• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Youth Team and coaches wage problems

Why would Youth players go on strike. It wont achieve anything and only damages their future.

Ron stated back in L1 that the club fund the academy with about an extra £400,000 per season. I guess with funding being reduced again this season and no doubt even with running costs reduce, it now costs
If we are using funds earmarked from the EFL for the youth team then we really don’t have a leg to stand on.

The one point you haven’t made , but have done in the past. Is that we are all “over the moon” about signing Lapata, and the reality is that really we should not have done that.

I do hope we can sort this out without having to have a player firesale (again)

If funds received from EFL are earmarked for the youth team then to utilise them for other purposes is tantamount to embezzlement.

If funds received from EFL are earmarked for the youth team then to utilise them for other purposes is tantamount to embezzlement.

Nope its separate funding and then clubs have to add to it. Which is why some close their academies. They have no intention of allowing young players to develop in the first team so it doesn't pay.

Others let the like of us develop them and then get the best ones on the cheap because the compensation scheme is to rigid.

Most of National League clubs don’t have an youth team playing in EFL system, like we do.

Ron you complete ****. These people deserve better.

Martinout
They do deserve better agreed! But the most important thing is the players being paid as u must know the run we are on right now! Sorry but everything else comes second! At the end of the day I pay my money to watch the players play on a Tues and Saturday.

They do deserve better agreed! But the most important thing is the players being paid as u must know the run we are on right now! Sorry but everything else comes second! At the end of the day I pay my money to watch the players play on a Tues and Saturday.
Just as well your boss pays everyone otherwise you wouldn't be watching the team

It’s cut throat and as long as we are not breaching any rules, we have got to do what we have got to do.

I don’t like it one bit, but it’s reality.

So you’re basically saying you don’t care that non playing staff are not being paid?

Without non playing staff working then you wouldn’t be watching any football on a Saturday or a Tuesday night. These non playing staff are being treated in an absolutely appalling way and deserve to be paid just as much as anyone else.

I’m not sure you would be saying this if it was you not getting paid each month.

I'm guessing it's the coaches going on strike rather than players - are youth team players even paid? Or is it depending on age group?
From what I recall schoolboys are not paid but do have expenses i.e food and travel

U18's who have scholarship contracts are, from memory, on around £170 p/w. A lot of which is covered in grants received.

What happened there then? Did they damage the toilets?
The utter imbeciles who smashed a urinal, tore off a toilet seat and yanked a cistern off the wall in the East Greens toilets yesterday causing all that damage and a leak which flooded through to the gents in the Shrimpers Bar yesterday evening - honestly the water was pouring through in two places.

Made it really difficult for people to use the gents during our Quiz Night last night, and will have left the Club with yet another bill for emergency work, which they can ill afford. Why do we have such a moronic element amongst our support that just don't get that their behaviour costs the Club?

The utter imbeciles who smashed a urinal, tore off a toilet seat and yanked a cistern off the wall in the East Greens toilets yesterday causing all that damage and a leak which flooded through to the gents in the Shrimpers Bar yesterday evening - honestly the water was pouring through in two places.

Made it really difficult for people to use the gents during our Quiz Night last night, and will have left the Club with yet another bill for emergency work, which they can ill afford. Why do we have such a moronic element amongst our support that just don't get that their behaviour costs the Club?
That idiots must be a frustrated Col Ewes fans who realise our team getting better, while their own team are going down.

We know that we want Ron Martin to go, but it’s don’t mean we can go and damage the toilet etc, I find that more disgusting than my view on staffs not getting paid on time.

Why would anyone do something like this. I just don’t understand.
They should be found and held to account and then repair the damage they have caused.
Someone must know something

Why would Youth players go on strike. It wont achieve anything and only damages their future.

Ron stated back in L1 that the club fund the academy with about an extra £400,000 per season. I guess with funding being reduced again this season and no doubt even with running costs reduce, it now costs more?
I guess you are just trying to wind us all up even more! Just in case your comment is for real maybe ask yourself the question why does any group of people go on strike?

The police are investigating bogate..... A spokesperson said so far they have nothing to go on.

I guess you are just trying to wind us all up even more! Just in case your comment is for real maybe ask yourself the question why does any group of people go on strike?

The idea of a strike is to hurt your employer financially. Otherwise they don't work. There is a difference from won't pay to can't pay

How does some 16 year olds not playing achieve anything. In fact it probably does Ron a favour. He could shut the whole thing down and not have to pay wages or their accommodation etc.

The idea of a strike is to hurt your employer financially. Otherwise they don't work. There is a difference from won't pay to can't pay

How does some 16 year olds not playing achieve anything. In fact it probably does Ron a favour. He could shut the whole thing down and not have to pay wages or their accommodation etc.
But does Ron actually pay for this accommodation or are the owners on the never ending list of creditors waiting for their money.

Does Ron pay for anything? Rumours going around the shrimper trust had to pay the wages, don't know if that is staff or players wages.

Back