• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Your Mission, should you choose to accept it????

Aberdeen Shrimper

Reading the Movie thread this morning got me thinking again about a Pirate movie i watched about 20 odd years ago.

I have been trying to track it down ever since; the only snag is i have very little information about it other than my memories of it.....would rally appreciate some help trying to locate it.

I remember very little about the film other than it was about a Pirate who took some children hostage on his ship and was hung at the end of the movie. The ending scene was a young girl pushing a little toy pirate ship across what i think was a London park lake and the closing song was "last farewell" by Roger Whittaker.

The young girl had built up a kind of relationship with the pirate and I remember a scene where the children were watching the pirate eat his dinner and were amazed with the amount of pepper that he put on his dinner. I thought the young girl was child actor Susan George but i have found no reference in her Biog

I doubt anyone will have a clue, but this has become some what of a mission for me over the years

Reading the Movie thread this morning got me thinking again about a Pirate movie i watched about 20 odd years ago.

I have been trying to track it down ever since; the only snag is i have very little information about it other than my memories of it.....would rally appreciate some help trying to locate it.

I remember very little about the film other than it was about a Pirate who took some children hostage on his ship and was hung at the end of the movie. The ending scene was a young girl pushing a little toy pirate ship across what i think was a London park lake and the closing song was "last farewell" by Roger Whittaker.

The young girl had built up a kind of relationship with the pirate and I remember a scene where the children were watching the pirate eat his dinner and were amazed with the amount of pepper that he put on his dinner. I thought the young girl was child actor Susan George but i have found no reference in her Biog

I doubt anyone will have a clue, but this has become some what of a mission for me over the years

Thanks! Now have Roger Whittaker spinning around in my head. "For you are beautiful, and I will love you dearly, more dearly than the spoken word can say........"

Thanks! Now have Roger Whittaker spinning around in my head. "For you are beautiful, and I will love you dearly, more dearly than the spoken word can say........"

Good job you put in the exclamation marks......other wise i might have thought you would have wanted to come horse riding with me and MK!!!

Dave, I looked on IMDB and there's nowt. I suggest it was a TV show rather than a movie?

I dont think i will ever get to know what this film was.....

Looks like your question was ansered on Answers.com

"It's called "High Wind in Jamaica" and starred Anthony Quinn as the Pirate. I haven't seen that film in years! i think TCM-TV shows it."

Not my reply - I'm merely copying it over...

"It's called "High Wind in Jamaica" and starred Anthony Quinn as the Pirate. I haven't seen that film in years! i think TCM-TV shows it."

you got the link mate???

You are a legend mate.....that is it...........

Greens coming your way

Dunno, but it ain't me!

I assumed it was you.

Actually, isn't there someone on here with that user name?

Dunno, but it ain't me!

I assumed it was you.

Actually, isn't there someone on here with that user name?

No mate it was not me......well who ever it was....thank you, and let yourself be known so you can collect some greens

hiya yeah it was me... i plugged it in to see what came up. yeahoo answers is pretty good for this kind of thing

Back