• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Southend, Orient, Palace, Bournemouth, Gillingham... 2 years time my money's on a move to Dagenham.

Call me emotional, reminiscent and living in the past but it ****ing sucks that adam barrett is the captain of gillingham. I know a lot people think he was overrated but he was a symbol of the spirit and winning mentality that ran through the squad.

Call me emotional, reminiscent and living in the past but it ****ing sucks that adam barrett is the captain of gillingham. I know a lot people think he was overrated but he was a symbol of the spirit and winning mentality that ran through the squad.

Agreed mate.

I hadn't really thought much about AB being at Gillingham (other than when they played us obviously) until he scored an equaliser right at the end of thir game last week. Classic Barrett.

He was a top man for us , real inspiration.
If we had him now though , him and Cresswell would only get in each others way when we had a corner !

He was a top man for us , real inspiration.
If we had him now though , him and Cresswell would only get in each others way when we had a corner !

They'd confuse whoever was supposed to be marking each of them though. They wouldn't be able to tell them apart.

I said to my Dad last week that Cresswell is slowly morphing into AB, both in looks, style and cult-hero status. Good job Cresswell is better though:winking:

I said to my Dad last week that Cresswell is slowly morphing into AB, both in looks, style and cult-hero status. Good job Cresswell is better though:winking:

Yeah, he's started to get penalised at every corner/free-kick we have.

Spot on.

Adam is a star and was an inspirational leader who always gave his best.

Gills gain - our loss - as confirmed by the guy who sponsored Gills recent home game against Aldershot.

Yes I saw Adam Barrett there too, having a beer and queueing up with the SUFC fans at one of the food outlets with his son and a friend. I went over and spoke to him and congratulated him on Gillingham's promotion the day before and he signed my ticket for me. A genuinely nice guy and still a Shrimper at heart for sure.

will he be able to cut it in league one next season tho, maybe they might just let him go at the end of the season, maybe a chance of him coming back here ?

Back