• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

24ymfcx.jpg

Great game , same please on Monday against accrington UTB

Well done Tango, changed it a bit and paid dividends. Impossible to call each game......can't beat an average Dons at home and destroy Rochdale, bring on the Accers!

Just got in to see this. Magnificent. Now please follow this up on Monday!!

Well done Tango, changed it a bit and paid dividends. Impossible to call each game......can't beat an average Dons at home and destroy Rochdale, bring on the Accers!

Frustrating, even Torquay we struggled to get the win.

Possibly helps us when we are playing away against a team that has to attack as we struggle to break down teams that can afford to sit back.

Good to see that Chris Phillips got it spot on when he talked about the importance of Gomis' and Eastwood's contributions within the midweek friendly. They were the real reason behind today's win.

Great result, it actually didn't surprise me all that much as this is what Southend do!! For tonight I am very happy, Monday can look after itself for now.

Well that was fantastic. Normally games in the sun can be a bit flat but after a slow 10 mins we really got into it.

I though the line up was spot on and the subs were right as well. Good to see Prosser get some minutes

Bentley - 7 - not a huge amount to do, a couple of dodgy kicks but solid
White - 8 - very solid. Little got past him
Sokolik - 8 - defended really well but sloppy a couple of times
Egan - 9 - imperious. So fast out of the blocks to get to tackles. Great in the air
Coker - 7 - struggled at times but generally solid
Timlin - 8 - an excellent performance, still chasing down in the 90th minute
Atkinson - 7 - still sometimes struggle to see what he offers but he put a lot of pressure on the Rochdale defence
Leonard - 7 - worked hard. Cracked a fantastic shot against the post/crossbar
Hurst - 8 - excellent going forward
Corr - 9 - worked so hard. Took his tap in and set up two others
Murphy - 9 MOTM - got every decision spot on, fantastic skill and a goal and an assist to cap it off.

Subs all get 6

One sexy Lino, there's only one sexy Lino!!

3 points monday would certainly go a massive way, but I think we only need 4 points now.

Would be nice to get 3 of them Monday so we can relax.

A win for us and Scunny on Monday and we are all but there (barring the unlikely event of Oxford making up a goal difference of +8 on us. The thing that I really feared after Wimbledon, was it slipping to the last game of the season and it being out of our hands. Meaning that even if we beat Burton, we'd have to rely on other scores going our way. Happily that doesn't now look likely..................but hang on, we are Southend United! :winking:
A REALLY GOOD FRIDAY!

Just in from the Boat and Horses at Chadderton where we had a pint or two to mark a fabulous afternoon. Will post something more informative tomorrow. Suffice to say I have not had such a memorable away match since Swans 2-2 and securing promotion. PB got selection right and it all fell into perfect place. First 20 mins could have produced 3-3 scoreline. The injury to Hogan robbed Dale of their most potent threat. But you have to capitalise and how we did so. No weak links and took our chances brilliantly. Invidious to pick individuals but twin CBs superb, especially Egan superb. Atkco and Timlin ran themselves into the ground. Abiding memory PB and Timlin walking back after applauding fans deep in tactical discussion. More ales tonight in Oldham as brother-in-laws' Latics beat Col U.

Been at Santa Pod all day with no real signal on my phone. A 1-0 popped up but that was about it so hearing a 3-0 has topped off a truly wonderful day

Back