• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

QPR drew 2-2 with orient tonight and QPR only put out a weak side as have been told they putting out a good side at root shall on Wednesday:thumbsup:

Thought the number 12 did quite well but is too similar to what we already have. We need a creative midfielder, not another ball winning midfielder in the Timlin mould. Deegan and Chedozie were both poor, can't see them being with us for too much longer.

The 2 trialist centre backs both looked decent, hopefully we can have another look tomorrow against QPR. Seen Fagan 3 or 4 times in pre-season and been really impressed, i'd definitely offer him a contract for a year with an option for a further year if he has a good season.

Of the current squad, Paul Smith didn't have too much to do but looked ok. Got a decent reception when he went off which was good to see. Coker and White solid as always. Hurst was really poor and Barnard worked hard but wasn't in the game at all, really hoping he has a good season but just can't see it happening at the moment. Think he needs a couple of goals early on in the season to give him a boost.

Worrall didn't look fit to me. He worked hard but seemed to run out of steam, showed a couple of glimpses of quality but picked the wrong option quite a few times. Great play between him and Fagan to set up Weston for the goal though. Think he'll be a decent signing once he's match fit.

Was a shame to lose in injury time but overall thought we did quite well, plenty of positives to take from the game.

So hursts poor form continues on from last season, he is one who needs competition for his place imo.

Wonder if Remy and Ferdinand will play for QPR ,hope so,be good to see how our CBs go against a premiership quality Striker.I think the friendly against QPR will give everyone a true gauge of our chances this forthcoming season.

Quite impressed with Richards-Everton at centre half who would be a good squad addition imho, big, strong and a proper defender, he outshone a poor Thompson who he replaced at half time. Richards-Everton as a third choice cb pushing Prosser and A N Other would work for me.

The Dane at the back also looked ok but not a first teamer for me.

Second half subs Cregg (200 apps in Scottish leagues) and Jenkins (over 80 apps for Watford) did ok in the middle but not better than what we already have. Deegan in first half looks very heavy but a fit Deegan would interesting to see - likes a tackle in that disciplined holding role.

In contrast to previous comments in this thread, I was quite impressed with the neat touches, pace and work rate of (10) chedozie. Like the Lads from Billericay and Charlton he could be worth a chance to impress in our development squad.

regarding Eastwood, I think someone said the other day they had spoke to him and he was going to play if his knee allowed it. Sounds like his knee wasn't up to scratch so taken off before he had to run around on it.

Southend V QPR will NOT be streamed via QPR Website, i would take a guess we are still trialling some players tomorrow too.

BTW - Out of season someones arsed part of the scoreboard up, hope its fixed and does not start going like the old one... spot the glitch tomorrow lol.

Interesting that there is so many variants in opinions. I'm going to chip in my pennys worth too, for what it's worth.

4. Gary Deegan - Doesn't look fit enough for me, and seems to have a short temper. Even with him being on trial, he was trying to get more than the ball in each and every tackle. However, he looks a half decent ball player. More of a good Conference player for me.
10. Jordan Chedozie - Could be a skillful player on the ground but was constantly getting muscled off the ball. No good in the air as he's not that tall. Same sort of problems Loza had with us last season, but not as pacy. Didn't get a chance to show if he had any finishing skills. Not a great crosser of the ball.
8. Ross Jenkins - I really liked him. Constantly wanted the ball in the middle. Took over the roll as play maker. Can see why Watford liked him. I believe he can be a strong player for us.
12. Patrick Clegg - Did ok but looked lost at times. May help to have more time with the team but did wow me at any point.
15. Mats Ibenfeldt - Would be disappointed if he wasnt offered something as he looked very comfortable at the back against good oposition. Always made the right decision and looked comfortable when the ball was at his feet. Watched him against Concord, and it was an almost pointless trial as his standard is much higher, but shone much brighter here. Height will benefit us for corners at both ends.
16. Ben Richards-Everton - Looked shaky at times but grew in the role next to Mats. Pull in a few good tackles and has a bit of pace about him. Would like to see him play again.
19. Craig Fagan - Obviously a player that has played at a higher level. 31 and still has a good pace. Would be surprised if he wasn't signed.

