• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Zak Brunt

Ricey

I’m a Mod, that’s unpossible⭐⭐
Staff member
If the game against Bromley is called off I don’t think we will see him play for us again. I can imagine a team higher up will look to take him on loan.

He is an exceptional talent and has given us that bit of spark we have been crying out for! I hope you stay longer Zak but if you don’t I wish you all the success in our career. Once a Shrimper, always a Shrimper!

He looks a class above every time I’ve seen him play. Would’ve been a good experience for him too, playing regular games. He’s set the bar for the calibre of player we need to bring in to progress.

Sadly I think you may be correct unless of course the club can work their magic in persuading Sheffield for him to remain longer.Suspect Sheffield may think differently. So its doubly important that the club gets the embargo lifted asap

Sadly I think you may be correct unless of course the club can work their magic in persuading Sheffield for him to remain longer.Suspect Sheffield may think differently. So its doubly important that the club gets the embargo lifted asap
I’d say if we have any hope it would be on Darren Currie, as I assume it was his time working with Sheffield United’s youth team that got us him and Lopata.

Can he even go on loan elsewhere this season? He has appeared for Sheff U in the League Cup as well as us so doesn't that max out his FIFA 2 clubs in a season which I think we still are included under?

If the game against Bromley is called off I don’t think we will see him play for us again. I can imagine a team higher up will look to take him on loan.

He is an exceptional talent and has given us that bit of spark we have been crying out for! I hope you stay longer Zak but if you don’t I wish you all the success in our career. Once a Shrimper, always a Shrimper!
He won't be playing for us because we can't re-sign him until the embargo is lifted.

Even without the embargo we would struggle to keep brunt...... league 1/2 clubs will be his next destination or maybe spl club. Sheff u will no doubt like to see brunt go to better league to test himself. He got quality that for sure. Good luck to him wherever that is.

The one advantage for us, and I'm trying to optimistic, is the fact that's he's playing regularly and is enjoying his football.

That may be enough for Sheff Utd to let him stay.

League Two isn't a leap in standard compared to NL and would be start for a decent League One club?

There is no difference in standard to the top 16 teams of NL and League 2

If they wanted to test him, he needs to be playing for a league 1 side

Zak is a tremendous player with great skill and potential. The only negative for me is that he can sometimes go missing in games. Granted, this is probably down to us not having better players around him who can give him the ball in attacking areas more often!

I agree but its funny how the meaning of a word can get changed : I’d say we have 2 ridiculous players at this level — White and Atkinson.
We also have some ridiculous posters. ( I defer from calling them supporters). You know the ones that turn every thread into a needless snipe at our senior players. These two both gave everything and played well on Sunday.

Back