• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Bromley Blue

The artist formerly known as the_saafender
I've just listened to Phil Brown's post-match interview and when asked about Stephen McLaughlin's injury he started listing off people that could come in to the squad to replace him.

Zavon Hines wasn't mentioned and to my knowledge hasn't yet made the bench for us. Is he just not match fit yet or is something else going on?

I think in a recent interview PB said existing fringe players had been really performing well in training and he couldn't justify putting Hines on the bench ahead of these.
Mind you I can see him being on the bench tomorrow if he is fit.

Since he signed it has given McGlashan and Bridge a massive kick up the backside. Both are absolutely flying in training. Zavon Hines doesn't pull up trees in training, so they have been selected ahead of him with limited spaces on the bench. But now with the Macca injury, it could all change.

Since he signed it has given McGlashan and Bridge a massive kick up the backside. Both are absolutely flying in training. Zavon Hines doesn't pull up trees in training, so they have been selected ahead of him with limited spaces on the bench. But now with the Macca injury, it could all change.

Hines isn't pulling up trees during training !

You have to question the wisdom of some of these signings.

Would have thought Hines would be busting a gut to impress Phil.

I think when players have had both knees operated on, they tend to take it easier than others in training.

Great generic comment there " these signings" ... yeah because I've bee so disppointed with Cox, Ferdinand , Ranger, Fortune ... have a day off... please at least wait until we lose to be the merchant of doom, because all this negativity when we are 12 unbeaten is just shockingly sad and desperate !

According to Brown yes. If Zavon's not in the bench tomorrow though, I smell an Umbongo being the real reason :unsure:

I've just listened to Phil Brown's post-match interview and when asked about Stephen McLaughlin's injury he started listing off people that could come in to the squad to replace him.

Zavon Hines wasn't mentioned and to my knowledge hasn't yet made the bench for us. Is he just not match fit yet or is something else going on?

The rumour that I heard was that it was 'something else going on' and has been mentioned previously in other threads.

According to Brown yes. If Zavon's not in the bench tomorrow though, I smell an Umbongo being the real reason :unsure:

Why can't you just believe what PB is telling you? He wants to pick 2 from 3...McGlashan, Bridge and Hines. The first 2 are giving their all in training, the 3rd is looking after himself too much. I've seen it for myself to back PB up.

Why can't you just believe what PB is telling you? He wants to pick 2 from 3...McGlashan, Bridge and Hines. The first 2 are giving their all in training, the 3rd is looking after himself too much. I've seen it for myself to back PB up.

I hope you're right, however (he, or more accurately we, as a club) have history in covering bad news up, the Inness court case being the most recent example (mystery injury). It just seems strange to me that PB made such a big deal of him going straight in to the squad in the Echo, then it doesn't happen.

Great generic comment there " these signings" ... yeah because I've bee so disppointed with Cox, Ferdinand , Ranger, Fortune ... have a day off... please at least wait until we lose to be the merchant of doom, because all this negativity when we are 12 unbeaten is just shockingly sad and desperate !

Fortune his pitch time is not very much,I reckon he has featured in a third of league games.
Ranger when fit is a handful,how many games has he missed so far...10 possibly ?so nearly half the season.
Cox has recently turned it around.
Ferdy is excellent and a good signing do long he remains fit.

Hines with dodgy knees,how many games will be feature in this season...15 possibly in fits and starts.

12 unbeaten is bloody superb and long may it continue.

I thought an umbongo affects transfers only, which doesn't apply to Hines. He was a free agent and Fortune has signed a new contract which again wouldn't be affected.

If however it affects signings full stop, then presumably Fortune wouldn't have been able to sign either.

Don't think it's this.

Am I the only one who doesn't quite gel with this "pulling up trees" in training malarky?

Surely it's what the players do on the pitch for the real matches that counts? There are plenty of players who can dance around in training and do fancy tricks with their eyes closed but it is a completely different thing to do it at 3:00 p.m. on a Saturday.

Come on Phil - let us see what Zaffo can do against Swindeo please (albeit from the bench I suspect).

If Hine showed his promise that West Ham picked him in Premiership and we got hellva of a player on our hand, he need to focus on doing damage to Swindon back 4, no silly rash tackle & try to avoid picking up injuries, he haven't played a league game since 2015!

Back