• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Chelski

I see someone has well and truly thrown all his toys out of his pram.

Hope you enjoyed your meal Mourinho.
Great manager but lets himself down at times.Lacked a bit of class after yesterdays game

Can't blame anyone but himself. That was a must win game and Chelsea looked hesitant going forward until Schurle and, later Torres, came on. Shows how much they depend on Hazard. Matic and Ramires both had awful games, and I guess the groundsmen will be told off for how slippery the pitch was.

I hate chelsea and everything they represent about modern football, without the absurd spending of super rich russian bloke they would still be mid table decent cup team level, add man city to the list too, if liverpool win the league this year I would love it, a moral victory for football imo. I hope chelsea never win a trophy again.

I hate chelsea and everything they represent about modern football, without the absurd spending of super rich russian bloke they would still be mid table decent cup team level, add man city to the list too, if liverpool win the league this year I would love it, a moral victory for football imo. I hope chelsea never win a trophy again.

I find that a strange sentiment when they have not only one of the biggest cheats in the game in their side, but also a man who considered it acceptable to bite an opposition player! A truly loathsome individual.

The vast majority of Liverpool fans, players, management and board of directors also went out of their way to defend the actions of someone proven beyond doubt to have racially abused someone. They're morally bankrupt, so how a Liverpool win can be considered a moral victory for football is beyond me.

Despicable club.

The vast majority of Liverpool fans, players, management and board of directors also went out of their way to defend the actions of someone proven beyond doubt to have racially abused someone. They're morally bankrupt, so how a Liverpool win can be considered a moral victory for football is beyond me.

Despicable club.

It was NOT proven beyond doubt at all as no other player's were close enough to here the conversation. He was found guilty even though his supposed racial insult is a perfectly normal in South America.
Normally your comments are quite sensible so I am surprised by your ' morally bankrupt' comment as that makes no sense at all !
Without doubt Liverpool play the most exciting football in the PL this season with more English players than most other clubs so hopefully stay top as I also think it will be a moral victory for football if they do.

I find that a strange sentiment when they have not only one of the biggest cheats in the game in their side, but also a man who considered it acceptable to bite an opposition player! A truly loathsome individual.

Depends on how you look at it I love a football nutter hilarious antics from suarez. Too many plastic robots playing the game especially at that level. What did you think of leonard diving every five minutes on Monday.

Despicable club.

Liverpool fc are football royalty. Agreed they went ott on defending the whole racism thing....think dalglisg was behind a lot of that. Look at the history and the way they have generally carried themselves over the years let alone the clubs support of the Hillsborough victims during the campaign they have gone through. To call liverpool fc a despicable club is way off the mark

It was NOT proven beyond doubt at all as no other player's were close enough to here the conversation. He was found guilty even though his supposed racial insult is a perfectly normal in South America.
Normally your comments are quite sensible so I am surprised by your ' morally bankrupt' comment as that makes no sense at all !
Without doubt Liverpool play the most exciting football in the PL this season with more English players than most other clubs so hopefully stay top as I also think it will be a moral victory for football if they do.

Spot on. On a side note I used to see john lattimer at his sutton road clinic and his collection of lfc memorabilia was amazing

Spot on. On a side note I used to see john lattimer at his sutton road clinic and his collection of lfc memorabilia was amazing

I also used to see Latts at his clinic as well for various injuries and even though some of his old school treatments were painfull they usually worked. He also had some great football stories to tell and it was almost worth the pain to hear him tell them.

Depends on how you look at it I love a football nutter hilarious antics from suarez. Too many plastic robots playing the game especially at that level. What did you think of leonard diving every five minutes on Monday.
I didn't like it at all, and he was getting his leg pulled about it last night. Your sentence doesn't make a great deal of sense, but whatever you think, Lenny's diving is not even approaching the type of diving Suarez executes. At least there is some contact, Suarez dives as soon as he can feel an opposition player's breath on him! I don't see how you, or anyone, can possibly defend his actions.

It sets a terrible example for kids that look up to those at the top of the profession, and the sooner the FA brings in retrospective punishment to account for the cheating that goes on, the better.

