• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Your Worst Song of All time

Desert Shrimper

The Oil Baron
I have a new entry in my personal chart and it's "Plain White T's - Hey there Delilah....." :fury:

I can't remember wanting to punch someone so much as the **** who sings this. I'm sure he has a valid reason for being a **** - perhaps he was spoilt as a child, being American probably doesn't help....but if you know in yourself that you sound like a whingey whiney half-man-half woman, why sing such a cheesy load of half-baked, sickly sweet ****? And why inflict it on the rest of the world? It just doesn't stack up for me and subsequently, I think a Shrimperzone "fatwa" should be issued on this man immediately.

Anyone got a particular song that drives them nuts? If so, why and what punishment would you deem suitable for the perpetrator.

:minger:

Oh, easy!

'Brimful of Asha' by Cornershop.

It's the one song that will make me leave a bar or a party if it is played. It's pure toilet and the hype it received after the Fatboy Slim remix was way over the top. Jeez, I'm even getting work up thinking about it!! Punishment? Easy; collect every single copy of this ****e and burn it ceremoniously outside a corner shop.

Angels - Robbie Williams.
Just sums up in 4 minutes all the reasons why I hate the odious fat ****.
Plus, despite switching off the radio or leaving bars etc whenever the song comes on, I still think I know every word!

"My Heart Will Go On" by Celine Dion. It is the musical equivalent of a dentist's drill plunging into a healthy tooth without any anaesthetic having been administered. Her Doppler-effect vibrato rips through my ears as if it were a large shard of glass which is being punched repeatedly into the side of my head.

There is not one, not a single, redeeming feature of that song... it is pure, undiluted musical bile.

:fury:

Far too many to comment on, but one that is always up there is Horny fugging Horny by Mousse T.

I could easily post 200 of these - today, I think I'll go for "Elevation" by U2. Released by any other band it would have been laughed into the bargain bins but because it's by the most overrated bunch of gob****es ever to walk the earth, it's a hit single. Punishment? Bono should have in iPod with a never ending battery life surgically inserted into his brain that only plays "Elevation" on endless repeat.

Mica New shoes Some twunt in the office has it as his ringtone and get to hear it at least 6 times a day

Also some bird in the office has a Lily Allen song , f**k knows which one but it sounds like puppet on a string, on her phone and that drives me up the wall as well.

shuduppa your face - joe Dolce - just for Keeping Vienna off the top of the charts.

Wet wet Wet - love is all around
Robin Hood Prince of Thieves theme
Ironic- No its not Ironic , most of those "examples" were conicidence, humourous even but not Irony

Bon Jovi - Living On A Prayer

I cannot put in to words how much I hate this song, it physically makes me feel sick. Every time he sings that wooah-oooh living on a prayer line, i just want reach in to his throat and rip out his wind pipe and clob him round the head with it.

If you want a way to torture me then play this to me on a perpetually loop tape with no way of escaping.

:guns: :guns: :guns: :guns:

"My Heart Will Go On" by Celine Dion. It is the musical equivalent of a dentist's drill plunging into a healthy tooth without any anaesthetic having been administered. Her Doppler-effect vibrato rips through my ears as if it were a large shard of glass which is being punched repeatedly into the side of my head.

There is not one, not a single, redeeming feature of that song... it is pure, undiluted musical bile.

:fury:

Amen brother, I'll second that.

I remember when this track came out, my brother who was about 11 at the time played in talent show with his band and blew the crowd away with some decent cover tracks. Rest of the evening pretty much every other song was some random girl singing that titanic track, que surprise when one of them won.

Wheres the talent in doing nothing more than karaoke?

I really hate with a passion Gangsta Paradise by Coolio.....

I dont know why but that dreadlocked ****er has always annoyed me and this song about "walking through the shadow of death" makes me want to do him in.

I also hate anything by Will Smith as he is not even a singer.

Its raining men also ****es me off when played in clubs.

Anything from Top Gun. God I hate that film almost as much as the grinning faces talking fondly about something that was **** but had planes in.

Saturday night but that bird with the pig tails.

In fairness anything Celine Dion signs

Mica New shoes Some twunt in the office has it as his ringtone and get to hear it at least 6 times a day

Paulo Nutini did that song. It's ok but one of my all time faves.

I hate that band that done 'How to save a life'. His voice is just dull, and sounds like he can't be arsed to sing.

That f*****g 'umbrella' song by Rhianna that appeared to have spent all of this summer at number 1.

About 12 months ago, my wife and I decided that when we finally grow up enough to start a family, we would be calling any future daughter Rhianna - a nice Old Celtic name that sits well with our surname, a name borne by a princess in Welsh legend, the goddess of fertility and the moon...

Then some **** writes a song about a ****ing UMBRELLA and we'd be better off calling the little blighter Britney!

:thump: :mad:

Back