• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

It's not his fault that he was brought back to the club ,but it's time to accept that it hasn't worked out and time to go back to Southampton, if he needs a lift I'll drive him there myself !!!

It's not his fault that he was brought back to the club ,but it's time to accept that it hasn't worked out and time to go back to Southampton, if he needs a lift I'll drive him there myself !!!

Agreed,

First time here Lee was very good yet for whatever reason his career has nosedived and frankly how he receives any pitch time currently is shocking IMO.

But he accepted the invitation to come back
Happy%20Smilie%20aug%202010.gif

Anyone notice that our form actually went sour long before Barnard joined?

Who cares, need a good scapegoat.

Barnard joined just before the Hull game. Prior to that we were undefeated in 7 games. Since then we haven't won. Not Lee's fault, just an unfortunate coincidence.

Wasn't long before and shouldn't he have had a positive impact in turning our form around ? Wasn't that the reason he was brought in to improve the side ? Southampton have an excellent coaching set up, he should have improved as a player since he left us but he looks like he has gone backwards. Nothing to do with being made a scapegoat, he isn't the only one not performing but he should be offering a lot more than he is, this is not an untried kid being slated it's a highly paid pro who looks uninterested.

Previous 9 league games before lee yielded 16 points,The 9 league games since he has been here has yielded 5 points.

Wasn't long before and shouldn't he have had a positive impact in turning our form around ? Wasn't that the reason he was brought in to improve the side ? Southampton have an excellent coaching set up, he should have improved as a player since he left us but he looks like he has gone backwards. Nothing to do with being made a scapegoat, he isn't the only one not performing but he should be offering a lot more than he is, this is not an untried kid being slated it's a highly paid pro who looks uninterested.

Exactly this.

He is an experienced pro who has played at a higher level yet he has done nothing since he returned .

What exactly would sending him back achieve for anyone?
Well for a start it can't be good for team morale when the other players see someone who is not performing still getting games. Would also enable us to bring in someone who is hungry and up for the fight.

Well for a start it can't be good for team morale when the other players see someone who is not performing still getting games. Would also enable us to bring in someone who is hungry and up for the fight.

Your wasting your time with Beefy.

Barnard joined just before the Hull game. Prior to that we were undefeated in 7 games. Since then we haven't won. Not Lee's fault, just an unfortunate coincidence.

Undefeated yes, winning, no.

Between 30th November and his appearance on the 28th we drew 4 lost 1 and won 3. So 3 wins in 8.

Previous 9 league games before lee yielded 16 points,The 9 league games since he has been here has yielded 5 points.

Our form has certainly worsened, but it wasnt like we were in good form before he joined.

Anyone who thinks his arrival is the reason our form went from good to bad has a very narrow view of things.

The whole team isnt performing and still getting games.

Definitely need catering sorted with all these hungry players.

The whole team isnt performing and still getting games.

Definitely need catering sorted with all these hungry players.
Are you aware that sometimes you just have to reply and have the last word even if you offer nothing constructive ?

Are you aware that sometimes you just have to reply and have the last word even if you offer nothing constructive ?

Thanks for that constructive reply.

Im not after the last word, its a discussion forum, I certainly hope for replies so mine isn't the last word or the forum is pointless.

Absolutely Jam_Man, spot on. But a good scapegoat is exactly what certain factions of our...ahem...."support" crave. It's usually the same old protagonists with the same old tired posts, I don't think it's any surprise really - I bet wiggy will be the next to add his/her two pennies worth.....

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Barnard needs creativity around him - he's NOT a Freddy of old. What staggers me is that our fans already know this, it's not like Barnard wasn't here before! We have little or no creativity in this team other than Hurst (who is off form). Does anything more really need to be said? It's down to Brown to add more creative flair to the side, no-one else.

Absolutely Jam_Man, spot on. But a good scapegoat is exactly what certain factions of our...ahem...."support" crave. It's usually the same old protagonists with the same old tired posts, I don't think it's any surprise really - I bet wiggy will be the next to add his/her two pennies worth.....

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Barnard needs creativity around him - he's NOT a Freddy of old. What staggers me is that our fans already know this, it's not like Barnard wasn't here before! We have little or no creativity in this team other than Hurst (who is off form). Does anything more really need to be said? It's down to Brown to add more creative flair to the side, no-one else.

Gotcha ,

So Phil should build his team round Lee who may not even be here next season.

Back