• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Zone Update Zone Christmas Raffle, supporting One Love soup kitchen, FINAL TOTAL

Perhaps we can make this a regular annual thing?

We will Paul and I am staggered and humbled that even people who are suffering themselves still give.

Anybody could be in the same boat as those less fortunate than us.

Simply Amazing how kind some are. :Worthy: It's in the giving that you receive.

Last edited:
Hi all.

The Raffle will now close tomorrow evening Friday the 20th Dec and the draw will will take place by @Rootshallbloke on his random computer programme over the weekend and the winners will be announced.

All those that have volunteed to donate any winnings to One Love thank you so much and they are starred in red **

Here are the Prizes and Good Luck.

1st prize £130.00

2nd prize £75.00

3rd prize £50.00

Cricko ** 14 tkts.
@The Big Dady ** 14 tkts
@Rootshallbloke ** 7 tkts
@UTB 7 tkts
@OldBlueLady 7 tkts
@DoDTS 7 tkts
@South Bank Hank ** 35 tkts
@GROWLER 14 tkts
@Spaceman Spiff ** 14 tkts
@irenbird 7 tkts
@Lord Football ** 7 tkts
@MK Shrimper ** 7 tkts
@Tinks 3 tkts
@Camden Blues 14 tkts
@South Bucks Shrimper 7 tkts
@Tangled up in Blue ** 7 tkts
@Chalkwell Shrimper ** 14 tkts
@Museshrimper ** 14 tkts
@Rayleigh Weir ** 14 tkts
@AndyT ** 7 tkts
@delr ** 14 tkts.
@Another Surrey Shrimper 7 tkts
@Green Wizard 3 tkts

Those that have given direct donations, thank you very much, we intend to send the full amount over to One Love on Monday as an early Christmas present to them and all the wonderful selfless work they do for others. We will let you know the amounts You have donated then.

Lastly it is not to late to donate or get some tickets, You have until tomorrow night.

John X

Last edited:
If you're still interested in taking part in the Zone Christmas Raffle, you have until midnight tonight to get your name in the pot. The three prize winners will be announced early Saturday morning. Good luck all and thanks for taking part in this raffle and a huge thanks to @Cricko for the organisation of the event.

Can you use a card without going through PayPal? I tried to just use a card and having hit the donate button twice without any movement in the page thought it better to stop.

Can you use a card without going through PayPal? I tried to just use a card and having hit the donate button twice without any movement in the page thought it better to stop.
Ok, @Green Wizard. When you first hit the donate button at the top of the page you should get two option buttons, one says 'Donate', the other says 'Donate with card'. Choose the latter and you should be well on your way to parting with some dosh. Let me know if you have grief.

Dont forget to enter an amount before hitting the donate with card button.

Cheers mate.

Last edited:
This has been a briliant effort by Zoners to play their part for Charity. This year it was for the One Love Soup Kitchen, and as a result of your generosity homeless people in Southend will have a Christmas dinner this year. Thank you all so much.

So, are you a winner of the ShrimperZone Christmas Raffle 2019? Check the tickets below. (Big tickets for a big competition!)

1576914707961.png

1576914729485.png

1576914757273.png

Last edited by a moderator:
It has been an honour for myself and @Rootshallbloke to be able to run this raffle this year.

I am humbled by all Zoners that took part and gave so generously when I know they support so many others out there in need,

Congratulations to the winners and I will sort the final total we are handing over to One Love Soup Kitchen Southend. ASAP.

Once again you have all touched my heart and IT IS in the giving that you receive the most.

Much love, and WE WILL do it again next year, just a little earlier than starting a week into December. x

Just awaiting our 2nd prize winner to log on and we will have the total as Prize winners 1 and 3 kindly donated any winnings straight to One Love. :Worthy:

Typical, I bet he is out Christmas shopping, :Smile2:

Last edited:
Typical - first time I ever win anything and i
Give it away ?
Must say it feels good to win something at last but it feels even better - in fact a bit emotional -to see it go to a great cause.
Again well done guys - very proud of you.

Typical - first time I ever win anything and i
Give it away ?
Must say it feels good to win something at last but it feels even better - in fact a bit emotional -to see it go to a great cause.
Again well done guys - very proud of you.

Thank you and what you said is exactly what I mean in saying when you give, YOU receive the most.

Last edited:
Morning all.

This thread asking our Members to help us with supporting One Love Soup Kitchens in Southend was only started on the 6th of this month and closed just 2 weeks later.

In that short time you have shown the caring you have for others in a time of need when most of you are no doubt helping elsewhere anyway.

Some opted for Raflle tickets but still donated any winnings to One Love, others donated directly to the fund and another gave his winnings from a Sweepstake on here to the fund.

It bought a bit of fun to the whole thread, but simply put I knew nobody was going to take any winnings and I guess that is really what it is all about.

I have just totalled up the figures, (did I need to) You Gave Everything! :Worthy:

I cannot thank you enough and am so pleased to announce that you all helped others to the tune of:

£790.00

Fantastic, I am humbled by and grateful to you all and I will be sending the balance due to One Love off today.

Lastly and by no means leastly thank you to @Rootshallbloke for all his work with me.

See you all next Christmas for another (cough) Raffle.

John x

Last edited:
Kind words @Cricko, but all credit has to go to your youthful self. Without your drive, determination and enthusiasm this just wouldn't of happened. So very well done mate:Clap::Clap::Clap:

A win double with the SZ Deadpool :)

Hope my contribution helps to make some lives better this festive season.

Thanks for running this @Cricko and maybe we'd have a chat about doing something around the Southend Half Marathon.

A win double with the SZ Deadpool :)

Hope my contribution helps to make some lives better this festive season.

Thanks for running this @Cricko and maybe we'd have a chat about doing something around the Southend Half Marathon.
Does that mean this thread will run and run?

Back