• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Youth Pull - First up ...

The General

The Mouse (*)
... a pile of poo.

Denis Harding (3264287) Denis is a RH Batsman and RFM Bowler. He is a defensive player with competent leadership skills and worthless experience.

He currently has respectable batting form, respectable bowling form and fresh fitness.

Plays For: General Stars
Nationality: England
Battrick Rating: 5,109
Wages: £504 p/w

Stamina: respectable Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: mediocre Concentration: mediocre
Bowling: worthless Consistency: worthless
Fielding: worthless

Went for an all-rounder to sell and got nothing much.

Tyler Friedrich (3264303) shortcut

Tyler is a RH Batsman and RFM Bowler. He is a steady player with feeble leadership skills and abysmal experience.

He currently has respectable batting form, respectable bowling form and fresh fitness.
Plays For: Southend
Battrick Rating: 3,831
Wages: £671 p/w
Stamina: feeble Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: competent Concentration: woeful
Bowling: mediocre Consistency: woeful
Fielding: feeble

Splendid.

Maxwell Carbon (3264408)
Maxwell is a RH Batsman and RFM Bowler. He is an attacking player with proficient leadership skills and worthless experience.

Plays For: ShrimperZone CC
Battrick Rating: 4,701
Wages: £894 p/w

Stamina: mediocre Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: respectable Concentration: mediocre
Bowling: worthless Consistency: woeful

Maxwell Carbon is also a pretty fantastic name.

I got this- listed for 0.

Deepak Conrad - 17 yo, BT Rating=6,154 shortcut transfer listed
RH batsman, LH Spin bowler. He is a destructive player with worthless leadership skills and worthless experience.
Stamina: competent Wicket Keeping: feeble
Batting: worthless Concentration: worthless
Bowling: mediocre Consistency: respectable

In an attempt to pull a wickie I got this

Fred Healy (3265612)Fred is a RH Batsman and RM Bowler. He is a destructive player with respectable leadership skills and abysmal experience.

Plays For: ShrimperZone Vets CC
Battrick Rating: 4,386
Wages: £853 p/w

Stamina: feeble Wicket Keeping: mediocre
Batting: respectable Concentration: feeble

Do I list or throw 2 soon to be three nets at him ?

If you need a WK then I would train. The WK net would bring the secondary into line pretty quickly. Not particularly high respectable but still a nice pull.

Although I need a batting trainee I've listed mine to try and take advantage of Week 1 silly season on prices. Will buy a similar player in a couple of weeks for half the price!

Current Strong wickie is Superb bat but 30 and no stamina. I think the signs are there that ME is changing to WK is going to be much more important

A couple of years training for this one and he'll be ready to play. Going for 2 bat 1 wk to start, correct ?

Deryn Carroll (3266998)

Deryn is a destructive RH Batsman, and a steady RH Wrist Spin Bowler. He has abysmal leadership skills and abysmal experience.

Plays For: Southend United
Battrick Rating: 7,512
Wages: £898 p/w
Stamina: respectable Wicket Keeping: competent
Batting: mediocre Concentration: mediocre
Bowling: abysmal Consistency: feeble

Not brilliant....

Nikunj Gautham (3266081) Nikunj is an attacking RH Batsman, and an attacking RH Finger Spin Bowler. He has competent leadership skills and worthless experience.

Plays For: BATTY SHRIMPERS
Nationality: India
Battrick Rating: 4,004
Wages: £425 p/w
Preference: None
Trait: None
Stamina: competent Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: worthless Concentration: woeful
Bowling: mediocre Consistency: competent
Fielding: abysmal

Hmmm, well Carbon went for £1.1m. My intention was to hold tight and pick up a cheaper trainee further down the line but then I got caught up in the silly season and picked up a new trainee WK for £1.6m. Probably overpriced but much higher wage than Carbon. Guess the way to look at it is that I've got someone who's going to pop to proficient very soon and can be Lamo's future replacement for £500k. He'll go onto 4 and ultimately 5 nets and will sit in the background for a fair while.

Lawrence Bhagoo (3264453)
Lawrence is a defensive LH Batsman, and a destructive LM Bowler. He has superb leadership skills and abysmal experience.
He currently has respectable batting form, respectable bowling form and lively fitness.

Nationality: West Indies
Battrick Rating: 6,778
Wages: £1,189 p/w

Stamina: mediocre Wicket Keeping: competent

Bowling: feeble Consistency: woeful

Well I got my best pull for a few seasons now:

John Dumisani (3390211)John is an attacking RH Batsman, and a defensive RF Bowler. He has mediocre leadership skills and abysmal experience.

Plays For: Crabbys Catchers
Battrick Rating: 6,952
Wages: £901 p/w

Stamina: respectable Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: respectable Concentration: competent

Not sure whether to keep or sell. May have left it a bit late for week 1 selling now. What do people think?

Yeah, you've missed week one training which is a shame. He's also fairly low respectable judging by the wage and the stamina. I would still be tempted to sell as a lot of people will see the £901 wage and think he's quite high and stamina is always well valued anyway.

Mrs BB pulled this guy, up to 1.45m at the moment, finishes this afternoon.

Deltron Bradford (3266079) Deltron is a destructive RH Batsman, and an attacking RM Bowler. He has feeble leadership skills and abysmal experience.

He currently has respectable batting form, respectable bowling form and lively fitness.

Plays For: DIBS DIPPERS
Battrick Rating: 5,501
Wages: £912 p/w
Stamina: competent Wicket Keeping: worthless

Last edited:
MrB said:
Hmmm, well Carbon went for £1.1m. My intention was to hold tight and pick up a cheaper trainee further down the line but then I got caught up in the silly season and picked up a new trainee WK for £1.6m. Probably overpriced but much higher wage than Carbon. Guess the way to look at it is that I've got someone who's going to pop to proficient very soon and can be Lamo's future replacement for £500k. He'll go onto 4 and ultimately 5 nets and will sit in the background for a fair while.

Lawrence Bhagoo (3264453)
Lawrence is a defensive LH Batsman, and a destructive LM Bowler. He has superb leadership skills and abysmal experience.

Battrick Rating: 6,778
Wages: £1,189 p/w

Stamina: mediocre Wicket Keeping: competent

Bowling: feeble Consistency: woeful
Comp W/K will take up a bit of the wage, also as you're always so keen to remind me with Evelyn, HE HASN'T GOT ANY FIELDING :)

Seriously though, he's quite good for that price.....

Comp W/K will take up a bit of the wage, also as you're always so keen to remind me with Evelyn, HE HASN'T GOT ANY FIELDING :)

Seriously though, he's quite good for that price.....
Yep, noted! He'll go onto 2x bat and 1x stamina, fielding and WK. Will see the secondary shoot up so will have to sacrifice fielding at some stage but would hope to get him to mediocre.

Checked the tool and the longest I'll wait for a batting pop is 3 or 4 weeks and I reckon it will be quicker. If it's not then it means he's very close to respectable WK.

Back