• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Zero hour contracts

Miliband can get as tough as he likes,. He cant do anything about it though.

Do you know if he has any plans to "get tough" on benefit scroungers and illegal immigrants?

Zero hours contracts should be made illegal.If the Tories do it before the next election, that's fine with me.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-23554409

I'm on a zero hours contract but I earn decent money and have built up enough of a buffer zone to absorb any periods of not working.

What should be banned employing people on low wages and not offering them guaranteed hours so they can ensure they can afford to live.

What should be banned employing people on low wages and not offering them guaranteed hours so they can ensure they can afford to live.

Exactly, too often they are offered to people that don't have any choice, JobCentres are sending people on interviews with these kind of contracts. They don't help people who are on JSA!

Nobody is forced to take a zero hours contract job.

Don't be silly.

This is exactly the kind of issue that should be on the table and, if the criticism of Milliband has dragged him towards genuine, necessary political change then I hope that the slaggings continue. The current job market is weighted far too much towards unscrupulous employers and it has to change.

Don't be silly.

This is exactly the kind of issue that should be on the table and, if the criticism of Milliband has dragged him towards genuine, necessary political change then I hope that the slaggings continue.

Ok so work the zero hours contracts, get some work experience and try to get a more secure job.

The current job market is weighted far too much towards unscrupulous employers and it has to change.

Great idea, lets go back to the 70's when Arthur Scargill ran the country.

Ok so work the zero hours contracts, get some work experience and try to get a more secure job.

Great idea, lets go back to the 70's when Arthur Scargill ran the country.

Arthur Scargill never ran the country. He was the leader of the Yorkshire Miners during this time. The same people run the country then as they do now. Only a lot easier than they did then.

Back