• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours I have just heard news about Mohsni

Absolutely love this news. I go to football to be entertained and moshni is an entertainer.

We were in desparate times with the squad and sturrock was big enough to make this decision and moshni is ready to come back. I couldn't give a toss about the past.

I also like a gamble and didn't think we had much chance of promotion before todays news. We've rolled the dice and it could pay off big time. If it doesn't then we don't go up and he leaves in May.

Anyone who gets on their high horse on this issue and/or boos today needs their head examining and should get some perspective. We need him; he needs us. Deal agreed by both parties. End of. Moshni is a shrimper again until May and I'll treat him with the respect that we should treat all our players with.

I be said before that he wouldnt play for us again and that he was a joke - personally I still feel this , but I support Southend, whichever 11 play and will support the team and players as is required at any game regardless of opinion of a player - we are Southend fans !

Moshni hasnt killed anyone or commuted a crime he has just been an absolute arrogant pillock - but 3 points today is the requirement !

UTB's

Doing a U-turn is something we should all be prepared to do when circumstances (the context) change.
When context changes we need to be prepared to change.

So what was the context within which manager and CEO had said Bilel will never play for SUFC again:

1. we are building a team without him
  2. lack of respect to the club
  3. above his station
  4. he’d had lots of chances - a loose canon too often
  5. well get a fee for him so let him go
  6. had upset most if not all of the senior players
  7. unsure of his position

Bearing in mind points 1-7 it would have been wrong to bring him back at ANY TIME to displace the keen squad players who have behaved well and are waiting their chance. ie would be totally wrong for Bilel to come back and ‘jump’ the team selection queue - and there would be no point having him back and not even making the bench

The context we find ourselves in today is:

1) Struggling to field a team in particular short on defenders

2) The fringe players are either playing or have had their chance to impress.

3) Most of the senior players are currently unavailable

4) We could get annihilated if we have to play Spillane at centre back (where apart from Tuesday he’s not played for years and did not look comfortable) and in any case we need him in the holding position in midfield

5) Getting Annihilated today would make us very vulnerable for Wednesday.

6) There appears to be a virus in the camp - who else might get the bug for today or Wednesday

7) We are so desperate we are even at the maximum with permitted loans so an extra man becoming available is god-sent

8) We are desperate for money (Even more than beginning of the season?)

9) If we could rehabilitate Bilel under these circumstances it will bring more money into the club and is potentially be a win-win-win though it obviously carries its risks

10) And Bilel is quoted as saying:

“First of all I would like to just apologise to everyone at the Club for what has happened in the past.
“The manager and I have spoken about returning to the Club. The manager has always been very good with me and I have returned to repay the faith he has put in me.
“Hopefully I can play a big part in helping the Club after all the injuries they’ve suffered over the last few weeks.”

FInally and importantly on a personal level it looks like Sturrock has never treated Bilel with disrespect despite what has gone on. This return would backfire if the player no longer had respect for the manager.

Context is actually the thing that makes meaning to anything.

The idea that Bilel would never play for Southend again was in the context of all those months ago. In the context of today it makes really good sense.

Now we just need to keep our fingers crossed that Bilel has learn a lot about the game, his beliefs and his temper whist he has not actually been playing!

Get today and Wednesday done and dusted, get to Wembley and get Barker, Cresswell and Phillips back and mutually agree to tear up his contract.

Mohsni can leave, I am sure a few clubs would have him for nothing and he could join as a free agent. Were at Wembley and got shot of a disruptive influence.

As an aside, I would love to know what Mayor makes of all this...... Must make Brizzle Rovers look like the acme of stability...

:smile:

I be said before that he wouldnt play for us again and that he was a joke - personally I still feel this , but I support Southend, whichever 11 play and will support the team and players as is required at any game regardless of opinion of a player - we are Southend fans !

Moshni hasnt killed anyone or commuted a crime he has just been an absolute arrogant pillock - but 3 points today is the requirement !

UTB's

Roughly what you've said :thumbsup:........................anyway, he's not expecting to get paid for playing today, is he? :winking:

I wasn't and to a certain still am not keen on having him back, because I do t fully trust him and his ability to be disciplined. Add to that all that's gone on in the past and it leaves a bad taste. But we are desperate. Dire straits. With all due respect to our loanees, we can't keep taking a punt on a young loanee to make up the numbers. Mohsni is registered with us so we may as well use him. I'd still be very surprised if he stays beyond the end of the season.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

doesn't want to be here, does he? i seem to remember him saying he wouldn't play for us again, and refusing to train with our first team. as such, not entirely sure why he's been selected today and feel sorry for those players that have honoured their contracts and aren't in the first team.

Would he have come back if we didn't have a chance of wembley , or have a televised match next week ? i dont think so .

So what now ? say he plays a blinder today , does this mean that a fit Phillips has to sit and watch from here on in ? Can see this causing nothing but massive problems going forward .

IMHO we are FAR better off without him , but like any other fan i will still cheer if he scores or when he does some other good work , but i wont be crying if he gets sent off thats for sure .

any player who is injured or suspended knows that someone else will play while they can't, if that someone plays a blinder then they keep their place.
If the manager can accept this is the best option under the circumstances then we can - our contact with him is generally no contact at all

doesn't want to be here, does he? i seem to remember him saying he wouldn't play for us again, and refusing to train with our first team. as such, not entirely sure why he's been selected today and feel sorry for those players that have honoured their contracts and aren't in the first team.

Who are these first team players who you're feeling sorry for? Mohsni is playing centre-half. The only other centre-half on the books who is fit to play is our assistant manager who hasn't played in two years.

So its in 'desperation' that we've had to swallow pride & get him back. just wonder what he's cost us? He would surely have only done it on certain terms or conditions...

just wonder what he's cost us? He would surely have only done it on certain terms or conditions...
I don't see this at all.

He's been given a chance to play football when it was looking ever increasingly like he would never again, I really don't see him throwing demands around to be honest.

Back