• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Youth Team Progress In The FA Youth Cup - Tuesday 3rd November 2015

Shrimperstrust

Supporting SUFC
Southend United U18s moved into the Second Round of The FA Youth Cup with a 6-1 victory and a professional performance at non-league Barton Rovers.

Rob Craven's match report can be found here.

Why don't you put this on the Shrimpers Chit Chat page.

It's a decent report so why hide it away here where you've had 19 views in 12 hours ?

Why don't you put this on the Shrimpers Chit Chat page.

It's a decent report so why hide it away here where you've had 19 views in 12 hours ?

Because we have always posted the reports in the Trust Section as it was at one time frowned upon if the Trust posted anything vaguely Trust related in the main forum :sad:

Because we have always posted the reports in the Trust Section as it was at one time frowned upon if the Trust posted anything vaguely Trust related in the main forum :sad:

Not going to go in to the ins and out of that, but a match report is definitely worth a spot in the main forum :thumbsup:

So would it be OK to post all Youth Team Match Reports in the main forum then?

Why on earth not ?

Don't want to speak out of turn as I am but a mere mod these days rather than one of the owners but I reckon so.

Trust stuff like POTM and fundraising nights should stay in the Trust forum (I would suggest) but reports on any match involving a Southend United XI belong here I think.

I would say they've put Barton on the map, but I'm still none the wiser as to where Barton actually is.

I think all Youth match reports should be put on the chit chat. It's the best crop of youngsters we have ever had at the club. Walker and Wabo look like two very good strikers, but all the other players are chipping in with goals as well. They are also strong in midfield and at the back. That long winning streak was incredible. Like many on here I suspect, I am now reading the report on all their games and watching for their latest score and scorers, and hoping some of those players can become good enough eventually for the first team.

Back