• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Your sufc 5 a side team?

in the know

Newbie⭐⭐
Just thought would be interesting who to put in our 5 a side team of one existed. I'm assuming all are available.
Here's mine ....
Seaden - can't see ox's best attributes being of use!. No long kicks or height needed, tho he is a good blocker and you don't need bravery in 5 a side, but see seaden as more mobile and quicker
K Taylor - good control and sees passes, can imagine his fluid style on a small pitch, with quick zippy passing
Jd - comfortable close control and quite quick feet and loves a one two. Good engine for getting around and can do free kicks as well getting stuck in
Oly - good trickery and makes shooting chances. Feel would score lots in 5 a side. Bit worried about the first touch tho
H-K - windy runs into that golden left foot. Evades a tackle and looks very balanced and mobile
Sub - Dieng. Just cos he could play some great through balls

Ox
Macca
Egbri, Taylor
Akinola

Macca at the back to just clatter/wipeout/scare the **** out of anyone who gets that close to the goal. Egbri zipping about like a little terrier, Taylor popping balls through and Akinola as the fox in the box.

Present
Oxley
Macca
Taylor
Olyinka
Akinola

Past
Paul Sansome
Paul Clarke
Peter Butler
Ricky Otto
Sir Stanley

Can't believe people wouldn't want ANG and (Massimo aside) Elvis in their 5-a-side teams.

Oxley
Bwomono - has the engine to get up and down and vastly underrated on the ball
K Taylor - links together play and pick a pass
Nathaniel-George- can glide past players like they aren't there and retains possession well
Akinola - skilful forward who can work in tight

Come on one of you clever tech persons, add a poll of selection to the thread.
My guess is Akinola and Eggers will be 90% of choice.

As brilliantly as Macca has done in the first XI , I fear in a fast paced 5 a-side , he’d be blowing pretty hard after a short time.

Come on one of you clever tech persons, add a poll of selection to the thread.
My guess is Akinola and Eggers will be 90% of choice.
My thread but no idea how to add a poll!! ?
Happy for anyone to assist
Gbj, rhb....

Last edited:
Surely Freddy gets ahead of Stan in a 5 a side.

Agreed.

Stan for 11 v11 but Freddy for 5-a-side. Stanley needed space to work in and to stretch his legs. Knocking the ball 15 yards past the defender and outsprinting him isn't going to work in 5 a side as he'd run out of pitch. So many of Stan's goals were from outside of the area. That doesn't translate well to 5-a-side whereas Freddy's quick feet shuffling the ball and shooting early does.

Agreed.

Stan for 11 v11 but Freddy for 5-a-side. Stanley needed space to work in and to stretch his legs. Knocking the ball 15 yards past the defender and outsprinting him isn't going to work in 5 a side as he'd run out of pitch. So many of Stan's goals were from outside of the area. That doesn't translate well to 5-a-side whereas Freddy's quick feet shuffling the ball and shooting early does.

One of Freddy's best attributes was his ability to shift the ball to create space for a shot....Ideal for 5 a side.

Back