• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Save our Southend Zoom video with SOS and Stan Collymore

I’m ten minutes in. Loving this already. Still can’t believe he retired at 30. I always forget that. He is exactly what the club needs. So much passsion from him. Love hearing from Tilly too.

I also liked how Tilly said get some local players in that’s so true and what about a local coaching team with ex players? Get A feel good factor back at the club with some Nostalgia.

Last edited:
Cometh the hour, cometh the man.
well done to all participants. Very constructive. Great to see Tilly there too. Very interested in what he had to say about wages and recruitment.
I don’t know what it is but the genuine love Stan has for us and the club gets me right in the feels every time.
thankyou to everyone involved in that tonight ?

Just finished watching it, Thanks so much all, I already feel more positive than I have in the last 4 or 5 years.

This may still be a long hard road, but if we can bottle this feeling of having a concise and factual discussion and minimising conjecture and anecdotes, then I feel we may get back on track to having the sustainable, successful, community club that will once again see players, fans officials, directors and owner(s) all pulling in the same direction and having a club to be proud of once more. And maybe, just maybe we can go and rattle some big cages further up the footballing tree once more!

UTB

An incredible 90 minutes, thankyou Scott and everyone involved in making this happen for all our benefit. In these darkest of days how wonderful to hear a man with as high a profile as Stan Collymore, speak with such pride and passion about our club, our passion.
Truly wonderful and has given me some hope for the future where there was none before.

@stan collymore , if you see this...just thankyou. Thankyou for those astonishing days you pulled on the blue shirt, thankyou for being a influential supporter of the club ever since and thankyou for what you are doing now.

Last edited:
Wow I’m astounded. This is going to be a long hard slog. But I’m feeling a real sense of hope. Can feel so lost in this pool / football world - like nobody cares or understands.

And then bang, 8pm out the *blue* Stan Collymore who my dad told me stories about (I was 3, but like all the old stories, they’ve been told so many times I feel like I was there from the 70s to when I started going in 98.) arranges a phone call to talk about a sustainable model and mentions St Pauli in the same sentence.

What a feeling to have it confirmed - You are not alone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just watched it before work. Great input from all concerned,,,Very well done to @TrueBlue and all of you and of course to Stan for making this happen.?

Whether it will make the slightest difference to RM and "his ways" we shall see after Stan has his chat today and the next Zoom meeting next week.

Let's keep up this pressure people..All fans United for our club. SUFC. :LoyalSupporter:

I just watched it before work. Great input from all concerned,,,Very well done to @TrueBlue and all of you and of course to Stan for making this happen.?

Whether it will make the slightest difference to RM and "his ways" we shall see after Stan has his chat today and the next Zoom meeting next week.

Let's keep up this pressure people..All fans United for our club. SUFC. :LoyalSupporter:
We have worked really hard behind the scenes and this is the fruits of that work! We can’t stop now, we won’t stop now.
SAVE OUR SOUTHEND

1:30 in and Stan has already announced he has done some due diligence. That's probably more than has gone on at the club for the last couple of years.

Best of luck to Stan today. Let's hope something comes out of it. Well done guys, that was excellent. You were the voice of the fans, and got across very well the problems at the club and the problems with the Chairman. Also our hopes for the future. Scott, you've come a long way from that bare chested blue voice youth, and that weird caravan video. Hats off to you. You are a credit.

Stan is a very good talker......should be on Tv more, a natural and a great spokesman to weed out the truth from the car dealer ( would be a first time though)

Thank you and well done to all who took part in the Zoom meeting, especially to Scott and Stan for setting it up at such short notice. I felt the collective fans put across to Stan all the things that cause concern to most of us. There were some extremely valid points made and also a few facts revealed of which I was not aware, so it was enlightening too. I am sure it has given Stan a clearer picture of the state of the club and the way Ron has run it over the past few years.

I sincerely hope Ron listens and cooperates with Stan. I suspect there will be many twists and turns from Ron just because of the way he is but at least we now have means to exert some pressure upon him.

Back