• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Sorry, what context are you using the word 'puerile'? If you are referring to the behaviour of the rest of the squad/management then surely based on pretty much all of BM's antics he should have been feeling like a pig in the proverbial......

You may well have a point but surely if one is an adult then you don't attempt to counter a child's tantrum by having one yourself? (Although many modern parents do seem to adopt this strategy in local supermarkets.)

This notwithstanding, my opinion of the modern, cossetted footballer is hardly rising over the years.

You may well have a point but surely if one is an adult then you don't attempt to counter a child's tantrum by having one yourself? (Although many modern parents do seem to adopt this strategy in local supermarkets.)

This notwithstanding, my opinion of the modern, cossetted footballer is hardly rising over the years.
No, according to what I see over and over again, both in documentaries and with my own eyes in shops, is giving in to the tantrums. Which, for me, is worse. I look at Sturrock as the parent and Mohsni the petulant child, Sturrock has nurtured, cosseted and protected the boy, now it's time for him to fly the nest.

From what I hear BM didn't go to Celtic. All part of a move to get club to accept West Hams offer on the table a minute before deadline finishes.

Not sure how desperate West Ham are for a 25 year old untested defender that they will be pressured into a last minute signing.

I bet BM won't go anywhere and we'll pay him on gardening leave until his contract expires. :thumbdown:

I bet BM won't go anywhere and we'll pay him on gardening leave until his contract expires. :thumbdown:

As much as it pains me to say it given what has happened , if he doesn't go and we continue to struggle , then he should be 'considered' for selection

we've had no concrete offers for any of our players

I'd have thought we'd be asking for cash, oh hang on unless ...

:sherlock:

Martin has run out of credit at all his building suppliers and wants to exchange a few players for the footings to RonWorld

simples :smile:

mohsni to go on loan?

heard a rumour that Southend have received interest from a couple of clubs eyeing up a loan move for bilel how does this effect us though if this does happen. are we more bothered about getting rid of he wages or getting a price right away? .

in my eyes it could be good. if he performs then we could demand more than 200k in Jan. or do we need the money for a transfer right now?

:unsure:

heard a rumour that Southend have received interest from a couple of clubs eyeing up a loan move for bilel how does this effect us though if this does happen. are we more bothered about getting rid of he wages or getting a price right away? .

in my eyes it could be good. if he performs then we could demand more than 200k in Jan. or do we need the money for a transfer right now?

:unsure:

I can't imagine Bilel is on a very big wage, but we are skint and need the money from a sale so can't see how a loan deal is good for either party.

We won't get £200k in January when he'd have 4 months of his contract left, teams would wait until it expired and snap him up on a freebie.

He can go on loan any time so zero chance of that before the dealine- and the priority will be a sale before the deadline

We wouldn't necessarily get a lower fee for him in January. In fact, it is a sellers market as clubs only have four months left of the season and they tend to be more desperate than they are in August.

If we can't get a fee a loan move isn't a bad move for us, gets him in the shop window.

Does give us an option if the deal isn't done by tomorrow night to make a loan deal with permanent transfer in Jan, that being said I'm guessing we would need the money to buy someone before tomorrow.

Back