Cobwebs in the the east blacks were hideous!,Memo to club please have ground ready for paying customers!

The Fred "appearance" was farcical ,Barnard could still be playing now and still not score .

I liked Fagan who IMO will be handy in the league whilst the tall CB also looked ok,Cannot comment on much more as was occupied with those darn spiders and cobs .

So interesting to see how people's opinions differ. We thought Chedozie had a fantastic game! Deegan, Cregg and Jenkins all did ok but didn't really offer anything different to an area we already have quite good cover in, though Deegan had the biggest thighs I've seen at RH since Neil Townsend! Jenkins probably the pick of those three.

Of the second half defensive pair, both started looking a bit wobbly but both grew into the game. "Big John" looked to have the edge on his defensive partner, but both did well, and I'd be happy with either of them. Worrall slotted into RB very well while the skip went to LB, and I particularly liked the way Chedozie dropped back into the RB position to cover when Worrall had gone forward and Ipswich counter attacked.

Fagan is just class, can't imagine why the boss needed another look at him, surely he knows him well enough? Set up Worrall well to lay it on a plate for Weston to score.

I thought Barney showed determination up top, White, Lenny and Hurst all played the full 90. Lenny got more space in the second half the way we set up. Paul Smith had a good game, and Ted, when he came on, was unlucky to concede the winning goal so close to the end.

As for Freddy, he knew his career was over at the end of last season. He's not trained and there was no point risking his knee for any longer. It was the cameo appearance I expected (though even I was surprised how short it was) and he was given the ovation I hoped for.

"Big John" looked to have the edge on his defensive partner, but both did well, and I'd be happy with either of them.

I thought "Big John" was the striker we had on loan who played against Concord. Which one are you referring to as having the edge - one is "Mad Max" Ibenfeldt and the other is Ben Richards-Everton

mads%20ibenfeldt.jpg

richardseverton_3049633.jpg

As I understand it, "Big John" is the blonde guy.....that may be wrong though!

:smile:

I'm only going on what people around me were saying!

I wonder if the Franchman we have here on trial will play tomorrow,seeing as how he didnt play against Ipswich.Then again is he still at the club, or maybe hes that good we keeping him under wraps so hes not stolen away from us.

Both center backs impressed last night. Would sign both based on that display although I'm sure PB will want to see more of them.

With people raving about the CB's, does Prosser face a season of warming the bench, just coming on to cover for injuries etc...similar to last season?

Two worries for me - Hurst had a poor game, he hasn't been his usual self since the middle of last season and a new season doesn't seem to have given him a new start. Also, we didn't look like scoring again, I know it's only pre-season and we had some trialists up front but Barney didn't look like getting a sniff and we didn't seem to create that much.

Positively, the two trialist centre backs were good, Mads Max was the better of the two for me but I would be very disappointed if we didn't offer at least one of them a deal. Thompson doesn't look good enough to start regularly and I think we could do with another 2 CBs.
Fagan shows he's played at a higher level, Worrall and Weston both looked like good signings, and Worrall seemed to have the Atkinson work rate but with added pace and quality.
In midfield, I think we need a creative midfielder if we need a midfielder at all, and none of the trialists seemed to fit that role,

Deegan has the experience and desire which was good to see, Jenkins made a few mistakes but seemed to get on with his job quietly, and Cregg didn't really have too much of an impact.
Chedozie didn't seem up to this level, maybe one for the future but it's hard to tell when he's played long balls and not given many chances.

I thought Thompson was ok, lost a lot in the air though. In contrast, Christophe Berra could have actually got his deckchair out against Barnard and Chiedozie. He looked absolutely dominant. Our best moments came, as ever, when Ryan Leonard drove into the space in front of him.

Back