• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

YP this week

sufcintheprem

This is a modified caption
17 year old with well over 1000 TSI. Thinking I'll probably try and flog him to a defender trainer...

Speciality: Powerful

Nationality: England
Total Skill Index (TSI): 1 120
Wage: 415 £/week
Owner: Southsea Commoners
Warnings: 0
Injuries: Healthy

Stamina: inadequate Goaltending: disastrous
Playmaking: poor Passing: passable
Winger: inadequate Defending: passable
Scoring: weak Set Pieces: poor

Andrew Hare (74314343)  
18 years, passable form, healthy  
A pleasant guy who is balanced and honest.
Has disastrous experience and weak leadership abilities.

Nationality:  England  
Total Skill Index (TSI):   1 510
Wage:  481 £/week  
Owner:  The Shrimpers  
Warnings:  0  
Injuries:  Healthy  

Stamina:    inadequate  Goaltending:    disastrous  
Playmaking:    weak   Passing:   solid  
Winger:    wretched   Defending:    inadequate  
Scoring:   inadequate   Set Pieces:    poor

Be good for striker trainers or defender trainers who play CA

20 TSI. Bye! Still haven't played my BT game either!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (MrB @ Aug. 20 2005,20:12)]20 TSI. Bye! Still haven't played my BT game either!
Same here. Still got the whole "the match is underway" bit up as well ...

laugh.gif
oops.gif

Same here.

HT youth pull was a 400 TSI inadequate defender, 17 years old. Should sell but only for a few grand.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (sufcintheprem @ Aug. 20 2005,14:06)]17 year old with well over 1000 TSI.  Thinking I'll probably try and flog him to a defender trainer...

Total Skill Index (TSI):   1 120

Stamina:   inadequate   Goaltending:   disastrous
Playmaking:   poor   Passing:   passable
Winger:   inadequate   Defending:   passable
Scoring:   weak   Set Pieces:   poor
Well stick him on the transfer list then !
tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (* ORM * @ Aug. 21 2005,10:19)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (sufcintheprem @ Aug. 20 2005,14:06)]17 year old with well over 1000 TSI. Thinking I'll probably try and flog him to a defender trainer...

Total Skill Index (TSI): 1 120

Playmaking: poor Passing: passable
Winger: inadequate Defending: passable
Scoring: weak Set Pieces: poor
Well stick him on the transfer list then !
tounge.gif
Bloody hell, seems like I'll get at least one bidder!

Done now...

sufcintheprem what level is your Youth Team at?

How long have you been investing for and at what level?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Bucks_blue @ Aug. 22 2005,09:26)]sufcintheprem what level is your Youth Team at?

How long have you been investing for and at what level?
It's at solid and I initially went with medium level of investment but decided that if I wanted to do anything in the game, I may as well stick the full investment in because in this type of game, that's where the money is (and it said to do so in a guide I read!).

I've been on highest investment for about a season. I think if I can get it up to excellent then I may be able to compete a bit better in my league.

In all honesty, I think I've just had good luck with recent recruits and expect the next few to be terrible and, no doubt, centre mids as I'm training PM!

Should also let Southend United FC know that their bid has been trumped by another. ORM, don't forget he has got solid leadership and I have been training his fitness. Not talking up my transfer. Honest.

biggrin.gif

(I think I'm more happy that I've actually got a bid for a player before the day of the deadline!!)

Don't worry your pretty little head. ORM has got this under control. I'm guessing that he will pop to solid def within 2-3 weeks unless the passing skill is bumping the TSI up. Prepared to price this other t%&t out of the equation if necessary.

Also just spotted Toddy's defender. Hopefully not to late to make a bid for that one.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (blues_r_best @ Aug. 20 2005,18:13)]Andrew Hare (74314343)  
A pleasant guy who is balanced and honest.

Nationality:  England  
Total Skill Index (TSI):   1 510
Wage:  481 £/week  
Owner:  The Shrimpers  
Warnings:  0  
Injuries:  Healthy  

Stamina:    inadequate  Goaltending:    disastrous  
Playmaking:    weak   Passing:   solid  
Winger:    wretched   Defending:    inadequate  
Scoring:   inadequate   Set Pieces:    poor

Be good for striker trainers or defender trainers who play CA
Toddy, in your HAM (or whatever tool you use) is he down as a defender or a forward ?

I think I've priced the idiot out - Toddy's player is too old for me which is a shame as I'm switching to CA next season.

Have a wing-back selling in 7 hours time - already seen some interest and currently at £224K - I'll probably get nearer 280-300K for him. Was going to hang on for another pop or two but I need to finance some formidable forwards asap and this goes some of the way towards it.

Kael Maric (57066142)
19 years, excellent form, healthy
A pleasant guy who is temperamental and righteous.

Total Skill Index (TSI): 2 770
Wage: 453 £/week
Owner: Shrimperzone F.C.

Stamina: excellent Goaltending: disastrous
Playmaking: poor Passing: poor
Winger: passable Defending: excellent
Scoring: poor Set Pieces: poor

I've got this bloke on the list for £0.

Jordan McNorrill (74229675)
A pleasant guy who is tranquil and infamous.

Has disastrous experience and wretched leadership abilities.

Total Skill Index (TSI): 340
Wage: 372 £/week
Owner: Southend-United

Stamina: poor Goaltending: disastrous
Playmaking: wretched Passing: inadequate
Winger: poor Defending: passable

Also listed for £80,000 is this bloke:

Hertzel Barak (30934392)
21 years, passable form, healthy
A sympathetic guy who is balanced and righteous.

Speciality: Quick

Nationality: Israel
Total Skill Index (TSI): 1 110
Wage: 672 £/week including 20% Bonus
Owner: Southend-United

Playmaking: excellent Passing: poor
Winger: weak Defending: weak

Needs a week or 2 of stamina, but most people will be training that in a week or two's time in the close season.

Deadline for both is 24 Aug at about 19:30 hat-trick time.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (sufcintheprem @ Aug. 23 2005,08:55)]Should also let Southend United FC know that their bid has been trumped by another.  ORM, don't forget he has got solid leadership and I have been training his fitness.  Not talking up my transfer.  Honest.

biggrin.gif

(I think I'm more happy that I've actually got a bid for a player before the day of the deadline!!)
There ya go - 20K - way over value for him and still plenty of time. I'll take it up to 25K if this idiot still counters. I still think your player is at the high end of passable so that could be good value for a quick pop to solid.

So there I was at 19.08 HT time feeling very smug for myself having picked up a very decent 17yo trainee (ok I know he'll be 18 in a couple of weeks) AND a clown to boot for 25K.

So there I was at 19.09 HT time thinking the bidding has finished sign will pop up in a minute.

So there I was at 19.10 HT time with a puzzled frown. Then I chanced upon it.

24 hours too early.

t%&t !
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

I reckon he'll go for between 70 + 100K

On the plus side I've just sold my wing back (excellent def, pass wing) for 330K, about 40-50K more than I expected. Now 271K in the black with a home game this week and possibly a home cup game to come if results go my way. I feel a formidable striker coming sooner than I expected.

The tide is turning on the real value of clowns but there still appear to be enough people to bid up for them. 25K was way overpriced at face value but I reckon whoever gets him will find themselves an 18yo solid defender within weeks.

Back