• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Youth Pulls

Lawrence Woolf (3768404)Lawrence is a defensive LH Batsman, and an attacking LH finger spin Bowler. He has mediocre leadership skills and abysmal experience.

He currently has respectable batting form, respectable bowling form and lively fitness.

Plays For: ShrimperZone Vets CC
Nationality: England
Battrick Rating: 7,072
Wages: £713 p/w
Preference: None
Trait: None

Stamina: respectable Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: competent Concentration: respectable
Bowling: abysmal Consistency: abysmal
Fielding: worthless

Purchased for £286,000 - any ideas how far away from a pop - That will depend on whether I throw one or two nets at him before selling

Last edited:
Surprised, especially with that lump of crap going for £5m+ earlier.

Oh well. Still an 8 mill war chest and a possible pick up on the trainee I bought earlier and I've expanded the ground. I sold out last season and it looks like I'll have a decent enough OD season to warrant an increase slightly above the norm. I need to see the new leagues before deciding to splash out. I may not need anoter bat for week 1. No bargains I saw in advance of tomorrows shutdown

Good YP but a week late...

Andy Austin (3785810) Andy is an attacking RH Batsman, and an attacking RFM Bowler. He has mediocre leadership skills and worthless experience.

He currently has respectable batting form, respectable bowling form and fresh fitness.

Plays For: BATTY SHRIMPERS
Nationality: Ireland
Battrick Rating: 5,452
Wages: £1,065 p/w
Stamina: mediocre Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: respectable Concentration: mediocre
Bowling: mediocre Consistency: worthless

Good YP but a week late...

Andy Austin (3785810) Andy is an attacking RH Batsman, and an attacking RFM Bowler. He has mediocre leadership skills and worthless experience.

He currently has respectable batting form, respectable bowling form and fresh fitness.

Plays For: BATTY SHRIMPERS
Nationality: Ireland
Battrick Rating: 5,452
Wages: £1,065 p/w
Batting: respectable Concentration: mediocre
Bowling: mediocre Consistency: worthless

Did you chose Ireland deliberately to aid his international prospects?

Should've put the ITS on bowling...

Ryan Paul (3785843) shortcut

Ryan is a destructive RH Batsman, and a destructive RH finger spin Bowler. He has mediocre leadership skills and abysmal experience.

Plays For: Southend United
Battrick Rating: 3,229
Wages: £397 p/w
Preference: Favours Fast Bowling
Batting: mediocre Concentration: mediocre
Bowling: woeful Consistency: woeful

Lovely.

Mat Haran (3788676)
Mat is a cautious RH Batsman, and a destructive RFM Bowler. He has respectable leadership skills and abysmal experience.
Plays For: ShrimperZone CC
Battrick Rating: 6,472
Wages: £1,074 p/w
Preference: Favours Green Pitches

Stamina: competent Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: mediocre Concentration: worthless
Bowling: respectable Consistency: mediocre

Mine must be pretty low resp but hey ho im not grumbling!!

Rick is a defensive RH Batsman, and a cautious RM Bowler. He has superb leadership skills and abysmal experience.

Plays For: General Stars
Nationality: United States of America
Battrick Rating: 5,140
Wages: £774 p/w

Stamina: competent Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: respectable Concentration: competent
Bowling: worthless Consistency: worthless

Yorkshire Blue said:
Did you chose Ireland deliberately to aid his international prospects?
Yep.

Looking at him again, if I'd gone for a bowler rather than a batter, I would have got something similar to B. Can't believe he's only at 2k when he finishes tonight....

Surprised yours didn't sell for more BB, not surprised you bought him back.

Will be hoping for £1m+ for mine if not I might do the same.

MrB said:
Surprised yours didn't sell for more BB, not surprised you bought him back.

Will be hoping for £1m+ for mine if not I might do the same.
Yep, gonna train him on 2 x batting, 1 x stamina and fielding and sell him when he pops to Strong batting.

Just seen there's a 17yo Prof / Med with Med Stamina gone for 7m (cautious F), and another 17yo has gone for 4.59m (wage 1,158), and the Ireland mob were moaning that I bought my one back...

Can't believe you haven't even got a bid of 500k on yours when there's less than 24 hrs to go...

He's on the move now. Be nice to get above £1.5m.

Message sent 02/09/2010 08:07:37:
Carnivore Robots bids £1,000,000 for Haran. Deadline is in 5 hour(s).

On reflection I probably should have trained him to proficient then sold but there's no guarantee he'd pop first week, particularly with competent stamina and mediocre batting to add a little to the wages.

I also shouldn't really moan too much or Muse will punch me.

I went to bed last night and lost by a single bid on a £1,002 wage respectable YP. The price? £225,000. Damn. I also missed 2 low respectables last night for about 40k each as I forgot about them until a minute after the deadline!

So bargains can still be found, which explains why it's taking longer to get bids. Some people not setting a price seem to be getting stung.

It also seems half the BT populace are hugely BTR biased. So a bowler with say respectable WK will go for a lot higher than just a regulation bowler because they wind up with 9,000 BTR rather than 6,000. I'm hoping the mediocre batting will draw in a few bidders, even if that's not an ideal base to start an all rounder from (I did consider 5 netting him but decided to stick with my single net policy).

You mean like this guy, current bid 2.5m :headbang:

Kelvin Hislop (3768569) Kelvin is a steady LH Batsman, and a destructive RF Bowler. He has competent leadership skills and abysmal experience.

He currently has proficient batting form, competent bowling form and invigorated fitness.

Plays For: A Load Of Bull CC
Nationality: United States of America
Battrick Rating: 9,595
Wages: £1,592 p/w

Stamina: mediocre Wicket Keeping: proficient
Batting: woeful Concentration: worthless
Bowling: respectable Consistency: respectable

Back