• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Zone Update Zone Christmas Raffle, supporting One Love soup kitchen, FINAL TOTAL

I see the soup kitchen has come under fire over a dispute with a hotel owner.....Story in the Echo.

I saw that Gary, and it is total lies by the hotel owner. It is actually outrageous the comments added by a keyboard warrior that knows nothing. I know the full story and what the people who run One Love such as Zoey etc are saying is the 100% the truth and it how it is.

This has been discussed in detail this very morning with others, but there will always be somebody out there behind a keyboard who talks crap without knowing facts and a hotel owner completely in the wrong that wants to defend himself with bull****.

I saw that Gary, and it is total lies by the hotel owner. It is actually outrageous the comments added by a keyboard warrior that knows nothing. I know the full story and what the people who run One Love such as Zoey etc are saying is the 100% the truth and it how it is.

This has been discussed in detail this very morning with others, but there will always be somebody out there behind a keyboard who talks crap without knowing facts and a hotel owner completely in the wrong that wants to defend himself with bull****.

Yes i'm not accusing her of anything just interested from your point of view.

For a start i don't believe the No Show story as I run a Airbnb business myself and have made dozens of phone calls to find out where my late guests are. The only ones who didn't arrive was when the wife gave early birth that morning......I still managed to speak to them and kept it open for her sister then next day.

Yes i'm not accusing her of anything just interested from your point of view.

For a start i don't believe the No Show story as I run a Airbnb business myself and have made dozens of phone calls to find out where my late guests are. The only ones who didn't arrive was when the wife gave early birth that morning......I still managed to speak to them and kept it open for her sister then next day.

It was co-ordinated with another local homeless group "Off the Streets" It is so disappointing for all those out there that give their time freely to help others and they get a backlash and total lies spread about them.

I will be there this afternoon and no doubt it will be a topic of conversation, but it's one we just have to brush off and take on the chin. We can try to defend it all we like, but it's "out there" and could cause untold damage which is totally unfair.

Last edited:
Thanks Geoff, I will defend One Love/ Off the streets to the hilt on this. I see the Echo has seen some sense in deleting most of the truly offensive comments.

Thanks Geoff, I will defend One Love/ Off the streets to the hilt on this. I see the Echo has seen some sense in deleting most of the truly offensive comments.

The Trust have done a fair bit with Off the Streets, all genuine people trying to help others.

Back