• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Youth Pulls (Oh Yes !)

* ORM *

Still Loves Emma Bunton. Roy McDonough is God!
Flying the flag for SUFC in Sai Kung, Hong Kong
Not too shabby this time around !

Chris Richards (70604723)
17 years, passable form, healthy
A pleasant guy who is calm and honest.
Has disastrous experience and weak leadership abilities.

Nationality: England
Total Skill Index (TSI): 1 070
Wage: 473 £/week
Owner: Shrimperzone F.C.
Warnings: 0
Injuries: Healthy

Stamina: passable Goaltending: disastrous
Playmaking: wretched Passing: weak
Winger: inadequate Defending: poor
Scoring: solid Set Pieces: weak

Listed for 90K - might be a bit ambitious but hey there's always next week to relist him

Third fired player in a row. What's happened to my magical youth team?
sad.gif

Nice pull ORM, it does pay off eventually. I reckon you'll get between £110-140k for him which is not to be sniffed at!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (MrB @ July 16 2005,00:19)]Third fired player in a row.  What's happened to my magical youth team?
sad.gif

Nice pull ORM, it does pay off eventually.  I reckon you'll get between £110-140k for him which is not to be sniffed at!
I've had four decent pulls since I started - one sold, one up for sale and two defenders kept. I'm still only solid with my youth squad but I've invested the full from day one (Dec last year). Must be due to pop to excellent soon, which is probably when any decent YP dries up !

I've been investing the maximum in my youth system since I started and pulling one each week, but is there any point in doing that while my youth system is still weak? Every player I've gotten so far has a 0 TSI rating. I realize that it is inexpensive to promote a player from the youths, but am I just throwing away money right now?

I've seen some interesting views on this in various Hattrick forums over the last few weeks. There is a view that you should save the full YS investment money and use it for other purposes.

My view is that (In £ terms- sorry Chaco !) £13,333 invested over 52 weeks is £693,316 which is probably the equivalent of 4 very good YPs over a year. Even if you only had 2 decent YPs would you really have used the money wisely if you hadn't fully invested in the YS ? I very much doubt it.

I would invest a lower amount until you hit passable, then up the amount. I would certainly not stop, it does pay for itself in the end.

Oh and don't bother pulling until it's at least passable.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (chaco27saf @ July 20 2005,09:16)]am I just throwing away money right now?
It's an investment, Seth. I've lost count of how much I've made from my youth system... and whilst I've not had a really amazing YP in ages, I've still made a lot of cash from the system.

The best YP I've had was undoubtedly a 19 yo excellent striker that I pulled - who was good enough to go straight into the first team at the time, who scored buckets of goals for me, whom I also trained - a lot - and whom I then sold...

...for £1.675m. That's proof, if you need it, that the Youth System works on HT.

cool.gif

Just to throw my two pennys in I don't spend anything on my youth team. When I started I was ploughing in the full amount as advised by the Hatrick Gurus on here. I was already 100k in debt due to buying a coach, expanding my stadium(prices were doubling so I got in before they did) and the 13K per week was crippling me. I was getting beat every week and racking up the debt. I wasn't getting the crowds and my regular training regime wasn't going to show dividends for a while so I took the decision to scrap my youth team. That 13k a week then went on getting out of debt and buying some useful trainees.  Who are now being sold and making a very nice profit. These players are gauranteed to be decent as I chose them. I didn't want to pay 13k a week on the off chance I might get a decent player some time in the distant future.

I'm sure in the long run it'll pay for itself but in the early days it just wasn't worth it for me.

However now I am nearly in the black and with a Solid coach imminent and fortnightly profits coming in I am seriously considering starting the Youth team again. I may be a season and a half behind where I could have been but I wouldn't have been able to afford my current team if I had been persevering with the 13k investment.

Thanks guys, I've lowered my investment to 10K/week (the middle amount). My system just popped to weak, any chance of getting it up to inadaquate by the beginning of next season at that investment you think?

Back