• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Zak Brunt

Hi all,

Sorry I haven’t been on for a while but we had to let the club announce that Zak had left before we did, purely as a matter of respect.

Zak and the family want you to know how grateful we are to you the supporters. The welcome, the patience and positivity virtually all of you showed was very classy.

Zak will forever have a place in his heart for you all. He was a 19 year old kid a long way from home and each one of you played a massive part in helping him settle in.

Thank you ?

Thanks Borat, I am sure your son will go on to have a great career in the game, he is a fantastic lad and gave it all for our team while he was here.

Looking forward to watch him blossom into a fine player.

Don't forget to tell him "Once a Shrimper, Always a Shrimper"

Please keep us updated of his progress if you can in our Ex Shrimpers forum?

:Thumbs up:

89RTy5EF.jpg

Thanks Borat, I am sure your son will go on to have a great career in the game, he is a fantastic lad and gave it all for our team while he was here.

Looking forward to watch him blossom into a fine player.

Don't forget to tell him "Once a Shrimper, Always a Shrimper"

Please keep us updated of his progress if you can in our Ex Shrimpers forum?

:Thumbs up:

Believe me mate, he doesn’t need telling ‘once a shrimper always a shrimper’ he knows that!

So it was his choice to go to another team in our league? Not really understanding the love in for a player who produced close to **** all while he was here (3 assists?).

There is always one.

He was a young lad who gave his all in difficult circumstances whilst putting our so called senior players to shame.

Great attitude, 100% commitment and technically very good.

He has gone to a side closer to home who can accommodate his natural position and who will give him a chance to gain a first promotion.

Have a day off ffs

Best of luck ZB. Hope you have a great career.

So it was his choice to go to another team in our league? Not really understanding the love in for a player who produced close to **** all while he was here (3 assists?).
Yes and who can blame him? A team that play better football, football which suits his style more and a team where he’ll see more of the ball. It’s also a lot closer to home for him.

Fair play by the way with your inside knowledge being on cue ?. I saw your other post saying one or two more are possible this week. Any idea on which positions these are in?
There's some Egyptian fella named Salah up front and a fella available who plays in the middle called Ndombele at Spurs I understand... let's and see what the management team get in. ;)

At least Harrison confirmed and Kacper extended.... a great start to the week!

There is always one.

He was a young lad who gave his all in difficult circumstances whilst putting our so called senior players to shame.

Great attitude, 100% commitment and technically very good.

He has gone to a side closer to home who can accommodate his natural position and who will give him a chance to gain a first promotion.

Have a day off ffs

Best of luck ZB. Hope you have a great career.
Have a day off from being annoyed that a player chose to go to a rival? I hope there's more than one of us who actually cares about Southend United more than they care about Brunt's career.

Have a day off from being annoyed that a player chose to go to a rival? I hope there's more than one of us who actually cares about Southend United more than they care about Brunt's career.
Thankfully, there are many on here that actually care about Southend United and have the decency to wish a young lad well who came here on loan and gave his all when we needed him.

Great interview (why do our interviews never ask these kind of questions)?

His understanding of the game, what's required of him/ the team, and where he will fit in, is in my opinion beyond his years.

He will have a bright future in the game I'm sure, I hope he stays injury free.
It's a shame it won't be with us, but that's what you get with loan signings.......they are never yours

Back