything in the air and kept it simple.

For someone who has had very little game time, he slotted in extremely well. For me he deserves to keep his place and Gilbert deserves his spell on the bench.

Well done Luke! :clap:

Bilel. Immense.

Luke Prosser a very, very close second. It will be criminal if he loses his place to Gilbert any time soon!

Plenty of candidates for MotM. Dickinson for putting in immense effort to good effect and of course scoring. Luke Prosser for keeping Kuffour quiet, especially since it was his first game for a long time. But my vote goes to Kane Ferdinand for putting in such a fantastic shift in his dual role of midfield/striker and having a crucial hand in both goals.

Phillips. Not necessarily because he had an outstanding game, but when he's there the back 4 functions better as a unit and with more confidence. So, more for his prexsense and how it bsettled the rest of the team i go for him.
However if it was on workrate I would of gone for Dicko. Can't believe that was the same Dicko as the lazy, couldn't be a**ed version we saw on friday night. Hope that wasn't a case of upping your game for the cameras.

Moshni for me, although I thought it was a good all round team effort. Winning away against one of our promotion rivals should, in my opinion, not be underrated.

Dickinson worked his socks off all night, scored a class goal and picked up a head injury.
His wrist bands are a bit girly and he appears flat footed but without him, we would have lost.
Immense performance, just hope he can stay fit.:smile:

Oh dear this is a hard one for me.

I thought Prosser had an excepetional game last night,
Kane never stopped running and done himself a few favours in the shop window.
Dickenson worked hard but fizzled towards the end.
Moshni gave everything as per usual and seemed to pop up in every position on the pitch but..............for me it has to be Phillips - oh how he has been missed and defensively we looked so much more solid and organised

Mohsni, Prosser, Dickinson, Kane and Phillips all played exceptionally well
but in my opinion, KALALA stopped everything last night, puts his body on the line for the team! Something you supporters don't really appreciate!
KALALA = MOM

Moshni - his footballing brain is light years ahead of this league. See his role in the build up to both goals. He won the vast majority of headers he went for and you simply cannot fault his passion and enthusiasm

Back