• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Your scariest tv programme ever!

The Armchair Thrillers.

I had nightmares about the nun with no face for years.

I think this says it all:-

Television Heaven

The next serial was Quiet As a Nun by Julia Jones from the novel by Antonia Fraser. This started out as though it were a fairly run-of-the-mill murder mystery albeit it the unusal setting of a convent as tv investigator Jemima Shore (Maria Aitken) looks into the events surrounding the death of a nun who was her childhood friend. Its use of a ghost in the form of a faceless nun terrified the living daylights out of a whole generation of children and is widely-remembered a quarter of a century later despite never having been repeated.

Last edited:
When I was a kid my parents would never let me watch Doctor Who!!

":hilarious::hilarious:", thought I...

Until I managed to catch this one episode where the Doctor was pursued by some monster or other. After outrunning him, the Doctor stepped through some sort of hatch and was seemingly safe from harm. But then, to dramatic effect and with accompanying terror-music, this evil monster suddenly climbed through the hatch after him...

:eek:

Gave me nightmares for years!!!

:mad: :mad: :guns:

I've tried googling him since then to come face to face with my childhood nemesis, but to no avail. If anyone out there knows who he is, he walks on two legs like a human, and has a big, bulbous black head with pointy horns.

When I was a very young lad, the talking TV from Will-o the wisp used to scare the beejesus out of me. Although I was only four...

Knightmare was indeed a truly great show, I was watching a repeat on some satellite channel the other day. Compared to some of the stuff we got to watch when I was younger, modern kids TV is sh!te!

I can remember being scared by the tall knight in dark towers when I was at primary school.

This was back in the day when school programs were on TV in the morning.

One minute before kick off a clock appeared and the seconds used to vanish one by one. All the cool kids used to pretend they were shooting them.....

I used to pretend I was shooting the cool kids....

Last edited:
Back