• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

He's hardly acting like a **** (presuming that is a naughty word). You know he's not a midfielder. I know he's not a midfielder. Only one person in this World think that he's a midfielder and that's the numpty managing us. Bilel deserves a round of applause for being the one to point that out.

So he's allowed to throw a strop because he's not playing in his favoured position? Oh boo hoo, my heart is bleeding. Deal with it, and act like a man not a petulant,pathetic schoolboy.

So he's allowed to throw a strop because he's not playing in his favoured position? Oh boo hoo, my heart is bleeding. Deal with it, and act like a man not a petulant,pathetic schoolboy.

Did he actually throw a strop? Where do you get your facts from? I would never play Bilel at CM because it's not a position he can play in effectively and a manager that does that hasn't a clue. Players sometime fill in, like Phillips did recently but if a player feels that isn't a good position to play in, and in Bilel's case, it's bloody obvious he can't play there, he has every right to say so. doesn't mean he threw a strop or acted like a Prima Donna

None, seeing as they act like squad players and not jumped up prima-donnas who think they're better than they actually are. Sturrock had him back, he's STILL acts like a ****, and yet you STILL defend him. Isn't it time you realised that you got BM very very wrong indeed?

Sorry MK but yourself and others are so way off kilter here.
PB played him at Wembley in a position that he was not equipt for ability wise or mentality wise, however, he tried his best as did they all.
But people were very quick to say he had 'cost us both goals' when in fact the first goal from the quick free kick there was plenty of time for others to be in their correct positions and for the 2nd goal Bilel was clearly fouled and again others were to be found wanting in their correct positions.
However, Bilel was a convenient scapegoat and for our own so called 'fans' to have abused him in such a way when he collected his losers medal to me is beyond my comprehension. But then I would never abuse one of our own players for the sake of it, I might be critical of them after the game either on here or in conversation but not during the game or as in this case at a Wembley final, sorry just don't understand why people would want to be so cruel, but maybe that's just me?

I appreciate others opinions that Bilel ****** the Club over, but with respect our Club does this on a regular basis to both its staff, players and managers so they can hardly be surprised when told by agents or others of more promising prospects the players/staff/Managers return the same amount of loyalty?
Having been fortunate to meet Bilel several times either at events or just on the street he is a decent guy and does not deserve such hatred to be directed to him.
If as has been rumoured/reported he was not over keen to play CM again against Rochdale on Wednesday to once again put himself in the firing line of our own 'supporters' then personally I understand and respect his decision. Just as I also have to respect PB's decision - albeit imo a mistake - to say ok Bilel on your way.

Anyway Bilel has gone now, so the haters can now move on to someone else.

Personally I love my football but at the end of the day it is a sport/entertainment provided for me by others who are fortunate to have ability or if lacking in ability at least I hope they try their best to entertain us for 90 minutes each week so whoever the next scapegoat should be I hope people can try not to hate quite so much and perhaps encourage/or at least try to understand instead - you will find it gives a much better return.

Phew, rant over, I knew I should have stayed off here for a couple of days :'(

NOW is the time when an administrator can move this thread to "ex-shrimpers"; last few times they have been a tad premature in doing so but Mystic Meg tells me Bilel has left the building.

Back to Paul Smith being the victim of abuse again!

Do we really need to have a fall guy on the pitch to get our kicks!

That's a response of someone in the wrong...very Wiggyesque

Oh ho ho. I'm far from wrong, in fact I think my original statement about him being a bag egg has been proven. All you in the Bilel fanclub are the ones who've been bitten on the arse. He did **** all since his return, he was absolutely dreadful in a match he had no right to play in, now he's ****ed off again. Tell me, who's the bigger fool - the fool or the one that's fooled by the fool?

A man would stand up for himself.

You don't know he's thrown a strop. You're just assuming it because it fits your agenda.

A man would stand up for himself.

You don't know he's thrown a strop. You're just assuming it because it fits your agenda.

No a man would get their head down and work. He's flounced off back to France, what do you call that then? Another wedding?:zzzzz:

If Brown has indeed binned Mohsni then that's done a bit to win me round to the tangoed one. He's had more lives than a cat at this club and it is time he went, which is a shame as there's a good footballer in there but we can't keep trying forever. It wasn't his fault he was asked to play midfield at Wembley, but maybe if he hadn't fallen over everytime a Crewe player touched him maybe the ref would have seen the foul in the build up to the 2nd goal. Certainly no player, even Bilel, deserved to be abused on their way to collect a medal at Wembley, shame on those that did so.

