• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ah, I guess it would make sense then, although any team under embargo seems to be reported these days, as I believe we were last time?

I don't think the FA ever makes any announcements about embargoes and clubs usually try to keep it under wraps for as long as possible.
Since our last embargo, people have 'cried wolf' so many times about further embargoes it's difficult to know what to believe.

It could just be that the club is waiting for Mohsni to leave in order to bring in/free up some more wage funds before being able to let players actually put pen to paper.

Chris Phillips tweeted earlier today that Mohsni's still with Wet Spam, but Southend have refused him permission to play for them in their friendly tomorrow. Maybe suggesting we have another club on stand-by and are forcing Wet Spam to finally make a decision one way or another?

No idea, numerous people keep alluding to it when seemingly there is no evidence to support it apart from the fact we haven't signed anyone for a while. Just curious if there is actual proof that some of us aren't aware of.

If they had signed just pre contract agreements surely it would have been reported as such, like it was last time.
My source reckons those "signed" are on pre-contracts, and that there is a very definite umbongo in place due to late filing of accounts. This should only be in place for a few days more after which time we should hopefully be able to sign a GK.

I'm calling bollocks on the pre-contracts, I'm afraid. Doesn't stack up with the players who have signed - especially Straker as I don't see why Aldershot would be playing along.

Wouldn't surprise me if something has happened subsequent to that though, as I said a couple of weeks ago.

I'm calling bollocks on the pre-contracts, I'm afraid. Doesn't stack up with the players who have signed - especially Straker as I don't see why Aldershot would be playing along.

Wouldn't surprise me if something has happened subsequent to that though, as I said a couple of weeks ago.

No I'd agree Beefy, I reckon Straker, Cresswell and Freddy are all ok, it's those subsequently where the issue is.

Our accounts have been filed late every year in living memory! People also jumped on Liam Dickinson's incorrect statement about not being paid.

There seems no evidence of an embargo.

Our accounts have been filed late every year in living memory! People also jumped on Liam Dickinson's incorrect statement about not being paid.

There seems no evidence of an embargo.

The lack of a goalkeeper not indicative? :unsure:

I wouldn't see the lack of a goalkeeper as a sign of an embargo, if you've been given solid information then thats fair enough but anyone taking the lack of a goalkeeper as a sign of an embargo is really jumping to conclusions. I really believe Sturrock has something up his sleeve with regards to a keeper and is just waiting to pull it off. Perhaps waiting for Bilel to go to free up some wages first or something similar. As I say if someone in the know says there is an embargo thats fair enough, even then it may not be true, but the fact we have yet to sign a goalkeeper is in my opinion no way indicative of being under embargo.

Thats just assuming though. I know everyone on here worries because of whats happened in the past, and maybe I'm being overly optimistic. After all, I'm only assuming that we aren't under embargo.

Dont believe theres any embargo- just more idle speculation with zero evidence. We want a GK and a CM- irons are in the fire and luggy wants the best he can get. He's not going to be rushed because we are all inpatient.

So Richard Wright has been on trial at Colchester....and wants to stay near East Anglia. So not out of the question surely? Wonder if one of the irons in the fire explaining a delayed decision?

I would not be surprised if a couple of the 'targets' are quite simply waiting to see if they get better (for that read higher wages) offers elsewhere.

I see nothing wrong in that as they have families for instance to take into account - if/once they sign I am sure they will be fully committed.

Having said all that, time is beginning to run out so I would like to see some developments in the next week or so!

And one last thought .... Moussa is still unattached .......:omg:

With any luck Sturrock is holding out to sell the likes of Bilel and Hall to raise some funds to bring in new players, there is no point taking any old crap like Sturrock did when he first come in.

We are a title chasing side and nothing but the best will do

12 Aug 2012 08:20:32
Crawley are set to pay Southend 100k for a season long loan deal for Bilel Mohsni with option to buy him for 250k at the end of the season, due to his Rolling contract they wont get him on a free. Monaco and West Ham are also monitoring the situation.

12 Aug 2012 17:23:58
Northampton's Akinfenwa to Southend for 55k and Barry Corr on a 6 month loan as part of the deal, Gunnar Nilsen(GK, Free deal) and Daryl Atkins, 21 years old (striker,20k) also expected to join this Southend week.

Where do they get this crap from?

12 Aug 2012 08:20:32
Crawley are set to pay Southend 100k for a season long loan deal for Bilel Mohsni with option to buy him for 250k at the end of the season, due to his Rolling contract they wont get him on a free. Monaco and West Ham are also monitoring the situation.

12 Aug 2012 17:23:58
Northampton's Akinfenwa to Southend for 55k and Barry Corr on a 6 month loan as part of the deal, Gunnar Nilsen(GK, Free deal) and Daryl Atkins, 21 years old (striker,20k) also expected to join this Southend week.

Where do they get this crap from?

Why dont we put all players on 'rolling contracts' if that means they cant go for a free. Sounds like a rock solid contract to me. !

Who actually posts this rubbish ?

Back