• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Bluepen

My own honest opinion
Given the chance to pick the team i would start in the next game with players that can be picked ;
Right now i think give Morris a start so we can prepare now for when Daniels loan finishes
i would play Clohessy,Barker,Phillips,Prosser at back 4 Bringing in Prosser for Gilbert purely
because of Gilberts woefull perfomance on Friday night.
Midfield i would have Timlin ,Ferdinand,Grant in the middle ONE of them to hold which would allow the other
two to break and join the attack there first duty would be to track and close down but i would let the players interchange as long as ONE HELD BACK....freeing up Sawyer and Hall which i would use as the attacking two playing wide and interchanging with each other
allowing Hall or Sawyer but not both to go forward central or just behind Dickinson according how we are forcing the play.
I say forcing the play because that is what i believe we should be doing and not worrying about who we play against
let THEM worry about us.
On the bench of 5, I would have Daniels, Leonard, Harris ,Sturrock Coughlan.
Leonard i would bring on for any midfielder/fullback fading or not playing well and as early as 60th minute.
Harris for Dickinson should he be having quiet game or changing formation Harris for any of midfieders not performing
and change tactics, of course Sturrock can be used in exactly the same way
Daniels and Coughlan on for forced injury or unless Morris having a shocker .
Do not know if i made any sense but tried my best to explain what i meant
I am not suggesting PS has done a bad job we are second in the league FFS I am just saying how I would like the team
to line up in the next game and would like to know how others see on this forum.
And would like to wish you all a very Merry Christmas :xmas2:

Morris
Clohessy Phillips Barker Gilbert
Kalala
Grant Timlin
Sawyer
Hall Dickinson

Would love to see this! I think Hall can score 15 - 20 this season if we play him upfront. He will drop deep, get balls in aswell as get in behind the back line, he is the most clinical finisher we have in my eyes and is so much more effective going through the middle!!!!!

Morris Clohessy Phillips Barker Gilbert Kalala Grant Timlin Sawyer Hall Dickinson Would love to see this! I think Hall can score 15 - 20 this season if we play him upfront. He will drop deep, get balls in aswell as get in behind the back line, he is the most clinical finisher we have in my eyes and is so much more effective going through the middle!!!!!
The problem with this is the lack of width, both attacking wise and defensively. Gilbert would be left exposed. For me you can't beat 4-4-2.

The problem with this is the lack of width, both attacking wise and defensively. Gilbert would be left exposed. For me you can't beat 4-4-2.
Okay but who would you play and why in your 4-4-2 formation out of interest ?

..............Morris
Clohessy Phillips Barker Prosser
Hall Sawyer...Timlin Leonard
.......Sturrock Dickinson

I say forcing the play because that is what i believe we should be doing and not worrying about who we play against
let THEM worry about us.

This is exactly how Brian Clough used to approach games (or at least what he said in his press conferences). The players said that when they were facing the best in Europe and were doubting themselves it gave them a massive confidence boost to hear the manager say that they were better than the opposition and if that if anyone was going to worry about changing tacticsit would be the other team.

I fear that I am not as qualified as the Manager to answer your question, though there seems to be plenty on this board who seem to think they are.

Morris

Clohessy Barker Phillips Prosser

Timlin Grant Sawyer

Hall Sturrock Dickinson​

Morris
Clohessy - Phillips - Barker(if fit)/Coughlan - Prosser
Grant - Kalala - Timlin
Harris - Dickinson - Hall

Subs: Daniels - Coughlan/Leonard - Ferdinand - Sawyer - Sturrock

Would like to see Sawyer as I also think he deserves his chance but would also like to have a bit of defensive cover in the middle which Kalala would provide. Switch it around with Sawyer coming on at half time if it's not working. Also think its time for Grant to come back and Ferdinand to drop to the bench as he has been anonymous in recent weeks.

Morris (prepare for when daniels goes)
Clohessy
Phillips
Coughlan (would prefer to prosser as he was poor on friday)
Barker
Sawyer
Timlin
Grant
Hall
Harris
Sturrock

Subs - Daniels, Prosser, Kalala, Ferdinand, Leonard, Harris

Or put ferdinand in place of timlin as I can only imagine he will be off come january so we need to put him in the shop window

Morris
Clohessy Phillips Barker Gilbert
Kalala
Grant Timlin
Sawyer
Hall Dickinson

Would love to see this! I think Hall can score 15 - 20 this season if we play him upfront. He will drop deep, get balls in aswell as get in behind the back line, he is the most clinical finisher we have in my eyes and is so much more effective going through the middle!!!!!

Spot on, except Prosser for Gilbert

Morris (prepare for when daniels goes)
Clohessy
Phillips
Coughlan (would prefer to prosser as he was poor on friday)
Barker
Sawyer
Timlin
Grant
Hall
Harris
Sturrock

Subs - Daniels, Prosser, Kalala, Ferdinand, Leonard, Harris

Or put ferdinand in place of timlin as I can only imagine he will be off come january so we need to put him in the shop window

Blimey didn't know that we had two players named Harris! :winking:

Morris

Clohessy Phillips Barker Prosser

Timlin Ferdinand

Hall Dickinson Sawyer

Sturrock

Subs - Daniels, Mohsni, Kalala, Grant, Leonard, Harris

Morris​

Leonard ---------Barker---------------Phillips-----------------Prosser​

Timlin-----------------Grant--------------Ferdinand​

Clohessy------------------Dickinson----------------------Hall​

Subs: Daniels, Kalala, Harris, Sturrock, Coughlan

Would like to see Clohessy in a more attacking role and use Leonard at the back.

Back