• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Shouldn't matter if the club is in the Premiership, League 2 or the Essex Senior League. They should all be the same as they're all the same quality.

Just as a quick comparison:

Morcambe Adult £40 Kids £30
Daggers Adult £42 Kids £30 (away shirts cheaper, might be old)
OXford Adult £36 Kids ?
Wimbledon Adult £45 Kids ?
Cobblers Adult £40
Newport Adult £35
Plymouth Adult £40
ShrewsburyAdult £39 (£35 for away)
Accrington Adult £40
Cambridge Adult £40

Colchester Adult £40

Arsenal £50
Manchester United £55

So not the most expensive but almost...

ALways a bit annoying as my son was 6 last year and could never fit a shirt.

Hoping the smallest one will be ok this eyar, youd have though Extra Small Boy should fit a 6 year old wouldnt you?

Jeez £36 for a kids shirt.

We were talking about how to get kids interested in the club yet ask that for a shirt. I know its not SUFC at fault here, but wow.

My boy really is an extra small boy. Not four until October but small with it as well - got him a 2/3 yrs England kit this summer and the shorts were like a tent on him! Guess he'll need to wait a few more years for a proper kit and make do with training kit.

our kit could be a lot worst ... Spanish second division side Cultural Leonesa have come up with this ....:stunned:

Cultural-Leonesa-Spanish-side-Tuxedo-Kit.jpg

Isn't that cute........do they have the tails to wear with it?

They were £42.50 last season, which was up from the £40 that it had been for the previous few seasons. So a £4 hike in 2 years. That's inflation for you...

They could at least do some sort of offer at the start, like half-price shirt numbering or buy the home kit and you get a discount off the away kit.

Would like to think that having a season ticket would mean a reduced amount....

also, £40 is okay, tends to be an acceptable price, nearer to £45 is not.

Of course, this is on the basis that people will buy it if MD are the sponsor.

I'll happily pay £44. At least its a nice shirt this year.

I refused to pay the £42.50 for last years one which was essentially a navy t shirt!

Way too much white, looks like there is all white on the back too. Not impressed, very un-Southend. IF the away shirt is the yellow with navy stripe though that will look very smart.... :thumbsup:

If you like it and it's within your price range buy it. If you don't like it or it's out of your price range don't. Pretty simple.

My boy really is an extra small boy. Not four until October but small with it as well - got him a 2/3 yrs England kit this summer and the shorts were like a tent on him! Guess he'll need to wait a few more years for a proper kit and make do with training kit.

My son isnt big for his age and certainly at that age I had to buy him those shirts that look like the Southend shirts but without being a real replica.

Shame as I would have bought a few more shirts over the years if they had.

Of course, this is on the basis that people will buy it if MD are the sponsor.

You really think people care who the sponsor is?

All I care about is whether it ruins the look of the shirt, Im sure it will be fairly discreet.

It's not out of my price range. But I am amazed our fans think it's normal nowadays to buy, at the top end of price for kits when we are in League 2. German football know what they are doing now, cheap so everyone can be a fan. Cheap season tickets and cheap tops. This game is all about the supporters.

Back