• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Youth Pulls

* ORM *

Still Loves Emma Bunton. Roy McDonough is God!
Flying the flag for SUFC in Sai Kung, Hong Kong
Assuming Mr B pulls a monster I'll balance that with this cack. Need a trainee bowler this season. Was hoping not to dip into a meagre £1.8 mill

Lee Felice (4234450) Lee is a defensive RH Batsman, and a cautious RFM Bowler. He has strong leadership skills and worthless experience.

He currently has respectable batting form, respectable bowling form and fresh fitness.

Plays For: ShrimperZone Vets CC
Nationality: England
Battrick Rating: 3,778
Wages: £474 p/w
Preference: None
Trait: None

Stamina: mediocre Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: worthless Concentration: worthless
Bowling: mediocre Consistency: competent
Fielding: worthless

Wanted a wicketkeeper, but do I train or sell? More on the side of train at the moment due to lack of batting.

Anton Tierney (4232994)

Anton is an attacking RH Batsman, and a cautious RFM Bowler. He has strong leadership skills and abysmal experience.

He currently has respectable batting form, respectable bowling form and fresh fitness.
Plays For: Southend United
Battrick Rating: 7,352
Wages: £1,146 p/w
Stamina: woeful Wicket Keeping: respectable
Batting: mediocre Concentration: mediocre
Bowling: worthless Consistency: worthless
Fielding: respectable

Ray Hatfield (4235581) shortcut

Ray is a defensive RH Batsman, and a defensive RFM Bowler. He has strong leadership skills and worthless experience.

He currently has respectable batting form, respectable bowling form and lively fitness.
Plays For: Geoff_Boycotts_Grandmother XI
Battrick Rating: 8,417
Wages: £1,757 p/w
Stamina: mediocre Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: respectable Concentration: worthless
Bowling: respectable Consistency: mediocre
Fielding: abysmal

Any ideas how much he'd fetch?

Would I be better training him up a few levels first?

Assuming Mr B pulls a monster
Haha, I haven't had a big youth pull for about 8 seasons now. Low Competent/Competent for me.

I was going to say GBG is your man for big YPs and he hasn't disappointed again. He'll fetch a tidy 7 figure sum, probably £3m+. Definitely sell this week as the U20 trainers will be all over him.

OMFG!!!

Vincent Hayfield (4236517) Vincent is a cautious RH Batsman, and an attacking LH finger spin Bowler. He has woeful leadership skills and worthless experience.

He currently has respectable batting form, respectable bowling form and lively fitness.

Plays For: N-Trance shire
Battrick Rating: 13,016
Wages: £1,734 p/w

Stamina: respectable Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: respectable Concentration: mediocre
Bowling: respectable Consistency: worthless
Fielding: respectable

Jeez, that's a gold mine waiting to happen. Just a shame the secondaries weren't reversed. Amazing pull!

Haha, I haven't had a big youth pull for about 8 seasons now. Low Competent/Competent for me.

I was going to say GBG is your man for big YPs and he hasn't disappointed again. He'll fetch a tidy 7 figure sum, probably £3m+. Definitely sell this week as the U20 trainers will be all over him.

He's listed and it's up to £3k already.

Hopefully that k changes to a m.

ps Anyone got a good newbie guide for setting up your franchise. I can do the training plans etc but it's the number of support staff and when to increase the stadium size that I've forgotten.

i have it saved in my members notepad...

No of PR men needed per members...
1 - 487
2 - 603
3 - 750
4 - 943
5 - 1205
6 - 1584
7 - 2179
8 - 3251
9 - 5750

Financial Advisers
1 - £157,895
2 - £176,471
3 - £200,000
4 - £230,769
5 - £272,727
6 - £333,333
7 - £428,571
8 - £600,000

I think the FA's go up to 9 at some point and back down to 8 again at £1.6mil, but i cant be bothered to micro-manage that much. Already up to 7 FA's and 2 PR's (should hopefully be 3 after one more OD win), and have increased stadium to 8,004 based on my fans and league positions etc (which got filled the first time it was used, so may have under cooked tbh!).

Hayfield is on the market, probably could have trained and waited a few weeks, but i doubt i'll ever get such a good YP again. What you reckon he will fetch?

over £1m already, but if anyone fancies helping it along a bit

Be surprised if you don't get up to £2m to £2.5m. It's only the consistency that might put people off but quad respectables certainly draw everyone in! 16 shortcuts at the moment.

YB's went for £3.4m, very nice business. Ridiculously stupid price.....

Be surprised if you don't get up to £2m to £2.5m. It's only the consistency that might put people off but quad respectables certainly draw everyone in! 16 shortcuts at the moment.

Er, mine's still listed.

Current bid is at £102,000.

If I had a youth pull with a battrick-rating of 150,000, I'd hope he'd go for more than £3.4m.

If he is less than £2mil, i might offer in to get him back, and train the secondaries before selling later in the season. That said, the YP's dont hold as much value later in the season, but may do i suppose now with franchises. What would you do B?

and gone..

08/03/2012 Sold Vincent Hayfield for £3,048,000

Haha, very observant of me :smile:

If I'd been on I would have pushed your bid higher YB. I'd probably have paid up to £2m for him! Dammit.

08/03/2012 Sold Ray Hatfield for £1,129,000.

My guy had better primaries and secondaries.

So fielding must be worth an extra £2m.

Mine was around £1.4m with 2 mins to go, so i stuck a bid of £2mil on to try and get him back so i could retrain the secondaries, and then suddenly the bidding took off between two high ranked teams.

Back