• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Your "other sides" abroad.

DTS

The Business
If you had to pick a favourite side from the following countries who would you have and why.

SPAIN
ITALY
FRANCE
GERMANY
SCOTLAND
HOLLAND

For me it

SPAIN - Malaga I love as one of my best mates supportd them. Seen them 10 tor so times. Have a secret love for Valencia too.
ITALY - Fiorentina - SUFC love affair since Anglo Italian cup.
FRANCE - Marseillie - The Mrs Mum comes from there and we got there on hols.
GERMANY - Bayern Munich - Had great hol there with the lads watching the world cup.
SCOTLAND - Berwick Rangers - English side in Scotland
HOLLAND - NAC Breda - Saw them turn over Ajax in Ajax - total football.

Last edited:
Spain - Malaga. Saw them play Real Madrid when I was 14, I think Malaga beat them, to many years of drink and fags have put paid to my memory

Italy - Chievo, In 2001/2002 Serie A, to everyone's great surprise the small and unconsidered Chievo, most critics' choice for an instant return to Serie B, quickly became the most astonishing team in the league, playing spectacular and entertaining football and even leading the top division for six consecutive weeks, finally ending the season with a highly respectable fifth place, qualifying the team to play in the

France - Lille, dunno why just have followed their results for a while

Scotland - Inverness Caledonian Thistle, always had a hatred for Celtic, so when Callie beat them, I started looking out for their results

Not overly fussed on most of the countries you listed.

The teams I follow are:

Greece - Olympiakos. I have had a love affair with them since 1st visiting Corfu many years ago

Denmark - Brondy. I have some Danish friends and got into Brondby through them.

Holland - Feyenoord - When Sky 1st came out in the mid 80's, we had in chanelled in through piped TV. They showed the Dutch football league every week and Feyenoord were the team that caught my eye.

Italy - Fiorentina. For the very same reason as Dave, that day in Italy for the Anglo Italian Cup is one I will never forget. Batistuta, what a player.

Englnd--southend utd
Spain huelva--my bro played for them
France--the mighty berrichonne 4th in the 2nd dive and i watch every home game
Italy---lazio
holland heerveen,saw west han play them and walked out after 15 mins,poxy hamsters
germany---dont do krauts.
scotland--motherwell,once kopped off with a top heavy girl in motherwell.

SPAIN - Barcelona - always liked them since I was a kid and was given a Barca shirt.
ITALY - Palermo - A team who can wear a pink shirt and hail from the land of the Godfathers deserves my respect; again another team from my youth. I used to wear my Palermo shirt alot to Roots Hall in the early 90's so I could locate myself on the TV highlights
FRANCE - Paris Saint-Germain - The first French team i saw live, as I my French exchange pal was a big fan.
GERMANY - Borussia Mönchengladbach just for the name and the fact I remember them winning the Euro Cup when I started to take an interest in footbal
SCOTLAND - Glasgow Rangers - They were the first team I followed as a kid, as I liked the name Rangers and they wore Blue, did not occur to me there were not an English team, and maybe I should support English team.
HOLLAND - PSV Eindhoven - Strange one but my Parents used to only buy Philips electronic goods, and when I found out Philips created PSV, i started to watch out for their scores, this interest increased once Bobby Robson became their manager.

Last edited:
None .. 'Abroad' monkeys. except Rangers solely to **** off all the token Celtic fans in my office..

France- Montpellier
Italy- Triestina
Portugal- Belenenses

If anyone can give me a lift to Belenenses away games I'm happy to go halves on petrol.

SPAIN - Valencia. Good side, and they have who I consider to be the World's best Forward at the moment.
ITALY - Fiorentina, had a cracking holiday there.
FRANCE - PSG. Great history.
GERMANY - Stuttgart... On Football Manager once I won the Champions League with them because I'm good.
SCOTLAND - Clyde. Mate plays for them.
HOLLAND - Ajax, When I was growing up my Old man used to make me watch them as every player had the right versatility to make it as a player.

Not many other favourites, but these are them:

Scotland: Queen Of The South. Picked them to be different at school where everybody had to choose a sweatie team. Have a soft spot for Kilmarnock, where I friends of mine live & who took me to Ibrox to see Killie win. They also do the best football pies!

Spain: CF Extremadura. Followed their results ten or so years ago when they were in La Liga, but then rapidly became a non-league team. Like Barca too, from when my Dad took me to see them beat Ipswich in the 70's. Johan Cruyff!

Germany: Anybody playing Bayern Munich. Cheating & bribing refs!

SPAIN - Gimnàstic de Tarragona
ITALY - Fiorentina
FRANCE - Lens
GERMANY - Eintracht Frankfurt
SCOTLAND - QoS
HOLLAND - AZ Alkmaar
BELGIUM - Club Brugge

Only really Barcelona for me. Firstly Thierry Henry has pretty much always been an idol for me so when he moved to Barca I looked out for their results. Secondly I went to the Barcelona v Atletico Madrid game earlier this season at the Nou Camp and loved the atmosphere and everything about the game. The way they play is awesome and the players out of this world.

My 'other team' is Ayr United, my dad took me to a few games when I was younger and it's the side he supported as a child.

My uncle is a big Rangers fan and my mums side of the family are all Motherwell supporters. So I have a soft spot for both of them.

Not many other favourites, but these are them:

Scotland: Queen Of The South. Picked them to be different at school where everybody had to choose a sweatie team. Have a soft spot for Kilmarnock, where I friends of mine live & who took me to Ibrox to see Killie win. They also do the best football pies!

Did at one point look for Queen of the South results as it's where Andy Thomson came from and ended back up at.

SPAIN - Barcelona, just think they stand for everything that big club sides should be but often aren't
ITALY - Fiorentina, the Southend United connection
FRANCE - Monaco, as a founding member of the SUFC/Monaco supporters club (after doing the tour there on GNH's birthday trip)
GERMANY - St Pauli, anarchist football...gotta love it!
SCOTLAND - Don't have one really
HOLLAND - Same, don't have one

Spain - Real Betis. Definitely my second team after SUFC and saw them as recently as Sunday, when they drew 2-2 at Rayo Vallecano. Lived in southern Spain as a kid, wanted to pick a Primera Liga team local(ish) to me so it was Sevilla or Betis. Plumped for Betis as they have the better colours. Musho Beti Musho Beti eh eh eh!

Italy - not too bothered but used to like Sampdoria back in the day when they had the likes of Lombardo, Mancini and Vialli

Scotland - Celtic. Have had some great away trips with the Hoops, some of which I can remember.

Germany - have always looked out for Hertha Berlin since seeing them on a stag trip back in 2005

No others really, although also in the UK, I like to keep an eye on Uxbridge FC. They're dog **** mind.

Spain - Real Betis. Definitely my second team after SUFC and saw them as recently as Sunday, when they drew 2-2 at Rayo Vallecano. Lived in southern Spain as a kid, wanted to pick a Primera Liga team local(ish) to me so it was Sevilla or Betis. Plumped for Betis as they have the better colours. Musho Beti Musho Beti eh eh eh!

Italy - not too bothered but used to like Smapdoria back in the day when they had the likes of Lombardo, Mancini and Vialli

Scotland - Celtic. Have had some great away trips with the Hoops, some of which I can remember.

Germany - have always looked out for Hertha Berlin since seeing them on a stag trip back in 2005

No others really, although also in the UK, I like to keep an eye on Uxbridge FC. They're dog**** mind.

Enjoy Sunday then? ;)

Hello! Hello! We are the Billy Boys.

Back