I didn't like it at all, and he was getting his leg pulled about it last night. Your sentence doesn't make a great deal of sense, but whatever you think, Lenny's diving is not even approaching the type of diving Suarez executes. At least there is some contact, Suarez dives as soon as he can feel an opposition player's breath on him! I don't see how you, or anyone, can possibly defend his actions.

It sets a terrible example for kids that look up to those at the top of the profession, and the sooner the FA brings in retrospective punishment to account for the cheating that goes on, the better.

Im not defending it really I find it amusing and the day I hold luiz suarez up as an example to my children I will hurt myself a lot.....its only a game dont take it too seriously.....check out his miracle recovery against norwich....tv gold

FA too busy dealing with the indiscretions and assaults by Chelski players and staff at the moment. With the amount of diving from Oscar,Hazard and let alone the disgrace that is Ramires I think this is a club that really should be getting it’s own house in order.
Suarez is far from perfect but there are players there are certainly other players that dive more than him but it does not get mentioned.

I think you might want to go and read the FA report on the incident again. Suarez admitted to using racist terms and told both Dirk Kuyt and Ian Ayre what he said to Evra after the game. He spoke to Evra in Spanish, to Kuyt in Dutch and to Ayre in English, and then tried to claim that he was being misquoted. By three different people, in three different languages? I do love it when Liverpool fans bring up the "oh, but it's normal in South America", as if that makes his behaviour more palatable. Even without what Evra alleges Suarez to have said, what Suarez admitted to saying was racist. Evra was offended. It's as simple as that.

They morally bankrupted themselves to defend their only player of genuine world class at the time despite what he had been convicted of. Most football clubs would do the same and I'm not disputing that, what I'm disputing is claims that a Liverpool title win would be the moral victory. Would it ****.

Liverpool fc are football royalty. Agreed they went ott on defending the whole racism thing....think dalglisg was behind a lot of that. Look at the history and the way they have generally carried themselves over the years let alone the clubs support of the Hillsborough victims during the campaign they have gone through. To call liverpool fc a despicable club is way off the mark

Claiming Liverpool to be "football royalty" is the kind of sycophantic nonsense that the Premier League wants to be spun out.

I think you might want to go and read the FA report on the incident again. Suarez admitted to using racist terms and told both Dirk Kuyt and Ian Ayre what he said to Evra after the game. He spoke to Evra in Spanish, to Kuyt in Dutch and to Ayre in English, and then tried to claim that he was being misquoted. By three different people, in three different languages? I do love it when Liverpool fans bring up the "oh, but it's normal in South America", as if that makes his behaviour more palatable. Even without what Evra alleges Suarez to have said, what Suarez admitted to saying was racist. Evra was offended. It's as simple as that.

They morally bankrupted themselves to defend their only player of genuine world class at the time despite what he had been convicted of. Most football clubs would do the same and I'm not disputing that, what I'm disputing is claims that a Liverpool title win would be the moral victory. Would it ****.

Claiming Liverpool to be "football royalty" is the kind of sycophantic nonsense that the Premier League wants to be spun out.

sycophantic nonsense? Have a look at the amount of league titles, european cups, legends of the game, worldwide stature of Liverpool fc and tell me they are not a top top club, a stature that was long established before the premier league was even dreamt of, I dislike what the premier league has become and stands for nowadays, LFC were football royalty long before the money men took over. Football royalty = Real madrid, barcelona, Man utd, AC Milan, Ajax, Bayern Munich, Liverpool.....clubs with long standing sucessful histories and players that have helped shape the world of football.

Wonder what the difference is in cost of the squads of Chelsea, Man City and Liverpool?

Last edited:
Liverpool's squad (not including the fees paid for first team players currently out on loan, what they're still paying for Carroll and Downing, and the cost of lost good will owing to Suarez's heinous acts of racism and violence) cost between £162-166m, with only three academy graduates (Gerrard, Flanagan, Kelly), so not exactly the cheaply assembled products of Melwood the nationals might have you believe.

Back