• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

GregStarz

Manager
So what will everyone's Wembley plan be on the big day?

Personally, I think I will have breakfast with a beer or 2 in Rayleigh (Roebuck) and then head down to the station (Rayleigh) on route to Weatherspoons at Baker Street (enjoyed it there last time, it was rammed) then I'll probably head to the Green Man this time as I never went there on the last visit, with a stroll up Wembley Way on route :thumbsup:

With kickoff being later, I want to have a good few beers but not too many so I don't enjoy the game :hilarious:

Probably leave the house in Kingston at around 9 ish. Get straight to the Green man, get smashed (sober up a bit), gaze in wonder at how our little team is at Wembley for a second time, buy an extremely expensive hotdog, sing my heart out, get promotion, get more smashed, spend Sunday sleeping then back to work and reality on Monday!

Pubs around Baker St will surely be full of Wycombe as their entry point into London is Marylebone.

Probably leave the house in Kingston at around 9 ish. Get straight to the Green man, get smashed (sober up a bit), gaze in wonder at how our little team is at Wembley for a second time, buy an extremely expensive hotdog, sing my heart out, get promotion, get more smashed, spend Sunday sleeping then back to work and reality on Monday!

That's tough working on a bank holiday...

So what will everyone's Wembley plan be on the big day?

Personally, I think I will have breakfast with a beer or 2 in Rayleigh (Roebuck) and then head down to the station (Rayleigh) on route to Weatherspoons at Baker Street (enjoyed it there last time, it was rammed) then I'll probably head to the Green Man this time as I never went there on the last visit, with a stroll up Wembley Way on route :thumbsup:

With kickoff being later, I want to have a good few beers but not too many so I don't enjoy the game :hilarious:
I'll be there mate

My plan is mad. Drive to the tube, get on the tube. Walk to the ground. Watch the match.

All fine so far. However, I'm taking my wife and 2 boys, aged 5 and 6. Let's assume worst case scenario with the best outcome, i.e. we win on penalties. We won't get out of the ground and home until around 9.30.

We then go on holiday on the Sunday, which means getting two little boys (who had a very late night) up at 4.00am.

It was my wife the persuaded me because the boys would be tired on the Sunday anyway if we get them up at 4.00am. They may even sleep on the plane if we do this!

It's definitely the right thing to do. I couldn't allow the boys to miss out as they go to most home games.

Arrive at the lake around lunch time ready for my weeks fishig, find my spots and get some bait out then look to have the rods in place by 5pm ready to watch the game on my Ipad.

Happy days

My littl'un is on yet another football tour that weekend, so we will be driving down to deepest Sussex on the Friday, watching a few games Saturday morning, catching a train from Chichester lunch-time, and hoping to get back there some time Saturday night, hopefully with a huge grin on my face.

PLenty of kids with us so we will head up there, try to get to Wembley a little early to soak up the atmosphere, buy some over priced flags and toot.

Lets hope its warmer than the JPT final, after last night Im not sure we can count on it being so!

Hamilton Hall for breakfast by 930, then onto the Green man by 11, face down in a bush with a beer in one hand and BBQ ribs in the other by 13:45. Standard

A dozen of us heading up, well 14 actually. We'll have a late brakfast at the arches and hit the rattler before midday, a few beers around Baker street then head to Wembley for 3.30pm/4pm ish.Soak up the atmosphere with a couple of tinnies along Wembley Way and get into the ground an hour before kick off, ideally I don't want to be too fuelled and ruin the match experience as this will be special. This is more important and more business where as in reality the JPT was simply a day out.Afterwards then it's celebrations (hopefully) in and around Shoreditch, last train home then in to Southend to continue the celebrations (hopefully)

Get up, step out my room for a dip in the swim up at my 5* hotel in Kos.

Stuff myself with the all inc brekky.

Head to the white sand beach, with turquoise warm waters, palms and all inc alcohol and catch some rays.

Head back to room for a freshen up.

Stuff myself again at the all inc Beach BBQ, watching the sun set.

Take a stroll into Kefalos to a bar over looking the Aegean Sea.

Get smashed on cheap beer/cocktails and watch us win.

Would I rather be at Wembley?.

Yes. :'(

7am Aer Lingus flight from Dublin so land at Gatwick at 8.25am. Train straight into London and then I reckon head to the Spoons at Baker Street for breakfast and the morning session of the First Test. Then head to the Green Man at lunch.

Few beers after the game, maybe a curry then heading to the Travelodge at Heathrow for a few hours sleep before the 6.40am flight back. Perfect day (if we win).

7am Aer Lingus flight from Dublin so land at Gatwick at 8.25am. Train straight into London and then I reckon head to the Spoons at Baker Street for breakfast and the morning session of the First Test. Then head to the Green Man at lunch.

Few beers after the game, maybe a curry then heading to the Travelodge at Heathrow for a few hours sleep before the 6.40am flight back. Perfect day (if we win).

Day three. You're hopeful.

Train from Hockley, pint or two at Liverpool Street, tube to Wembley, beers in the Green Man, stadium, game, promotion. After that who knows....!

One thing for sure, it'll be game faces all round this time. Serious business of promotion as opposed to the JPT two years ago.

Back