Oh ho ho. I'm far from wrong, in fact I think my original statement about him being a bag egg has been proven. All you in the Bilel fanclub are the ones who've been bitten on the arse. He did **** all since his return, he was absolutely dreadful in a match he had no right to play in, now he's ****ed off again. Tell me, who's the bigger fool - the fool or the one that's fooled by the fool?

You need to point the finger of blame on that one to Brown

To all those that belittled him as he accepted his medal at Wembley.SHAME on you all, you call yourselves supporters,I for one whether i liked the man or not would never belittle ,denigrate ,or boo a man playing for my club, each and everyone of you should take a good look at yourselves. So whose gonna be your target next season, Smith,Straker.Im feel ashamed at this point in time to think that you people call yourselves Southend supporters.

To all those that belittled him as he accepted his medal at Wembley.SHAME on you all, you call yourselves supporters,I for one whether i liked the man or not would never belittle ,denigrate ,or boo a man playing for my club, each and everyone of you should take a good look at yourselves. So whose gonna be your target next season, Smith,Straker.Im feel ashamed at this point in time to think that you people call yourselves Southend supporters.

There was hardly anyone left in our section of the ground by then - he wouldn't have heard a thing....

OBL, I agree in usual circumstances a player should never be booed if he is cr@p, lacks ability, is having a bad game/season etc However, In these circumstances it is a very very exceptional case. I was by the steps where the players walked on the way down, spoke to a few players who deserved a pat on the back and I also told Mr Mohsni how I felt (no shouting or swearing) as he lagged behind his teammates, last in line moping like a child....it's all an act.

The way in which he treated our club, managers, team-mates, employees and most importantly fans is an absolute disgrace. He was the main culprit in the loss of the dressing room, lack of discilpline during Sturrocks regime yet he was offered lifeline after lifeline. Sturrock needs to take some blame as he had double standards....backed Ryan Hall and sacked Johnson for a similar incident. Doesn't exactly inspire fairness and discipline does it.

As for that French overated evil actor, he fooled too many for far too long.

As a player, he never commanded and held down a regular spot in a same position for any noteworthy period of time. Whenever he got back in the side after a strop, injury, suspension, going AWOL etc etc he was decent for 2 maybe 3 games, then complacency kicked in and the tantrums kicked in along with the disruption of the side and squad.

Big games - plain and simply he never ever performed and in many he played a big part in us losing them. With the Anfield carot dangling, he missed sitters at home (that happens) and got sent off at Boundary Park in the replay. The play off away leg, he lost his man and missed sitters over both legs. Wembley, he never performed and was a huge part in both goals being conceeded. Other big games against Swindon, Crawley etc The man basically did not perform!!!! He is not Ballotelli or Rooney, he is a park player with some natural ability, but not a footballer or team player.

So what is he aside from a fraud and disresctful hypocrite, before anyone shoots me down, I call him a hypocrite over his behaviour. He pled bullying against him and said that his teammates were vile as they swore so much....yet he finds it acceptable to not turn up for work see it fit to chase opponents with scissors!!!! The club have given him more chances and support than I ever remember them affording anyone else.

So now to Mohsni on the pitch, well he is too much of a liability to play at the back, he is not clever or disciplined enough to play in the middle, up top he gets wound up and wanders!!! Someone please tell me he is that good he should hold down a regular position.

I think too many people on here and in the stands fell for the fist pumping, floor punching, net swinging show of passion. I certainly am haunted by the amount of times I saw his hand held in apology, or times he was petulant and disrupted the side.

I for one won't miss him and will never forgive him for destroying our changing room two years running. I am also disgusted that he played a part in our Wembley dream and actually cost us yet again (Both goals) as a parting shot. He should have been nowhere near this football club. Now Wembley is gone and he has supposedley stuck up two fingers (Or not if thats so offensive) to us all yet again. I just hope the worshippers finally see the true colours of Bilel now it's all ruined and realise that it's best he goes.

I also hope they respect that our new gaffer may have his flaws but he has a pair of balls and will make decisions in the best interest of our football club.

Great post, 100% agree, although I would add when playing up top he didn't have a clue where his strike partner or wide players were.

Back