• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Youth team game off as coaches not paid

I continue to despair with what's going on inside SUFC at the moment with one disaster after another........ I'm beginning to ask myself for the first time where is this all going to end? As one of many who recently donated to in a very small way help the club we all love I have to ask where has the 20K plus the 80K gone? Cannot believe Ron has not at the very least had the deciency to at least acknowledge the small contribution the supporters have made but then again why am I surprised as I've watched our Chairman in action for many years........

Protesters should be aware that under the Football (Offences) Act 1991 it is a criminal offence to “go onto the playing area, or any area adjacent to the playing area to which spectators are not generally admitted, without lawful authority or lawful excuse”.

Given that Ron (who won’t be attending anyway) isn’t going to care one iota I’d think carefully before damaging your future employment opportunities and landing a fine. The last thing the authorities will want is to have to deal with pitch invasions on a weekly basis so there are far more likely to be prosecutions this time round.

Protest on the pitch today, give Ron no time to prepare. We are going to lose again today and probably start plummeting down the league anyway. Don't care if he walks and the club goes into admin, I was our team back
!!

Protest on the pitch today, give Ron no time to prepare. We are going to lose again today and probably start plummeting down the league anyway. Don't care if he walks and the club goes into admin, I was our team back
!!
Enjoy your ban from the ground

!!
Fail to see the correlation between a handful of people invading the pitch and Ron walking away and getting the ‘team’ back.

Not sure what’s wrong with the team anyway. It’s the club and its finances that’s the problem, not the team.

Fail to see the correlation between a handful of people invading the pitch and Ron walking away and getting the ‘team’ back.

Not sure what’s wrong with the team anyway. It’s the club and its finances that’s the problem, not the team.
What's wrong with the team is they are either not being paid, worrying about being paid or worried about colleagues who haven't been paid.

As to the Youth Game itself, I'm not even sure that non payment of wages was the reason, I had a feeling it was because players were likely to be needed in the matchday squad (and Sandat was in there, who is a key player for them), and that the obvious jump to unpaid wages claims was inevitable. Of course, it might have been wages but I'm not sure.

As to the Youth Game itself, I'm not even sure that non payment of wages was the reason, I had a feeling it was because players were likely to be needed in the matchday squad (and Sandat was in there, who is a key player for them), and that the obvious jump to unpaid wages claims was inevitable. Of course, it might have been wages but I'm not sure.
Nope. Unpaid wages are the issue.

Unfortunately It was down to wages. All age groups are refusing to play.

They won't be cancelled they will be forfeited instead.

Can't condone them.as they were not paid but its only going to end with them giving a reason for them all to be released and shut down as part of the Brentford system we are currently following.

He's not at games. All this will do is incur the Club fines it can ill afford, and then more staff will be paid late/unpaid - is that really what you want?
I'd like to know why he's never at games now? We're all getting behind the lads why can't he?

Back