• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I still think that it was the return if Mohsni that scuppered us and our season. Had poor team morale whilst he was here, then excellent team morale after he left for the 1st time, and poor once again after he returned. All down hill after that. :'(

It was Orient scuppered our season, ending Michael Timlin's season prematurely.

If luggy's players are so crap, why did Tango take the job? He's hardly experienced in the lower leagues.

Poor, poor selection of new manager I feel.

If luggy's players are so crap, why did Tango take the job? He's hardly experienced in the lower leagues.

Poor, poor selection of new manager I feel.

How can you possibly judge him after 7 games? He's taken over a squad which isn't his. A squad which had been performing woefully and which didn't seem able to do it on the pitch. An average squad, really. He has been getting to know his players, getting to know the club, getting to know his backroom team, trying out different systems with they players he has to work with, and trying to get across his way of playing which is very different to that of his predecessor. He hasn't just been concentrating on the squad either, he has been making/suggesting improvements to the facilities and the training ground, liaising with the board to get some new blood in on the coaching side and a scouting network in place, amongst other things. He's thrown himself into it and ever since he turned up, it really has been all hands on deck for next season. When he has his own players, his own philosophy, his own backroom team additions and his changes at Boots and Laces in place.....then start judging him. Too many of you have hated him from the first minute and are not willing to give him a chance. It really is shocking!

Our biggest problem this year has been our midfield. When you consider that Hall, Grant, and Ferdinand all left for clubs in higher divisions and then Timlin broke his leg our team is nothing like last years.

A thousand times this.

How can you possibly judge him after 7 games? He's taken over a squad which isn't his. A squad which had been performing woefully and which didn't seem able to do it on the pitch. An average squad, really. He has been getting to know his players, getting to know the club, getting to know his backroom team, trying out different systems with they players he has to work with, and trying to get across his way of playing which is very different to that of his predecessor. He hasn't just been concentrating on the squad either, he has been making/suggesting improvements to the facilities and the training ground, liaising with the board to get some new blood in on the coaching side and a scouting network in place, amongst other things. He's thrown himself into it and ever since he turned up, it really has been all hands on deck for next season. When he has his own players, his own philosophy, his own backroom team additions and his changes at Boots and Laces in place.....then start judging him. Too many of you have hated him from the first minute and are not willing to give him a chance. It really is shocking!

While much of what you say might be true, this last sentence is a bit rich considering how outraged you were when Luggy was appointed......

:whistling:

While much of what you say might be true, this last sentence is a bit rich considering how outraged you were when Luggy was appointed......

:whistling:

I never hated him. A lot of my anger with the Chairman and the board for the way Tilson was treated, was directed at Sturrock at first. That was missplaced. I warmed to Sturrock quickly and was very grateful for what he did here. My dad became chumy with him and I spoke to him many times and have even been round his house. He is a top bloke. But many people are now doing to Brown (but worse!) what I was criticised for doing to Sturrock at first, and that makes a lot of what they are now saying rather rich too!

I never hated him. A lot of my anger with the Chairman and the board for the way Tilson was treated, was directed at Sturrock at first. That was missplaced. I warmed to Sturrock quickly and was very grateful for what he did here. My dad became chumy with him and I spoke to him many times and have even been round his house. He is a top bloke. But many people are now doing to Brown (but worse!) what I was criticised for doing to Sturrock at first, and that makes a lot of what they are now saying rather rich too!

Maybe people need a chance to warm to PB in their turn, then. :thumbsup:

Still amazed he took this job.

As he has been unemployed for 12-18 months (or whatever), i guess any job opportunity would eagerly be snapped up?. I'm sure i recently read a post that claimed 'Uncle Ron' had him in mind as Sturrocks successor. Rather strange considering he had applied for a few Managers jobs without being successful?.
Maybe Ron knows something we dont?. Anyway, give the guy a chance to mould his own team, and at this time next season if we are still dross, then vent your feelings then.

Seems people are "bashing" both PB & PS here just to prove points.

Don't think its got anything to do with the hate!,and we all want to see him be a success,but to make a statement about seven cup finals and then see the team not turn up for one has everybody worried!!

Ok - not bashing here. But surely as a manager you come in with a plan. This is the way we're going to play, and I'll instruct the players to play in that manner to try and be successful. I can't see a plan or a style of play. So far every game has brought different formations, different personnel, it's too haphazard - I hope he gets it right but at the moment I'm sceptical

Phil's last 24 games as manager have produced 2 wins !..Win ratio of 8%...Doh !

Bloke should concentrate on the playing front not inviting silly celebs into the dressing room.

Phil's last 24 games as manager have produced 2 wins !..Win ratio of 8%...Doh !

Bloke should concentrate on the playing front not inviting silly celebs into the dressing room.

How many wins did Sturrock get in his last 24? Not that many either.

Lets judge Brown on what he does next season.

Lets judge Brown on what he does next season.

Overall that's true, but you can also judge Brown on the games he has been in charge this season. You'd judge a player over the same amount of games. Let's call it a 'trial' period then (i.e. not conditions of Brown's choosing but a chance to demonstrate potential ability): how has PB faired?

Ok - not bashing here. But surely as a manager you come in with a plan. This is the way we're going to play, and I'll instruct the players to play in that manner to try and be successful. I can't see a plan or a style of play. So far every game has brought different formations, different personnel, it's too haphazard - I hope he gets it right but at the moment I'm sceptical

I think I disagree with that. I actually have seen a change in tactics. PS was very keen for his defence to get rid of the ball ASAP, either long to the front men, or short to midfield. I've seen far more of the defence playing with the ball, and the team as a whole being a whole lot more patient in possession. I don't know for sure, but my belief is that we have had far more possession under Brown than we ever did under Strurrock. I may be wrong on that, but it's certainly the impression I have got from looking at the BBS stats...

I also don't think PB has chopped and changed too much. He has tried to find a settled team, but has a lot of players to look at. He needs to see if they can play the style of football he wants them to play, so needs to give them all a chance ready for next season. Certainly the last few games the team has been more settled...

Back