• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Youth Team and coaches wage problems

shrimperjon

President
I was approached in the car park before kick off by one of the youth team coaches. I’ve known him for years as my son used to play in the youth teams.

He was very upset and disgruntled. He told me that the youth team and coaches are going to go on strike from Monday as havnt been paid for two months. He said enough is enough and things have to change. He said they would be willing to boycott the youth cup if it meant making a point or stand

He did confirm that all first team players and staff had been paid but those staff outside of this havnt been.

I’m planning on attending the Trust AGM on Monday so hope this is something that is brought up

This is not idle gossip. I was told face to face. He said he wanted me to report it if I wanted to but to keep his name out of it

After such another good day on the pitch this is further sad news off it

I was approached in the car park before kick off by one of the youth team coaches. I’ve known him for years as my son used to play in the youth teams.

He was very upset and disgruntled. He told me that the youth team and coaches are going to go on strike from Monday as havnt been paid for two months. He said enough is enough and things have to change. He said they would be willing to boycott the youth cup if it meant making a point or stand

He did confirm that all first team players and staff had been paid but those staff outside of this havnt been.

I’m planning on attending the Trust AGM on Monday so hope this is something that is brought up

This is not idle gossip. I was told face to face. He said he wanted me to report it if I wanted to but to keep his name out of it

After such another good day on the pitch this is further sad news off it
Yes, I heard this today too and feel better commenting now that it is out in the open.

The youth team is in dialogue with the EFL, who have said there is no reason why anybody in the Academy should be going without pay for that long as the youth funding they give to the club arrives in the club's bank account on the 1st of the month. This suggests the club might be misusing EFL funding, and will be in the crosshairs of both the EFL and the VNL for doing so.

I think the Trust is also being lied to regarding whether wages are up to date outside of the first team.

The U16s are backing the U18s and refusing to step in for U18s matches whilst the U18s are on strike.

I despair.

I'd say a protest after the game would be in order, but the man responsible doesn't even attend anymore.
Absolute disgrace.

The youth team is in dialogue with the EFL, who have said there is no reason why anybody in the Academy should be going without pay for that long as the youth funding they give to the club arrives in the club's bank account on the 1st of the month. This suggests the club might be misusing EFL funding, and will be in the crosshairs of both the EFL and the VNL for doing so.
IF that is the case, then a certain person has a lot of explaining to do?. But we won't hear a whisper from him, Tom will no doubt be hauled over the coals, if there's an enquiry into this?.

Am very worried now to be honest.

West Stand bar staff looked broken. They ran out of stock at half time, few cans of newcastle brown ale that was pretty much it.

This can't go on.
Kiosk in the East Black/Greens was running out of stock by HT.

Now this with our youth, they're only the future of the club after all...

Might I use this moment to reiterate the statement I've been making for years. Ron Martin Out.

Am very worried now to be honest.

West Stand bar staff looked broken. They ran out of stock at half time, few cans of newcastle brown ale that was pretty much it.

This can't go on.

Kiosk in the East Black/Greens was running out of stock by HT.

Now this with our youth, they're only the future of the club after all...

Might I use this moment to reiterate the statement I've been making for years. Ron Martin Out.

Yeah, little to no beer today because the club hasn't paid the suppliers. Another one to add to the list.

It really is getting worse of the pitch as each day goes by. Absolute silence from the club on what’s happening too. What happened to the transparency? Things are going so well on the pitch, I feel like it’s distracting everyone from how poorly people at the club are being treated.

Back