• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

i had my usual away day motto of "a really good day spoilt by 90 minutes of crap football" well and truly rammed down my throat yesterday.

A good journey up with a bit of heavy traffic on the m6, to be expected on a bank holiday (why can't the football league organise local games at christmas & easter ?), went for a pre-match drink in the church pub --- only to find it had burnt down.

Popped along the road to the chip shop in someone's front room and got chatting to some rochdale fans who asked me how the match would go. I told them that they would be okay today as we were rubbish last week. How wrong was i.

In the ground the general and his gang of loolalikes on his stag do seemed to enjoy themselves as did all the 400+ visiting fans, me included.

I thought rochdale were hassled into making many mistakes and our crisp passing and tireless running , especially mr timlin, stopped them looking like a top side. Their passing was poor and the keeper seemed uneasy whenever the ball came near him.

Special mention goes to bbbc for his efforts and he will never score an easier goal thanks to a good bit of skill and strength from murphy who looked a different player from before ( it wasn't his twin brother by any chance?).

We had a couple of close shaves at the start of the match but as time went on rochdale looked less of a threat and i was fortunate enough to get back to my seat with my bovril just before the second half started, unlucky to those who didn't see the first 10 seconds of the second half --- you missed a good goal !

The second half petered out from our point of view but we stood firm and it was good to see luke prosser appear near the end. Not sure how we will play with a back 5 or 6 though.

A journey home that seemed to fly by, probably as i slept a good part of the way on the tz coach. Home in time to see the goals on ssn.

A good day enhanced by 90 minutes of good football and a massive three points.

Looking forward to monday, hope we are not disappointed.

"one sexy lino, there's only one sexy lino"

shush!!!!!

The dirty player who dragged his foot across our player was LUND who played briefly in a Southend shirt. Another cynical type player was their Rafferty. I think the ref forgot to bring his yellow card with him got first half, when he could have stopped the iffy tackling and diving and Corr was at it too for a while. Some never learn.

Back