• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Save our Southend Zoom video with SOS and Stan Collymore

Does anyone know what time Stan/Ron are meeting today and if any RM statement is inbound? I assume he might be holding fire until their meeting is done and dusted.

Listened to the whole call as I walked the (now shagged out) dog for an hour and a half. Very interesting, informative and, most crucially, balanced and constructive. No lazy RM slaggings but everyone clearly focused on one aim - securing and bettering the future of the club. When Stan came to us, he had a reputation as a bit of a hothead and trouble - who would have believed as we drooled over him on the pitch that 27 years later his love for the club would still be so strong and his respect within the game would be so wide ranging.

Interesting to see BBC online article about drive by Govt for 50%+1 ownership of clubs. I've told 'em to talk to Stan.

Well done to everyone who organised, and attended, on that call - highlight has to be Tilly not knowing RM had a secretary!!

Better check back on the dog now!

Listened to the whole call as I walked the (now shagged out) dog for an hour and a half. Very interesting, informative and, most crucially, balanced and constructive. No lazy RM slaggings but everyone clearly focused on one aim - securing and bettering the future of the club. When Stan came to us, he had a reputation as a bit of a hothead and trouble - who would have believed as we drooled over him on the pitch that 27 years later his love for the club would still be so strong and his respect within the game would be so wide ranging.

Interesting to see BBC online article about drive by Govt for 50%+1 ownership of clubs. I've told 'em to talk to Stan.

Well done to everyone who organised, and attended, on that call - highlight has to be Tilly not knowing RM had a secretary!!

Better check back on the dog now!
To be fair I slagged Ron off but I couldn’t help it

Considering this was arranged at about 2 hours notice, it was a superb 90mins. Organised, structured and most of all focused. No waffle, no chat about onions or next seasons kit. Genuine passionate chat about things that matter. All the groups/fans present all pulling together in the same direction and ALL in agreement that change is needed. Ron now needs to engage with Stan positively. None of his bull**** statements, but actual visible changes to day to day operations of OUR club. Failure to do so and the heat will be turned up further from all sides. Make no mistake.....We do have the power to enact change, but we ALL must Unite for this change to happen.

Last edited:
Ive just watched the meeting. Well done to everyone who contributed.

To Stanley V Collymore:

Thanks for two things firstly; For the joy your play gave us all those years ago and for your very welcome and valuable input you are making to help come back from this potentially terminal crisis. I don't live in Essex as of 40 plus years so it's not as easy to be involved as I would like.

I'd like to briefly add what I see the problem to be. Sadly all of this malaise is down to Mr Martin. Cashflow, structure and sustainability are beyond eratic. I think there is a large consensus to see him leave but I dont see this as being curently realistic. We need to work with him in the immediacy and then, when he is at least no longer involved in a football capacity, we can move forward.

Beyond that I would respectfully suggest that our special club is run no better than a local park side or a touring circus.
Mr Martin needs to have nothing to do with the football side of SUFC.
It was interesting to hear your views on German Football. I lived there and followed the two Frankfurt clubs. What we need is an ownership hierachy more akin to their model, and quickly before we see another Bury F.C TRAGEDY!!

The Zoom call did lift my spirits a bit and its tremendous to hear Steve Tilsons' views. Another true Southend United legend.

So thanks again and good luck with your meeting with Uncle Ron, at least the pandemic prohibits the need to shake hands with him in fear of losing a digit.

UTB

Barnet Blue

Can't help but think Ron currently has this siege mentality thinking us fans are here to take his nest egg away, but it couldn't be further from the truth.

He can earn all he wants from the property deals. He can shovel pound notes into his fireplace at home to keep him cosy in the cold winter months for all I care. The housing is his business, not for us fans to get involved there.

However, the football side of things we should have a massive say. This is where my frustration comes from and probably where a lot of people's frustrations come from. This is where Stan and any entourage he can assemble should be getting involved, whether by helping or by mounting an aggressive takeover and ultimately that shall depend on Ron's level of cooperation.

Big thanks to @stan collymore @TrueBlue and everyone else involved for holding such a productive conversation. Probably the most important 90 minutes for the direction of the club, more important than any game.
Very well said Sir!
Mr Martins plans are imoral, but as far as we know legal

Will we get any where we all know how Ron Martin likes to sweep things under the carpet we will struggle in the national league

I just watched the whole call....absolutely brilliant guys, just brilliant. Well done to everyone involved - spot on contributions.

As for Stanley Collymore what a hero. 27 years after he was carried off the pitch by the fans having saved us from relegation he returns to help us in our darkest hour. It’s the stuff statues are made of.

It’s all very poetic.....

the club is struck by a killer blow by Colchester years after we beat them to the title... then orient step up to finish us off... but then Stan turns up and HOPEFULLY gives us that light that we so desperately need!
Could not write this ****!

Does anyone know what time Stan/Ron are meeting today and if any RM statement is inbound? I assume he might be holding fire until their meeting is done and dusted.
We won’t be making further comment till after the meeting and I have spoke with Stan, if Ron plays ball there is hope and if not Stan has already told us he will light Ron up like the 4th of July and then our movement will push to the national stage!

We won’t be making further comment till after the meeting and I have spoke with Stan, if Ron plays ball there is hope and if not Stan has already told us he will light Ron up like the 4th of July and then our movement will push to the national stage!
All good stuff, you guys have all my support and I'm sure plenty of others are pleased to see action ? great zoom session last night too, listened to it while I was getting through my morning work.

Ive just watched the meeting. Well done to everyone who contributed.

To Stanley V Collymore:

Thanks for two things firstly; For the joy your play gave us all those years ago and for your very welcome and valuable input you are making to help come back from this potentially terminal crisis. I don't live in Essex as of 40 plus years so it's not as easy to be involved as I would like.

I'd like to briefly add what I see the problem to be. Sadly all of this malaise is down to Mr Martin. Cashflow, structure and sustainability are beyond eratic. I think there is a large consensus to see him leave but I dont see this as being curently realistic. We need to work with him in the immediacy and then, when he is at least no longer involved in a football capacity, we can move forward.

Beyond that I would respectfully suggest that our special club is run no better than a local park side or a touring circus.
Mr Martin needs to have nothing to do with the football side of SUFC.
It was interesting to hear your views on German Football. I lived there and followed the two Frankfurt clubs. What we need is an ownership hierachy more akin to their model, and quickly before we see another Bury F.C TRAGEDY!!

The Zoom call did lift my spirits a bit and its tremendous to hear Steve Tilsons' views. Another true Southend United legend.

So thanks again and good luck with your meeting with Uncle Ron, at least the pandemic prohibits the need to shake hands with him in fear of losing a digit.

UTB

Barnet Blue
I will screen shot and text that to Stan (if that’s ok with you), he will be delighted to hear what you have said!

what I loved about last night was Stan was there taking notes like he was in a job interview! Pure class from him! Shrimperzone got name dropped a few times by him @Cricko you be pleased to hear

Ive already thanked Scott, Stan and the others members of this group for the zoom. fascinating to watch and at last it gives us a glimmer of hope for a brighter future. Its only the start and many tough days ahead but i just hope and pray that Ron at last will sit and listen to the fans and in particular open himself up to the ideas being put forward. We have a tough few months ahead especially with having to appt a new manager and sign a whole new team but Ron needs help and support and must take note of what is being offered and put forward. Well done to all involved

Back