• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Zak Brunt

Ah

Ah, I've just found the ignore button, could have saved myself a reply.
Let us self police / ignore this . NO ONE can please EVERYONE so Just accept it and ignore and move on. There is zero upside to responding to negative posts, only downsides.

We have a simple manta at work
1 would my mum be proud of me or think my reply was petty?
2. Write the reply, count to 10 tell yourself- “don’t fall to their level” and delete

Not too botherd don't really recall him having many shots on target or even creating many chances! A decent player and can lay a pass but I'm looking for a midfielder who can create and score! Good luck to the kid.

Anyone in this league is a rival. With our support and history, Notts County are one of the few teams at this level who really should measure up to us but too many of our supporters seem comfortable with begging for scraps from teams we used to beat.

Man, you're living in the past. Most of the teams in this division measure up to us. We have fallen a long way in a short time. I'm confident that we will climb again, even next season hopefully, but banging on about us rivalling Notts County or Chesterfield or Wrexham is unrealistic at the moment. Far better to respect all our opponents and concentrate on achieving a mid table finish this season and plan to compete for promotion next season.

Man, you're living in the past. Most of the teams in this division measure up to us. We have fallen a long way in a short time. I'm confident that we will climb again, even next season hopefully, but banging on about us rivalling Notts County or Chesterfield or Wrexham is unrealistic at the moment. Far better to respect all our opponents and concentrate on achieving a mid table finish this season and plan to compete for promotion next season.
Forget mid table if we can get the right players in and quick then there is no reason why we can't go on a run and get in the playoffs! Remember it's not how u start it's how u finish!

Hi all,

Sorry I haven’t been on for a while but we had to let the club announce that Zak had left before we did, purely as a matter of respect.

Zak and the family want you to know how grateful we are to you the supporters. The welcome, the patience and positivity virtually all of you showed was very classy.

Zak will forever have a place in his heart for you all. He was a 19 year old kid a long way from home and each one of you played a massive part in helping him settle in.

Thank you ?
As a parent, I feel certain that you were thankful to see him so warmly received when he was so far from home - it makes the distance so much easier to bear if you know they have been made to feel welcome.

It is a long time since a loanee was taken so quickly to the hearts of the Shrimper faithful, and we've been lucky to have had him, just such a shame it's not been for longer and that it's involved so many postponed matches.

I wish Zak all the very best, though I still feel he could have gone up a league. If you can have any influence on persuading him to join our ex players association, which he now qualifies for, and is the biggest in the country, we'd be glad to have him - just search @SUEPA on Twitter and drop us a message there.

ZAK Brunt has explained why he opted to spend the rest of the season on loan at Notts County.

Read more on this story

Help with Echo links

I have no problem with that. Notts County are a bigger and much better club for him than us. Sad, but true. Thanks for providing us with quality football during your ten games with us. Very best of luck for the future Zak.

I have no problem with that. Notts County are a bigger and much better club for him than us. Sad, but true. Thanks for providing us with quality football during your ten games with us. Very best of luck for the future Zak.
Completely disagree! They maybe the oldest football club but I don't think they have been in the new championship since it was renamed?

Nothing to do with a bigger club - the article doesn't even mention that!

This is the key sentence

“If you can get a promotion on your CV at 20 with some goals and assists then it does well."

It's league position.

Completely disagree! They maybe the oldest football club but I don't think they have been in the new championship since it was renamed?

So? Yeovil have been in the Championship since it was renamed. So have the woolly folk. Are they therefore as big as us? Of course not.

Notts County have had 24 seasons in the highest division, have won the FA Cup and have a 20,000 capacity stadium. If you think they are smaller than us then you need to give your head a wobble Steve. ?

So? Yeovil have been in the Championship since it was renamed. So have the woolly folk. Are they therefore as big as us? Of course not.

Notts County have had 24 seasons in the highest division, have won the FA Cup and have a 20,000 capacity stadium. If you think they are smaller than us then you need to give your head a wobble Steve. ?

Or a wibble.

Back