• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Youth Pulls

Christopher Chohan - 17 yo, BT Rating=5,709, Wage=£1,056
A defensive RH batsman and an attacking RFM bowler. He has superb leadership skills and abysmal experience. He has no preference and no trait.
He currently has respectable batting form, respectable bowling form and fresh fitness.

Stamina: mediocre Wicket Keeping: woeful
Batting: respectable Concentration: competent
Bowling: worthless Consistency: worthless
Fielding: worthless

Listed for 100K, see how it goes.

Sold for 450K, pretty pleased with that.

Finally managed to get a YP not fantastic but given my financial predicament it will be on 2 bat 1 WK and I will add a field net ASAP

Darius Stanford - 17 yo, BT Rating=3,654, Wage=£605
An attacking RH batsman and a cautious RM bowler. He has mediocre leadership skills and abysmal experience. He has no preference and no trait.
He currently has respectable batting form, respectable bowling form and fresh fitness.

Stamina: feeble Wicket Keeping: competent
Batting: mediocre Concentration: feeble
Bowling: feeble Consistency: worthless
Never train from mediocre! You could pick up a high competent for a few thousand. You could train him for a whole season and he'll still be worth feck all. Massive waste of nets IMO.

To put it another way, I saw 18yo proficients going for less than £100k at the start of last season. He won't even be proficient at that stage. You would be better off sacking your coaches and saving £2.5k pw for each of them.

Please don't train him!

Gash and gash. Annoying as prices are even higher this year, a mid respectable selling for £3.5m!

High Mediocre for first team, low Competent for Franchise

No doubt will get my usual awesome pull in week 2, and miss out on about £1m as if i had this week.

Main was rubbish again (Med / Comp bowler with Resp Stamina)

Thought i'd done well with my franchise, pulled a bowler, saw the wage of £1,200 and then realised he had Respectable W/K :'(:thumbdown:

Two gash ones for me but have picked up two decent ones for ok money so training settled in.

Mathew Riches - 17 yo, BT Rating=6,239, Wage=£1,494
An attacking RH batsman and a defensive RM bowler. He has proficient leadership skills and worthless experience. He has no preference and no trait.

Stamina: feeble Wicket Keeping: respectable
Batting: respectable Concentration: abysmal
Bowling: woeful Consistency: worthless

Zero ITS. any thoughts or just see if there are bids?

He won't sell for loads but you would get cash for him. I would train him to strong batting then sell.

Wow, that's a great pull for 0 ITS. The lack of concentration matters a lot less as he's a keeper so will get the boost from training that.

2 bat, 1 WK, 1 field would be more beneficial in the short term. Getting the WK to Superb rather than Strong will make naff all difference to his value. Whereas the WK/Field combo will bring his secondary up a few more levels to make him more appealing. You'll have to hope that it's his batting that is high rather than his WK. If the batting pops first you can get a Strong/Strong pretty quickly. If his WK pops first it will take a while and you'll have a strong/superb.

If you plan to keep then I'd go 2 bat, 1 WK, 1 stamina. As YB says the secondary will catch up eventually.

Bet you wish it was week 1! With ITS you would have had high respectable in both, possibly competent concentration and competent/respectable stamina. £2-3m I'd say.

Yep but it may still help with rebuild. He is already on 1 bat 1 wk. Should be able to add another net this week or next then one more next season. Funnily enough I already have 18yo prof WK trainee sup/prof with prof WK due to pop but that's fine by me. Train to sell or keep works.

Sorry, misread your post, thought you'd put 2 nets on each skill.

6. Shaun Sadler - 18 yo, BT Rating=21,997, Wage=£2,056
An attacking RH batsman and a cautious RH finger spin bowler. He has feeble leadership skills and abysmal experience. He has no preference and no trait.
He currently has proficient batting form, proficient bowling form and lively fitness.

Stamina: feeble Wicket Keeping: strong
Batting: superb Concentration: strong
Bowling: worthless Consistency: mediocre
Fielding: mediocre

Here's my WK trained. Popped batting last week. Tempted to sell him and train the YP. Wish I knew how strong my new leagues were !

Back