• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Your own rhyming slang

RobM

55 years as a supporter!⭐
Many years ago at work, when someone was moaning, they'd be told "You have to look on the Norman!"
(Norman Whiteside, bright side).n talking about a Southend game.

Another lad came in talking about the next Southend game, he'd bought his Wilson....

Many years ago at work, when someone was moaning, they'd be told "You have to look on the Norman!"
(Norman Whiteside, bright side).n talking about a Southend game.

Another lad came in talking about the next Southend game, he'd bought his Wilson....

Ricky? :dim:

Not so much rhyming but my group of friends refer to a BJ as a Boris (BJ Boris Johnson) "did she give you a Boris?" for example.
Another is Barrack "he's got a bit of Barrack" would be BO, Barrack Obama.
The last is from my time living in Australia where you don't sleep with a woman, you root her. So we ask "did you Joe her?" as in Joe Root.

The last is from my time living in Australia where you don't sleep with a woman, you root her. So we ask "did you Joe her?" as in Joe Root.

Delightful country. I wonder if they'll ever make an appearance in the 21st century?

Delightful country. I wonder if they'll ever make an appearance in the 21st century?

It does actually have its charm, I loved living in Perth. Just because every UKIPer says we should be more like Australia doesn't make it some right wing utopia

It does actually have its charm, I loved living in Perth. Just because every UKIPer says we should be more like Australia doesn't make it some right wing utopia

I spent 3 months or so there back in 2000 - it is a lovely country without a doubt, but some of the inhabitants seem to be stuck in the 70s.

But I digress....

I spent 3 months or so there back in 2000 - it is a lovely country without a doubt, but some of the inhabitants seem to be stuck in the 70s.

But I digress....

Same could be said for a lot of countries. But hey you are gonna take a country as you find it

Back